Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Wait... I thought Minnesota had like 47 championships. I know I read it somewhere.

Congratulations Union. You were the best team in the 2013-2014 season and earned/deserved the National Title!

47 Championships?! lol, what sport on the planet has a team with that many titles?! lol

I'll take our 5 NCAA titles, plus our pre-NCAA resume as well as
    our record # of US Hockey Hall of Famers, and
    our record # of players sent to the NHL, and
    our record # of points scored in the NHL.

Congrats to Union. Can't wait to see how they deal with the NHL taking all of their best players from here on out now that they're on the radar.

Welcome to Elite Status Union. lol

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      It was a good game. I don't think the Gophers were out classed. They just weren't the better team.
      They were outclassed badly for about ten minutes and that was the game. Glad they didn't fold the rest of the way though.

Comment

It was a good game. I don't think the Gophers were out classed. They just weren't the better team.
        There's certainly no dishonor losing to that Union team. Wish I'd been able to see them play during the year.

Comment

Anyone watching the news? What the hell are they rioting about? Lamest riot on history by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            They were outclassed badly for about ten minutes and that was the game. Glad they didn't fold the rest of the way though.
            I wouldn't go so far as to say they were outclassed. They weren't the better team, that was obvious, but the Gophers held their own IMO. Considering the youth in their lineup, I think they should be proud of that. Union is a fantastic team.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

ECAC....two years running! Minnesota vs NY State......you lose SOTA!!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                There's certainly no dishonor losing to that Union team. Wish I'd been able to see them play during the year.
                No doubt. Union certainly proved themselves to be the worthy champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  Classy

Comment

Hate to agree with you, but I feared that was the case going into the game. Thought if we played like we did vs SCSU we might be able to pull it off, or if Wilcox pulled off a miracle, but hey, was honestly just satisfied to make it to the Final vs a team I didn't hate. lol.

Comment

Great game by Union. Congratulations on your well deserved NT!

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

And my guess is the Gophers have more players in the NHL than the entire state of NY combined. Wait to see how Union does when the NHL starts to figure out that they are legit.

I challenge you to have a team lose FIVE underclassmen and yet still make it to the Title game the next season.

Former Gophers are on the verge of scoring 500 pts in the NHL this season. UND's former players have just over 300, same with BC's and BU's and UND's, all with under 300 or just over 300. Only Wisconsin is close to matching UMners contributions to the NHL this season.

So its not even close. Deal with one and doners or two and doners like UMn has had to and then talk to me.

OK?

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                          Hate to agree with you, but I feared that was the case going into the game. Thought if we played like we did vs SCSU we might be able to pull it off, or if Wilcox pulled off a miracle, but hey, was honestly just satisfied to make it to the Final vs a team I didn't hate. lol.
                          The Gophers have a boat load of talent on this team, they are just really young. And I don't mean just average age young. I'm talking about the guys who have carried this team all year, a majority are really young. 6-7 freshmen started each night, and most were counted on to score. Even tonight, Kloos, Cammarata, and Fasching (all freshmen) scored.

With a team that young that relies on those young players to play big roles, it's hard to compete against a team as skilled as they are, but also much more experienced. Sad to see the Gophers lose, but very excited about the future of this team.

Comment

Video of Minnesota's postgame press conference:

http://youtu.be/9UotyJbF4bE

Comment

Classy
                              Sorry.........just couldn't resist. Certainly didn't want you to take it personally!
                              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 04-12-2014, 10:42 PM.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                I am an RPI Troll and I have no class - I sniff glue and play with my genitilia
                                Sorry, although we like to think that we have class in the ECAC, we have engineering schools like RPI, where the major social life activity consists of taking drugs and masturbating. We are hoping that RPI drops back to Division III or joins the AHA so we can fill the slot with a school that is not a sickening embarrassment. RPI = Really Poor Imitation .... or really repugnant imitation of College Hockey.

Good luck to Minnesota and I am sure with your young talent, you will be back next Year.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X