Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
    NU athletics has always been run horribly, and will continue to be.
    ..why? rest of the U. has changed.. time for AD to be part of the solution as well!..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      ..why? rest of the U. has changed.. time for AD to be part of the solution as well!..
      For 30 years now I have felt like everything they do is put together half *** last minute. Like that game on a Saturday night just snuck up on them, they forgot all about it.
      The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Nobody went to games this year because the team was horrible the previous few years and then this year never played well or exciting hockey at home. Outside of the Maine weekend, which was the 2nd to last weekend of the season, the only other game to look forward to happened early on, the annual play above our heads to BC game.

Same thing will happen this fall again. Even if they manage to pull a game against an OCC team that managed a better then .500 record, nobody will care due to how the season ended. (I know the rumors about the Gophers, but until I see it on a season ticket, I wont believe it. Going back to Cronin, we dont get those teams anymore).

It has little to nothing to do with SAT scores, or being able to watch for free via the live stream. Because trust me, if the live stream were all that popular with students, the school would be bragging about it, which they dont.

Students do not go because they are not interested in it right now unless its a Beanpot final. To many years of losing and playing really bad at home under JM has lost a bunch of fans.

Think about it, every big win that JM has had has been on the road or a neutral site. Nothing to hook the new fans in with at home. Lets not forget, the season before the team started 2-0 at home, win over BC, and then went on to lose every other conference home game.

Its not really fair to blame JM per say, its just been the run the team has had under him at home has not been good. Play well at home, win some games against good teams, you hook a few more kids, and so on.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

[QUOTE=Huskies01;5950102]Nobody went to games this year because the team was horrible the previous few years and then this year never played well or exciting hockey at home. Outside of the Maine weekend, which was the 2nd to last weekend of the season, the only other game to look forward to happened early on, the annual play above our heads to BC game.

Same thing will happen this fall again. Even if they manage to pull a game against an OCC team that managed a better then .500 record, nobody will care due to how the season ended. (I know the rumors about the Gophers, but until I see it on a season ticket, I wont believe it. Going back to Cronin, we dont get those teams anymore).

It has little to nothing to do with SAT scores, or being able to watch for free via the live stream. Because trust me, if the live stream were all that popular with students, the school would be bragging about it, which they dont.

Students do not go because they are not interested in it right now unless its a Beanpot final. To many years of losing and playing really bad at home under JM has lost a bunch of fans.

Think about it, every big win that JM has had has been on the road or a neutral site. Nothing to hook the new fans in with at home. Lets not forget, the season before the team started 2-0 at home, win over BC, and then went on to lose every other conference home game.

Its not really fair to blame JM per say, its just been the run the team has had under him at home has not been good. Play well at home, win some games against good teams, you hook a few more kids, and so on.[/QUOTE

To many years of losing and playing really bad at home under JM has lost a bunch of fans. That is funny, how about to many years of playing bad at home and losing, like 70 years or so. Funny how you attribute just the last 3 years.

Comment

Roby is unbiased. He hates all sports that we can actually promote the name of the University at a national level, and in some cases (like men's hoops) make money. He doesn't do the hoop teams any favors, that's for sure - and he's a failed basketball coach and failed Reebok "executive."

He's more focused on women's ice hockey, track and field, and volleyball. How else do you explain our women's basketball coach still being employed after her "performance"

If it's Title IX, it's all for him.

Keep an eye out though, people close to him allegedly has been known to read DHD and other sites like this then check out LinkedIn profiles to let you know "they're watching."

Big Freaking Deal.
            Last edited by Five Hole Cole; 04-22-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
              To many years of losing and playing really bad at home under JM has lost a bunch of fans. That is funny, how about to many years of playing bad at home and losing, like 70 years or so. Funny how you attribute just the last 3 years.[/QUOTE]

well, most students do not remember the last 70 years. I do know that prior to JM taking over and tanking the program, drawing fans was not an issue the last two to three years of Cronin's time. Yes, it sucked Cronins first few years too, but it built it up to something.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Five Hole Cole View Post
                Roby is unbiased. He hates all sports that we can actually promote the name of the University at a national level, and in some cases (like men's hoops) make money. He doesn't do the hoop teams any favors, that's for sure - and he's a failed basketball coach and failed Reebok "executive."

He's more focused on women's ice hockey, track and field, and volleyball. How else do you explain our women's basketball coach still being employed after her "performance"

If it's Title IX, it's all for him.

Keep an eye out though, people close to him allegedly has been known to read DHD and other sites like this then check out LinkedIn profiles to let you know "they're watching."

