This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    He did play in Norway, had a great year and was one of their captains. Will be going back for another. When done, has position within family firm and will not be in hockey. Very good student and will also have other private sector jobs. His older brother, ex BC captain and current ast coach in Bakersfield would be a great canidate...
    Yea, I just threw his name out there...
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

He did play in Norway, had a great year and was one of their captains. Will be going back for another. When done, has position within family firm and will not be in hockey. Very good student and will also have other private sector jobs. His older brother, ex BC captain and current ast coach in Bakersfield would be a great canidate...
      This makes me happy. Kyle was always such a nice guy, glad to see things are going well for him.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
        Ben Barr has applied at LSSU. Does anyone have any insight on his hockey coaching.
        I was a classmate of Ben's at RPI. Worked on a lot of projects together. He is a great kid with an even better hockey mind. Average player, although great on the RPI teams of the early 2000's because he had to be, Ben did always like to be around the puck, but always also did the little things that were needed, Perhaps the highlight of this was when he scored two SHG on the same power play helping #11 RPI sweep #6 Union in 2003. Even better coach, started coaching youth hockey in the Troy area, was a head coach at a local high school here, volunteer asst. with RPI, then leading up to his jobs with Union and PC under Leaman. He would be an excellent hire for any program.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          This makes me happy. Kyle was always such a nice guy, glad to see things are going well for him.
          total class, represents PC well

Comment

I hear Derek Army is also doing a great job with the PC banner

total class, represents PC well

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              I hear Derek Army is also doing a great job with the PC banner
              agreed, the entire Army family from grandfather down represent the school well.

Comment

I am looking forward to next season. Hope to be there more often.

Comment

Anyone have any insight or opinions on these incoming freshmen?

Comment

Drew Brown has been diagnosed with bone cancer. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...d_battling.php
                    Last edited by PcFriars13; 05-15-2014, 11:01 AM.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                      Anyone have any insight or opinions on these incoming freshmen?
                      Walman should be drafted in the coming months...that is about it I know

Pinho was a scoring machine in the second half of the ushl season...
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Drew Brown has been diagnosed with bone cancer. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The same wishes for full, speedy recovery from average college hockey fan here.

Comment

Here is the Projo Story http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...for-cancer.ece

Sending Drew best wishes in his treatment ...

Comment

With Ben not getting the LSSU job, does anyone here think he'll throw his name in the ring at Princeton? Played in the ECAC against Princeton, learned the trade in the ECAC....he's very familiar with the league....It's not like Princeton or Ben have anything to lose at this point.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Best wishes to Drew Brown for a speedy recovery…In better news for the Friars, Jake Walman invited to Toronto for NHL Draft Combine

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-draft-combine
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

toronto or philly?

Comment

Working...
                                X