2014 USA National Player Development Camp allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 USA National Player Development Camp allocations

Anyone have info on National Development Camp player allocations by district for various birth years?

Re: 2014 USA National Player Development Camp allocations

Originally posted by buddie2999 View Post
    Anyone have info on National Development Camp player allocations by district for various birth years?
    293 views and no replies. I guess that is the way USA Hockey likes it, no one disclose anything until need be.

Comment

Massachusetts hasn't had their "Festival" yet, so it will be a while before those from the Bay State are posted.

Comment

What I'd like to know and maybe this is what the original question was - what is the slot allocation per district per birth year - in other words - how many from each district per birth year get to go. Its my understanding that there is some sort of top secret formula used based on the number of players registered in the district combined in some way with the grades of the players from the prior year(s) or some thing like that, which somehow gives a number of players who can be chosen this year. If anyone has more solid information it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
          What I'd like to know and maybe this is what the original question was - what is the slot allocation per district per birth year - in other words - how many from each district per birth year get to go. Its my understanding that there is some sort of top secret formula used based on the number of players registered in the district combined in some way with the grades of the players from the prior year(s) or some thing like that, which somehow gives a number of players who can be chosen this year. If anyone has more solid information it would be appreciated.
          From what I understand of the process the info you have is pretty accurate. A few years ago I was told by people involved with Mass and USA Hockey that the grades received at the NDCs help determine the number of player allotments. I don't know the specifics, other than an aggregate higher score by positions can help boost future allotments, while and aggregate lower score can result in reduced numbers of players being sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            From what I understand of the process the info you have is pretty accurate. A few years ago I was told by people involved with Mass and USA Hockey that the grades received at the NDCs help determine the number of player allotments. I don't know the specifics, other than an aggregate higher score by positions can help boost future allotments, while and aggregate lower score can result in reduced numbers of players being sent.
            You actually got useful information from someone at Mass Hockey???? Were you buying the drinks that night???

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
              You actually got useful information from someone at Mass Hockey???? Were you buying the drinks that night???
              Some just have better (and more reliable) connections that others.

Comment

Here are the New England District National Camp player allocations

Forwards = 6
                Defense = 4
                Goalie = 1

Forwards = 5
                Defense = 3
                Goalie = 1

Forwards = 5
                Defense = 3
                Goalie = At Large

Forwards = 2
                Defense = 3
                Goalie = At Large

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  Pretty much spot on. At the U14 level the number of slots per district is based strictly on the player registration numbers as a percentage of the national total (with some at-large bids held by USA Hockey). At this level, some districts (most notably Minnesota) don't send kids so they take their allocation and spread it across the other districts in the same weighting as the allocations were originally done. At U15-U17 levels, they go through the same process, but the allocations are then altered by the performance of the kids from a specific district at that age level from the prior year. This was done to combat a previously common problem with highly politicized selections which weren't representative of the best kids. The theory is - If a district continues to pick lesser skilled kids based on politics, favoritism, etc. then those kids will perform less well than other districts at the NDC and the number of slots the district gets will shrink each year at that age level. So there is a penalty for not sending your best kids year in and year out. Hard to say if it really works as a disincentive to favoritism but in theory it should.

And yes - I got this a few years ago from someone with deep Mass Hockey ties....

Comment

The Mid AM district selections have been posted:

UNDER 18 CAMP

FORWARDS: KASIDY ANDERSON, OLIVIA STOKES, MADDIE MILLS

DEFENSE: RACHEL ROCKWELL, BAILEE BREKKE

1999 - 15 USA HOCKEY PLAYER DEVELOPMENT CAMP

FORWARDS: CASSANDRA SURAN, NATALIE WASIELEWSKI

DEFENSE: ISABEL HEMINGER

GOALTENDER: CAITLIN WALKER

2000 - 14 USA HOCKEY PLAYER DEVELOPMENT CAMP

GOALTENDER: GWYNETH PHILLIPS

FORWARDS: ELENI FALLIERAS, EMMA KEE

DEFENSE: MARY KATHERINE GIALAMES

To see the Mid Am District posting click here

Comment

Originally posted by Panda View Post
                      Here are the New England District National Camp player allocations

Forwards = 6
                      Defense = 4
                      Goalie = 1

Forwards = 5
                      Defense = 3
                      Goalie = 1

Forwards = 5
                      Defense = 3
                      Goalie = At Large

Forwards = 2
                      Defense = 3
                      Goalie = At Large
                      Is the information regarding Player allocations for entire country posted anywhere? Why is it such a secret?

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                        Is the information regarding Player allocations for entire country posted anywhere? Why is it such a secret?
                        Each district gets certain allocations based on usa hockey membership (also perhaps how well national camp participants were rated). So, Looking back at last years allocations should give you an idea of what they will be this year. Central district tryouts isn't until last week if this month this year. They usually hand out info. They pushed it back until after nationals to avoid injuries interfering with nationals.

Comment

New England District National Camp Selections

Forwards
                          Ryan Little
                          Meaghan Rickard
                          Natasia Burzynski

Defense
                          Serena Sommerfield
                          Abby Ellis

Forwards
                          Kirsten Nergaard
                          Linda Essery
                          Paige Lewis
                          Megan Hayes
                          Madeline Hartman

Defense
                          Skylar Fontaine
                          Paige Capistran
                          Samantha Benoit

Forwards
                          Sharon Frankel
                          Elizabeth Gross
                          Katherine Paliotta
                          Lindsey Dumond
                          Julia Surgenor

Defense
                          Aimely Michaud-Nolan
                          Giana Savastano

Goalie
                          Mary Elizabeth Ostrander

Forward
                          Jillian Parsons
                          Madison Tregenza
                          Sydney Herrington
                          Olivia Branch
                          Briland Laycock
                          Dominique Biron

Defense
                          Elizabeth Holubiak
                          Lauren Deblois
                          Phoebe Day
                          Johna Vandergraaf

Goalie
                          Maddox Angerhofer

Comment

How does Shattucks do it? 9 goals in 55 games gets to National Camp, is the New England District having a talent problem? Mass is not in the New England District, correct? Otherwise the Assabet girls would be there?

MN needs more spots for National Camp!!!
                            Last edited by Call It; 04-16-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                              How does Shattucks do it? 9 goals in 55 games gets to National Camp, is the New England District having a talent problem? Mass is not in the New England District, correct? Otherwise the Assabet girls would be there?

MN needs more spots for National Camp!!!
                              I'm probably missing something, but are you commenting about the girl from Vermont who is going to Shattuck's and is on the New England list? I probably should have done some homework before posting, but what does HockeyEast33 mean in comment #9 that Minnesota does not send any kids, so the Minnesota allocation is spread to the other districts? Why would they need more spots if they don't use the ones they have? I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X