Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

With input from Bruno, and some good news to report, here's the start of the 2014-2015 Brown Hockey thread:

From Mark Divver

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver Mar 31
    Word is that big KUA winger and prospective NHL pick Tyler Bird will go straight to Brown this fall instead of playing year of juniors.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 Mar 31
    As we wrote in Red Line Report last month- that's the smart play! Get Bird & Willman together now @daredlinereport.

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver Mar 31
    Arrival of Bird and Williston F Max Willman, also likely NHL pick, should give Brown Men's Hockey a shot in the arm up front next season.

Re: Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

That's funny- ONE minute after you posted this thread, I added a comment to the old thread about starting a new one. What are the chances?

Comment

So that we can continue discussion over here, these are the last two posts on the old thread:

Originally Posted by Euler18
      The full schedule is not complete, but as of now it includes five non-conference games:

1. Denver and Boston College at the Dartmouth Holiday Tournament (The tournament has been designed so that both Brown and Dartmouth will play BC and DU on consecutive nights, but won't play each other.)

2. Home and home games against Providence College (Friday and Saturday)

3. U of Connecticut

kdiff77:
      Very nice! I hope we get a couple big-name opponents to fill the other two games. We seem to have a good relationship with UNH and BU, as we've played them several times in recent years. Maybe something could be arranged, since HE has a lot more non-conference games now that they only play 22 conference games. Which game against PC counts as the Mayor's Cup? Our home game, since they hosted last year?

Comment

It would be great to get at least one legit hockey east game every year at Meehan
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          It would be great to get at least one legit hockey east game every year at Meehan
          This. The BC game was awesome. Getting BU or UNH or Maine or even Northeastern to come in would be good for local recognition. It's no coincidence that people go to PC over Brown games. Their opponents are recognizable and attractive. The ECAC teams simply don't have that profile, despite the league's recent success on the national stage.

Comment

2014-2015 BROWN MEN'S ICE HOCKEY ECAC SCHEDULE

Friday, November 7 ST. LAWRENCE
            Saturday, November 8 CLARKSON
            Friday, November 14 at Harvard
            Saturday, November 15 at Dartmouth
            Friday, November 21 at Colgate
            Saturday, November 22 at Cornell
            Friday, December 5 UNION
            Saturday, December 6 RENSSELAER
            Friday, January 23 at Clarkson
            Saturday, January 24 at St. Lawrence
            Friday, January 30 QUINNIPIAC
            Saturday, January 31 PRINCETON
            Friday, February 6 DARTMOUTH
            Saturday, February 7 HARVARD
            Friday, February 13 at Rensselaer
            Saturday, February 14 at Union
            Friday, February 20 at Princeton
            Saturday, February 21 at Quinnipiac
            Friday, February 27 CORNELL
            Saturday, February 28 COLGATE

Dates of games with travel-partner Yale, game times
            and non-conference schedule to follow when available.
            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
              That's funny- ONE minute after you posted this thread, I added a comment to the old thread about starting a new one. What are the chances?
              Our love for brown hockey gives us a deep connection

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                Our love for brown hockey gives us a deep connection
                That must be it- we've developed ESP through our interactions here.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  This. The BC game was awesome. Getting BU or UNH or Maine or even Northeastern to come in would be good for local recognition.
                  Northeastern? Don't hold your breath. There's still too much bad blood between the Brown and the Northeastern coaching staffs over the Kevin Roy affair.

BU and UNH won't come to Meehan. Lowell, Merrimack or U Mass are more likely to come to Providence.

A few years ago Brown played Maine in Portland (Me). It was a great event for both Maine and Brown alumni in the area.

Comment

If BC is willing to come to Meehan, why would BU say no? I remember when Maine came a few years ago. A good Hockey East coming in would be fantastic
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I remember that Maine game at Meehan- had to be 10 years ago or more. I also recall UNH coming to Meehan around the same time (I think. Don't quote me on that one).

At this point, Lowell would be a HUGE get for Brown, given their newfound national prominence.

That's too bad about Northeastern. That's a good middle-of-the-road HE team that we used to play somewhat frequently.

Anyway, I'm banking on the new HE schedule (22 conference games as opposed to 27) allowing for more home-and-homes with teams looking to fill their schedules but not having to foot the bill to fly the team out to Minnesota or somewhere like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        If BC is willing to come to Meehan, why would BU say no?
                        Your reasoning seems totally illogical.

Jerry York approached Brendan Whittet about coming to Meehan. Maybe he was looking for an easy road win... As we all remember, only a late goal prevented a BC loss to Brown. As far as I know, neither BU nor UNH have made such overtures.

Brendan's record against BU is 1-0-1 and against UNH is 1-1-1.

Comment

Anyone know what Nate Widman is up to next season? Juniors again? Another college? Brown as the door was still left open to come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                            As we all remember, only a late goal prevented a BC loss to Brown.
                            And it was a stupid fluky deflection. Grrr. Still bitter.

Not that it mattered with the way the team played for the rest of the season.

Comment

A cool read, with some insightful quotes from our own Mark White.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/04/08/anal...ne-with-depth/

At one point, we were the only team to play BC and NOT lose in their past 18 games.

I, for one, will be rooting for Union so the ECAC can keep the national championship in the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X