Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I think this goes without saying, but shut the **** up fredsdeadfriend. You are a complete embarrassment to the team and the school and you're making the rest of the gopher fans out there look like complete asstards.
    Thank you. I'll give you positive rep when I'm at a PC Edit: Added as promised.
    Last edited by Go-UML; 04-13-2014, 07:25 AM.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Congrats to Union, awesome win, you guys got Minnie running around at the end of the 1st and exposed their D. Don't see how Minnies goalie gets the blame he had no one to clear rebounds or Union players at that point of the game. Can't remember a losing team taking so much crap after a NC loss, I wonder why?.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Minnesota isn't getting crap, some of their fans are. The ones that hand it out but can't take it right back at them. Minnesota is still one of the most entertaining teams to watch play, especially since it matches right up with my team to produce a really fun hockey game to watch.

Union put most of that play back at them and made it work, just like they did against BC. Another team that was really fun to watch. I very much hope that the ecac can get some tv coverage so I can watch that some more!!

Congratulations, Union!!! You guys really earned that!

Comment

Union scored, what, 12 goals in the FF? Against BC and UMinn? When is the last time a team has potted 12 in this tournament--against anybody?

Comment

if mn keeps team in place, lookout next year. wow, that some serious talent

Comment

Wow! Could not be more impressed with U. Great game and congrats.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Union scored, what, 12 goals in the FF? Against BC and UMinn? When is the last time a team has potted 12 in this tournament--against anybody?
                For the final game only...

Highest goal total for the winning team (7) since LSSU (9) over BU in 1994
                Highest combined goals (11) since 1991 (15).
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Congrats to Union. You guys earned it. I'm still heartbroken on the loss, but hey, we finished better than 57 other teams...pretty happy about that.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    2010? i think

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                      Losingest team in NCAA history??? LMAO, ok, I'm a sucker for hearing a dumbash out. Lets hear your evidence for justifying such a dumbash comment, lol.

Btw, UMn has more WINS in NCAA history than any other school in the nation, and the most wins in the last 50 years as well. And you were saying?!
                      JDUBBS is baaaaaaaaack!
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        No it wasn't.
                        Agreed. Union goalie kept Minny in the game. He was very shakie on all goals. Yes he made some great saves, but Union controlled much of the game and had far more grade A chances

Comment

schools like union and yale winning should put other ADs of "forgotten" programs on notice. the parity is such that finding the right coach can definitely change your fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                            Its almost absolutely unheard of, that a goal is ever scored in the first 9 seconds of a period...VERY VERY rare, or as I put it, a fluke.
                            Help me here. Did I miss your post saying you were embarrassed because your guys made it the final because of a "flukey" SHG in the final second?

The Gophers are a lot of fun to watch -- great skaters, and very skilled playmakers. The vast majority of their posters here are fun to read and very insightful.

So I'll regard you as both fluky and "almost absolutely" lame.

Comment

Congratulations Union you are #1.
                              Good game

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Nice to see that the Gophers have a new spokesman here at USCHO.
                                More like the fish you catch and throw back and keep catching over and over again. Only you don't even need bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X