PDA

View Full Version : UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Patman
03-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Alright, time, unfortunately, to start this up.

What a rollercoaster this has been. Sadly, this ride ended early but not without some real highs and thrilling moments through to the end. First pre-season #1, second HEA tournament title, third NCAA appearance this century/decade.

I think a lot of us expect drop offs and departures. Nonetheless, nothing is the same. I like it, but I'm scared :p

On with the show!

QUAlum2004
03-31-2014, 10:40 PM
Folin signs with the Minnesota Wild.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-31-2014, 10:59 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/3/31/5569118/christian-folin-signs-with-minnesota-wild-nhl-contract-umass-lowell-ncaa-free-agent

J.D.
03-31-2014, 11:17 PM
****, didn't waste any time eh?

UMLDOUG
03-31-2014, 11:17 PM
According to the Minnesota Wild website they thought pretty highly of Folin. Good for him!!!

CleggyofUML
03-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Folin signs with the Minnesota Wild.

As it was expected, though bummer he isn't eligible for the playoffs.

Now let's hope that not many others leave the nest early.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
04-01-2014, 12:40 AM
As it was expected, though bummer he isn't eligible for the playoffs.

Now let's hope that not many others leave the nest early.

Hellebuyck is a potential flight risk, but I think Wilson was injured/not up to par enough that he'll stay another year. Kamrass was awesome, so impressed by him in both ends this year, but he's a smaller D so good chance he'll return.

Patronick
04-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Great news for Christian.

vizoroo
04-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Alright, time, unfortunately, to start this up.

What a rollercoaster this has been. Sadly, this ride ended early but not without some real highs and thrilling moments through to the end. First pre-season #1, second HEA tournament title, third NCAA appearance this century/decade.

I think a lot of us expect drop offs and departures. Nonetheless, nothing is the same. I like it, but I'm scared :p

On with the show!

Congrats to UML for a stellar season and a great game against BC.
I really thought you would win the battle of the goalies but :( not this time.
Next year....

leswp1
04-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Missed this thread and was wondering why no one posted about Christian yet. Congrats to him.

UMLFan
04-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Hellebuyck is a potential flight risk, but I think Wilson was injured/not up to par enough that he'll stay another year. Kamrass was awesome, so impressed by him in both ends this year, but he's a smaller D so good chance he'll return.I wonder if his younger brother coming to campus might help keep him at Lowell as well?

UMLFan
04-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Just a quick look at next year's roster, as of today. This has some suppositions on the incoming freshmen. I still am nervous about d-depth.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):
Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
Juniors: Greg Amlong
Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

Forwards (17):
Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):
Seniors: Brian Robbins
Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 5
Juniors: 9
Sophomores: 6
Freshmen: 8

Patman
04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
who is dalton carter :confused:

bottomdweller
04-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Just a quick look at next year's roster, as of today. This has some suppositions on the incoming freshmen. I still am nervous about d-depth.

14/15 Roster
Defense (8):
Senior: Zach Kamrass, Jake Suter
Juniors: Greg Amlong
Sophomores: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
Freshmen: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller

Forwards (17):
Seniors: Terrence Wallin, Scott Wilson
Juniors: Adam Chapie, Mike Colantone, Michael Fallon, Robert Francis (RS), Ryan McGrath, A.J. White
Sophomores: Evan Campbell, Joe Gambardella, Chris Maniccia
Freshmen: Ryan Collins, John Edwardh, Dylan Hollman, Jake Kamrass, Mike Louria, CJ Smith

Goalies (3):
Seniors: Brian Robbins
Juniors: Connor Hellebuyck, Kevin Boyle (RS)

This leaves us at 28 on the roster, with the class breakdown for 2014/2015 being:
Seniors: 5
Juniors: 9
Sophomores: 6
Freshmen: 8

Monty, how thin is D currently looking for 2015-2016? Because that list has me nervous as all hell.

UMLFan
04-01-2014, 10:34 AM
who is dalton carter :confused:
He joined the team in January.

Monty, how thin is D currently looking for 2015-2016? Because that list has me nervous as all hell.
This was discussed more in the recruiting thread, but for 15/16 Lowell currently has:

Defense (7):
Senior: Greg Amlong
Juniors: Dalton Carter, Michael Kapla, Dylan Zink
Sophomores: Chris Forney, Tyler Mueller
Freshman: Tommy Panico

Nothing against Carter, but I think he was brought in as a stop-gap when the team's depth was in serious question. I haven't seen him play, but from what I've heard, I don't expect him to be playing much (if at all), which means we have only 7 d-men really next year, and 6 the following.

UMLHockey224
04-01-2014, 05:14 PM
So any news on dougie?

snipeshow10
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Nothing on Carr as of yet, but Pendenza is rumored to be heading to Milwaukee of the AHL. They are in the Nashville Predators farm system.

J.D.
04-01-2014, 06:07 PM
so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.

leswp1
04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
so in checking out bazin's press conference from the other day (first time i've heard him speak), noticed a french canadian accent. looks like he's from a french part of manitoba (didn't know that existed)? very interesting.
Oui.

boblav1
04-02-2014, 09:21 AM
According to this New Haven Register article, Lowell will play two against Quinnipiac again next season.
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140401/new-challenge-for-yale-quinnipiac-is-sustaining-success

Quinnipiacís non-league schedule will include at least nine games against Hockey East competition. There are home-and-away series with UMass Lowell, Merrimack and Massachusetts, a two-game set with Northeastern and one with UConn in Hamden.