This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University: Big Time, Old Time Hockey 2014-15

And if you didn't see it last night, take a look at Sean McGovern's flip pass over the net to Christian Horn for the goal. It's a thing of beauty!

Video clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJqPujS1r0
    SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
      And if you didn't see it last night, take a look at Sean McGovern's flip pass over the net to Christian Horn for the goal. It's a thing of beauty!

Video clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJqPujS1r0
      That was a beautiful goal! I was just off to the left in the corner, Section P and I had a perfect view of it. Beautiful pass and a nice finish. It seems as though Horn has really started to step up his game. He could be that finisher that we had been lacking earlier in the season. Hope this continues from him as it will be needed down the stretch.
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
        That was a beautiful goal! I was just off to the left in the corner, Section P and I had a perfect view of it. Beautiful pass and a nice finish. It seems as though Horn has really started to step up his game. He could be that finisher that we had been lacking earlier in the season. Hope this continues from him as it will be needed down the stretch.
        He has an absolutely deadly shot. You give him time in the circles and he'll score a lot. Some Yale fans like to call his shots fluky. He took a shot at Northeastern that was in and out so fast only about 3 people saw it. He is one guy that can put up some goals.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
          He has an absolutely deadly shot. You give him time in the circles and he'll score a lot. Some Yale fans like to call his shots fluky. He took a shot at Northeastern that was in and out so fast only about 3 people saw it. He is one guy that can put up some goals.
          Shhhhhh, quiet, people will catch on!
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

It's off topic, but I was wondering anyone here watched either of the St. Andrews - Northwood games, Saturday at Cheel and this morning at Appleton. and have a report on 2016 RPI recruit Austin Cho, a defenseman for SAC?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats on the sweep up there this weekend.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice work by the Saints over the weekend. I hope they can carry their play over to the game against a Clarkson team that is also playing well.

If I may digress a bit, there is a great article here on the women's side about pulling the goalie: http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/22/extr...-at-games-end/ I love that Chris Wells is a coach who doesn't hesitate to do it early and often, and wish more coaches at all levels would do the same. I'm still disappointed in P.J. Flanagan for waiting too long, IMO, to pull his goalie when down by 2 in an NCCA semifinal game vs Harvard and played at Union several years ago. Sure enough, we got an EAG but lost 2-1. Monday Morning QB here thought the goalie pull (if the puck was in offensive zone) should have been with about 2:45 or 3:00 left and not with about 1:30 left. Heck, Wellsy would have done it with 4 or more minutes left. I think he pulled his goalie at BU a few years ago with about 9:00 left.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

I see SLU has a commitment from a goalie from Michigan of the NAHL, native of Green Bay, WI for 2016 - Ryan Wischow. He has a healthy GAA of 2.34 and SP of .931 in 1077 minutes this season. With MacDonald being a Junior they needed to get someone and this kid has good numbers. It's nice to think, with the class he will enter SLU with, he has a good shot at some playoff successes.
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                    Nice work by the Saints over the weekend. I hope they can carry their play over to the game against a Clarkson team that is also playing well.

If I may digress a bit, there is a great article here on the women's side about pulling the goalie: http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/22/extr...-at-games-end/ I love that Chris Wells is a coach who doesn't hesitate to do it early and often, and wish more coaches at all levels would do the same. I'm still disappointed in P.J. Flanagan for waiting too long, IMO, to pull his goalie when down by 2 in an NCCA semifinal game vs Harvard and played at Union several years ago. Sure enough, we got an EAG but lost 2-1. Monday Morning QB here thought the goalie pull (if the puck was in offensive zone) should have been with about 2:45 or 3:00 left and not with about 1:30 left. Heck, Wellsy would have done it with 4 or more minutes left. I think he pulled his goalie at BU a few years ago with about 9:00 left.
                    Pulling the goalie is a tricky one, because you have to gauge your team's ability to score with the extra man, the number of goals you need, and the ability to keep possession in your opponent's zone. Thankfully, there's a situation in hockey to use as a test called the power play. With the goalie pull at 51:00, was the team down 3 or 4 goals?

Comment

The ECAC just announced that RPI's Jake Wood will be suspended for two games due to his hit from behind against Union from Saturday. He will miss RPI's game against Dartmouth this Saturday and the following week's Friday game against the Saints.

