Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

On a sobering note, former Union commit and Providence player, Drew Brown is battling cancer. Best wishes to him.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ed-with-cancer

Comment

Does anyone have our non-conference schedule for 2014 - 2015? Have I got this correct?
      - Maine (Home) (2)
      - B.U (Away) (1)
      - St. Cloud (Home) (2) ?
      - New Hampshire (Home) (1) ?
      - UML/Sacred Heart/UCONN (Connecticut Tournament)

Do we have two with UNH? Any western trips? Will we have 10 non-conference like last year? I hope we get an opportunity to play UML in Connecticut. Our win in the 2011 Regionals against them was one of the best matchups I have ever seen. Lots of HE on the schedule. IMO would be great of we could schedule Providence each year.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I don't have the dates but I believe that the two Maine games are at Maine not at home. I think there are two games at Notre Dame. One home game with UNH is my understanding, as I believe they are playing one the same weekend at RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          I don't have the dates but I believe that the two Maine games are at Maine not at home. I think there are two games at Notre Dame. One home game with UNH is my understanding, as I believe they are playing one the same weekend at RPI.
          Thanks, that would add up to 10 for non-conference, with up to 8 being HE teams. That is a change. We are going to have our hands filled with that schedule.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Does anyone have our non-conference schedule for 2014 - 2015? Have I got this correct?
            - Maine (Home) (2)
            - B.U (Away) (1)
            - St. Cloud (Home) (2) ?
            - New Hampshire (Home) (1) ?
            - UML/Sacred Heart/UCONN (Connecticut Tournament)

Do we have two with UNH? Any western trips? Will we have 10 non-conference like last year? I hope we get an opportunity to play UML in Connecticut. Our win in the 2011 Regionals against them was one of the best matchups I have ever seen. Lots of HE on the schedule. IMO would be great of we could schedule Providence each year.
            Allowed to & typically have 12 non-conf games. Adding the Mayors Cup and 2 with Notre Dame is 11, so would guess there will be one more. Agree this will be a very challenging schedule, but am thrilled to see teams like SCSU & UNH coming to Schenectady.. the days of 6-7 AHA games seem to be over.
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Just Out:

UConn Announces Non-Conference Opponents
              http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...051914aaa.html

UConn will also play a pair of games at Webster Bank Arena as part of the first-ever Frozen Holiday Classic tournament. The four team field will feature the Huskies, Sacred Heart University, fellow Hockey East member UMass Lowell and defending national champion Union College.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Can the ECAC keep it going?

NCAA PLAYOFF RECORD
                RECORD OF ECAC TEAMS (Won-Lost) IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT
                2000 1-2 St. Lawrence made it to the FF
                2001 0-1
                2002 2-2
                2003 2-2 Cornell made it to the FF
                2004 0-1
                2005 2-2
                2006 1-2
                2007 0-2
                2008 1-2
                2009 1-3
                2010 1-2
                2011 1-2
                2012 3-2 Union FF
                2013 8-2 QU & Yale FF
                2014 4-2 Union FF

The NCAA Tournament record of the ECAC the past three years is 15-6. The record for the previous 12 years is 12-23
                From 2000 - 2011 12-23
                From 2012 - 2014 15-6

Last year 5 HE teams made the NCAA tournament and three ECAC teams. These are the ECAC teams that have made it to the NCAA tournament of recent
                Yale
                Union
                Cornell
                Colgate
                QU

These are the teams that are purported to be on the rise
                Dartmouth
                Brown
                Harvard

These are dark horses ?
                Princeton
                St. Lawrence
                Clarkson
                RPI

Do the ECAC teams, and particularly the IVYs, have the type of aggressive out of conference schedule to get more than three teams in the tournament? Is this another year where there is so much competiton and balance that league competition will constrain the number of ECAC teams that make the tournament? We need next years National Champ to come from the ECAC. Who is it going to be? Who is going to step up? Which ECAC team(s) have the best chance for the third straight national title?
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Is there anyone who really thinks Harvard is on the rise? If so, they sure don't post here.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Is there anyone who really thinks Harvard is on the rise? If so, they sure don't post here.
                    I am surprised that he put that as well. Harvard is losing top commits left and right. They have no business being a team on the rise.
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      I am surprised that he put that as well. Harvard is losing top commits left and right. They have no business being a team on the rise.
                      Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      OK Agreed. I have not been following what is going on with regard with recruiting.

Next year we are loosing:

Bodie
                      Carr
                      The Ghost
                      Hatch
                      Ikkala
                      Sullivan

Even if we were able to make up for the talent/speed loss, which we won't, we will never replace the leadership from last years team. Here is hoping that the ECAC will again bring home the trophy. Its not likely (miracle) it will be us. What is the prognosis for Cornell? QU? Is Colgate going to be our best hope? Brown and Dartmouth face BC this year. Next year the FF will be in Boston and I want to get started and buy the right Jersey.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...00684033206469

Come to think of it I do have a Cornell Sweatshirt)
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I sold our team short going into last season and won't do that again. Granted, we are losing some exceptional players, in fact the best class, plus one, that we've ever had. No way I will predict another ECAC or obviously a NC, but I think this team will be extremely competitive. I will give the team time to gel and absorb it's new additions before making any more specific prognostications. My initial goal will be a top four finish, beyond that, I need to wait and see. In addition to the player dynamics the coaching dynamics have to play themselves out as well. In particular if Joe Dumais makes himself a candidate at Princeton or even Holy Cross, I believe he would be a very strong candidate and if he were to leave, a very big loss to the program.

Comment

I sold our team short going into last season and won't do that again. Granted, we are losing some exceptional players, in fact the best class, plus one, that we've ever had. No way I will predict another ECAC or obviously a NC, but I think this team will be extremely competitive. I will give the team time to gel and absorb it's new additions before making any more specific prognostications. My initial goal will be a top four finish, beyond that, I need to wait and see. In addition to the player dynamics the coaching dynamics have to play themselves out as well. In particular if Joe Dumais makes himself a candidate at Princeton or even Holy Cross, I believe he would be a very strong candidate and if he were to leave, a very big loss to the program.
                          3-6 will be a good finish and hope to get going after January 1. Losing Dumais would suck but the only thing that matters is Bennette. As long as he is there, it will be fine. Pretty sure it is a top down approach to mgmt and how things are run.

Comment

My initial goal will be a top four finish, beyond that, I need to wait and see.
                            Agreed .... if we could make it back to LP, that would be great!!! Our tough non-conference schedule will certainly prepare us for conference play. Got to avoid the early season injuries we had last year. We will have two very good goalies, and my sense a bigger, stronger, slower team. Maybe more defense than offense next year .... back to looking like Cornell. Hoping that a national title will make recruiting a little easier. Does anyone know if it helped Yale? I have not looked at their recruiting class. I guess the key is Bennett. Can he integrate the new recruits fast enought so that we will be ready for league play? Can the upperclassmen carry the team until then? Two more successful seasons could give Bennett a remarkable coaching record and over 100 wins and put him into a very very elite class of college hockey coaches.

I signed up for the golf tournament ... is the course any good? It will need to be reseeded when I finish
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 05-21-2014, 08:50 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Update on Providence's Drew Brown and How to Help
                              http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...nd-how-to-help

http://www.gofundme.com/93da50
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                I signed up for the golf tournament ... is the course any good? It will need to be reseeded when I finish
                                Stadium is a very nice public course. It is not extremely challenging however, I think last year's winning score was 17 under.

Comment

Working...
                                X