Big Freaking Deal.
                Peter Roby was the head basketball coach at Harvard for 6 years. Under his leadership Harvard’s won lost record consisted of 58 wins and 98 loses for a .372 W-L%.
                To quote Bill Parcells;”You are what your are”
                Last edited by roma; 04-23-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

To many years of losing and playing really bad at home under JM has lost a bunch of fans. That is funny, how about to many years of playing bad at home and losing, like 70 years or so. Funny how you attribute just the last 3 years.[/QUOTE]

well, most students do not remember the last 70 years. I do know that prior to JM taking over and tanking the program, drawing fans was not an issue the last two to three years of Cronin's time. Yes, it sucked Cronins first few years too, but it built it up to something.[/QUOTE]

JM has destroyed this storied program. Take a look at the history buddy, they are right where they have always been. Cronin had 1 ONE good year here. 3-13-16-25-16-14 win totals, Show me the dominance year in and year out? He was trending down his last 2 seasons. You talk about him like they are banners in the arena from him. Building something? What did he build? What you slam JM for, a team that just had a good goalie you overlook the fact that Cronin had the best goalie in HE. That 25 win team doesn't win 25 games with Clay Witt.

Comment

The issue is simple but yet complex. You guys share you view points about the coaches, JM did this JM did that ditto with Cronin. It's pretty simple (player retention) and team chemistry. Player retention is critical the team to keep there players more than 2 to 3 Years will be a very good team what JM did this year with 12 new faces shows he is a coach that can mentor however his biggest challenge is to keep his hi end players and or role players. This year with all the talent coming back except for the captain this should be a hi end team possibly challenging do an HE title anything else should be considered a failure. The key thing is they only lost 1 key on defense and 1 key player on the offense the sophomores now in terms of next year need to step it up and press harder and the freshman coming in achieve that same chemistry as this years freshman than watch it this team will do some definite damage. The new captains must lead there worth will be off the ice where teams get there chemistry so the Captains will need to be the ones that brings this team together.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      I've been following this team for a long, long time and I can tell you that the Hockey attendance this year was, without a doubt, the worst I have ever seen for a team with a winning record.
                      To be fair this was 1 of only 3 winning seasons in the past 15+ years, and the others weren't preceded by single digit win years where everyone was fully off the bandwagon by January, so you'd have to expect it would be the worst attended winning season in almost any NU fan's memory, regardless of everything else about changing demographics, socioeconomics and "kids these days".

Also both BU and UNH's student tickets are free just like NU's.

Comment

retsap...u r an idiot. cronin inherited an absolute mess...with horrible goaltending...& a horrible recruiting class. EVERY TEAM that wins 75% of their games has GREAT Goaltending. EVERY TEAM. Show me a team that wins even 65% of their games with poor goaltending. No coach needs to apologize for having good goaltending...it is the cornerstone of a good defensive team. Witt was their backbone for 90% of the year & would have taken them to the NCAA if they didnt lose 2 to poor BU team. Cronin's last 2 teams had horrible Rawlings who also puck stopped (or puck missed) JM's teams in his 1st 2 years...and JM teams had horrible records. Coaches are important, but goalies are more important for on ice success. Cronin's last 2 years would have had 20+ wins if Witt played & not Rawlings. If Cronin stayed...NU would have had 25+ wins because they would have had Johnny Hobey Baker & R.O.Y goalie Gillies. Furthermore, if Cronin hadnt come to NU, you would still be watching the games in an unrenovated dump called Matthews Arena whining about not having Crowder guiding the split N yet another to sub 500 records. dummy

Comment

Why is everybody so angry? We have the best returning goalie in Hockey East and two of the top five returning forwards in Hockey East. I plan to eat, drink and be merry the entire off-season in anticipation of the best season in the past 70 years. The Witt announcement has changed everything - NU coaches, players and fans hit the lottery when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                            Why is everybody so angry? We have the best returning goalie in Hockey East and two of the top five returning forwards in Hockey East. I plan to eat, drink and be merry the entire off-season in anticipation of the best season in the past 70 years. The Witt announcement has changed everything - NU coaches, players and fans hit the lottery when that happened.
                            Hear, hear
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Hear, hear
                              Hell ya there is a lot of good things to be upbeat about. I think we can only get better.
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Cronin didn't get the renovations of the Arena done. Those plans were in the works before O'Brien hired him. His fingerprints are over WHAT was done (aesthetically), but the renovation project was not his idea. Next thing you know people will be claiming Cronin invented co-op and the quarter system.

Comment

Working...
                                X