Wood is a 3rd line winger who has 3 goals and 1 assist on the season.
                      SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                        The ECAC just announced that RPI's Jake Wood will be suspended for two games due to his hit from behind against Union from Saturday. He will miss RPI's game against Dartmouth this Saturday and the following week's Friday game against the Saints.

Wood is a 3rd line winger who has 3 goals and 1 assist on the season.
                        Could miss a 3rd as well if Appert decides he isn't worth a road trip spot for the 1 game he could play at Cheel, as well.

Marnell named ECAC Rookie of the Week. Clarkson's Lewis took home both Player of the Week and Goalie of the Week honors.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...arlie-lindgren

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Pulling the goalie is a tricky one, because you have to gauge your team's ability to score with the extra man, the number of goals you need, and the ability to keep possession in your opponent's zone. Thankfully, there's a situation in hockey to use as a test called the power play. With the goalie pull at 51:00, was the team down 3 or 4 goals?
                            IIRC, they were down by 3.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Brian, were you in charge of the pucks last night or something? It was like watching a ping-pong game going on, with the puck bouncing and hopping and jumping all over the place. Sure, it got up around the low-30's yesterday, but I didn't expect the ice to be that soft (apparently).
                              I'm always in charge of them when we win, never in charge of them when we lose, and freeze only one-half of them when we tie.

Still can't believe that pass by McGovern. That was sick!

I hope that Smolcynski is OK. Agree with Got6 that the guy on Harvard who contacted Drew's head should have to sit until Drew can return. A rule should be in place in hockey IMO along those lines - a rule like that would take a lot of contact to the head BS/actions out of the game.

On to CCT. That game should be a barn burner.
                              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                                I see SLU has a commitment from a goalie from Michigan of the NAHL, native of Green Bay, WI for 2016 - Ryan Wischow. He has a healthy GAA of 2.34 and SP of .931 in 1077 minutes this season. With MacDonald being a Junior they needed to get someone and this kid has good numbers. It's nice to think, with the class he will enter SLU with, he has a good shot at some playoff successes.
                                Here's the write-up from the NAHL website:

Michigan goalie Wischow makes NCAA DI commitment

January 27, 2015

The Michigan Warriors, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are pleased to announce that goaltender Ryan Wischow has committed to play NCAA Division I hockey for St. Lawrence University. St. Lawrence competes in the ECAC Conference.

Wischow, 18, is in his first NAHL season and has been very good in goal for the Warriors. The native of Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin, joined the Warriors in late September and become the full-time starting netminder in late December.

Wischow (6’0/195) has put up some great numbers this season despite having a record of 7-8-3. His 93.1% save percentage ranks him tied for 4th among all NAHL goalies and his 2.34 goals against average puts him in the Top 15. Wischow also has three shutouts this season, which ranks him in the NAHL Top 10.

Wischow made his NAHL debut in late September, which turned out to be 4-1 win. He has allowed only more than four goals in a game just twice this season. He has been busy in goal, facing over 32 shots per game.

In the four years leading up to playing in the NAHL, Wischow played for Ashwaubenon High School in Wisconsin and during his senior year last season he also played in the Upper Midwest High School Elite League for Team Wisconsin.

“I thought it was a great opportunity to play in the Elite League last season and that included some games at the NAHL Showcase. However, heading into this season I wasn’t selects in the NAHL or USHL Drafts, so I felt I had something to prove. The NAHL has turned out to be a great place to develop. Moe (Mantha) is a great coach with some incredible experience at developing hockey players. He is fair and honest and gave me the opportunity to be successful,” said Wischow.

“I'm excited for Ryan that he has committed to St. Lawerence University. He came in at the beginning of the season with one thing in mind and that was to work on his game on the ice as well as off the ice. I am glad to see that he is being rewarded for his efforts,” said Mantha.

Wischow said that although he didn’t start at first, he knew that his opportunity to shine would come. “Trevor Gorsuch was here in Michigan at first and he is a very good, veteran goaltender. I think I learned a lot from him and had some very healthy competition. After he left I knew that was my chance and opportunity to shine. Since that point, I have tried to earn the opportunity to earn each start and play well, and my teammates have helped.”

Wischow said that the commitment to St. Lawrence was as much about academics as it was hockey. “I talked to a few schools late in the summer, but I had been talking to St. Lawrence for a couple of months. They have a big focus on academics, which is something that is a high priority for me. It was a great fit. They have a very established coaching staff and play in a great league,” said Wischow.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X