Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2014-2015 - Onward and Upward

Via Divver's Twitter:

"Four PC & Brown recruits on NHL Central Scouting list: Friars' Walman (47), Bears' Willman (116), Bird (117) and Lafferty (184)."

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      A cool read, with some insightful quotes from our own Mark White.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/04/08/anal...ne-with-depth/
      Mark's observation about Union's depth proved true. 4 producing lines. Hopefully, Bruno with next year's entering class can get close to that kind of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
        Mark's observation about Union's depth proved true. 4 producing lines. Hopefully, Bruno with next year's entering class can get close to that kind of depth.
        Boy, you're optimistic! Or, as the adverb indicates, merely hopeful!

Comment

Union has proved that in order to win a national championship it's not necessary to have a state-of-the-art rink or a loud student section at home games. Just solid recruiting, excellent coaching, and, most of all, total commitment to the program by smart, effective athletic administrators.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
            Union has proved that in order to win a national championship it's not necessary to have a state-of-the-art rink or a loud student section at home games. Just solid recruiting, excellent coaching, and, most of all, total commitment to the program by smart, effective athletic administrators.
            Yeah, but a rowdy crowd and a modern rink makes it a little more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
              Boy, you're optimistic! Or, as the adverb indicates, merely hopeful!
              Hopefully was a consciously chosen word.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                Of note, Union's AD is Jim McLaughlin who several years ago was the Associate AD at Brown. I am not sure but I believe it was in Roach's tenure.

Comment

Of note, Union's AD is Jim McLaughlin who several years ago was the Associate AD at Brown. I am not sure but I believe it was in Roach's tenure.
                  Jim McLaughlin was an Assistant Athletic director at Brown under David Roach. Joan Taylor was the Associate Director.

Jim is a classy individual and extremely knowledgeable about the field of college athletics. He correctly understood the potential of Union hockey at the national level, and provided the support that created the conditions leading up to the Dutchmen's national title. I'm very happy for him right now.

Comment

I'd be good with one consistently producing line.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      Yeah, but a rowdy crowd and a modern rink makes it a little more fun.
                      I agree with both Brown09 and kdiff77.

But I'd be happy enough with just the factors listed by Brown09: Great recruiting, coaching and administrative commitment/support.

Comment

Roach is a good name for him
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Ryan Garbutt scored for Dallas tonight in the NHL playoffs. The Stars lost to Anaheim, but it's nice to see a Brown guy playing this late in the season. Dallas gave him a multiyear contract extension earlier his season based on his terrific play on their very effective fourth line.

Comment

Following up Kdiff's post, from yesterday's BDH:

http://www.browndailyherald.com/2014...-take-nhl-ice/

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                              Jim McLaughlin was an Assistant Athletic director at Brown under David Roach. Joan Taylor was the Associate Director.
                              Yes, Jim was an Associate Director. There is more than one of each.

http://www.unionathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=2

Comment

Following up Kdiff's post, from yesterday's BDH:

http://www.browndailyherald.com/2014...-take-nhl-ice/
                                Ripped from the headlines of ... the March/April Brown Alumni Magazine:

http://www.brownalumnimagazine.com/c.../view/3623/30/

Great to see all the coverage, regardless of who got there first.

Comment

Working...
                                X