X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Good teams make others play bad

On to BC
    So what is your excuse for the Brown and UNH losses?

Anyways, PC took advantage of Lowell playing terrible this weekend to take four points...now need to go into BC and beat a team which they should be able to handle. Let's see if they can play well up at Conte as they haven't lost a game in Boston this season which is the total opposite of last year.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

nice weekend. not sure if i was more impressed with PC sweeping or unimpressed with UML, giving up 7 at tsongas prob the former . see you friday

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        How much of that was PC winning and Lowell playing bad? The game on Friday was a terrible performance for a division 1 goaltender in Kevin Boyle while PC tonight was flat in the first period...I wonder who flipped over a table in that locker room at that putrid performance in the first.

Really tough game to watch as Benedetto and Millea were calling the game very tight but that is the way the game was called. PC did a good job adjusting.
        Weekend kind of ruined your agenda didn't it ? Guess you should be more concerned with how your Wildcats payed...
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Weekend kind of ruined your agenda didn't it ? Guess you should be more concerned with how your Wildcats payed...
          Exactly. Leaman teams have always had a blip in January and get hot down the stretch.
          MacFarlane and Adams being back helped. Both have very important roles and play them well. McFarland adds toughness and depth, Adams gives shutdown guy and let's Walkman play. Walmans best weekend yet.
          No more hiccups

Comment

Perceptive observation by hokey dad, Mcparland and Whalman had some awesome shifts, several times
            Whalman played like Booby Orr. Would love to have been a fly on the locker room wall after the first period.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Exactly. Leaman teams have always had a blip in January and get hot down the stretch.
              MacFarlane and Adams being back helped. Both have very important roles and play them well. McFarland adds toughness and depth, Adams gives shutdown guy and let's Walkman play. Walmans best weekend yet.
              No more hiccups
              ^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Great weekend!!! PC looked like the varsity team, playing against the JV team. Bigger, Stronger and playing with more composure. Lowell was going through the motions in both games 3rd periods, the fight was removed.

If Zlax is a PC fan, he is the most negative fan around. Just enjoy that you have a competitive team to rout for, not a bad thing eh.

BC game now the biggest remaining on the schedule for the pairwise. Win this game and we can afford a few hiccups down the stretch and make the Tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                Perceptive observation by hokey dad, Mcparland and Whalman had some awesome shifts, several times
                Whalman played like Booby Orr. Would love to have been a fly on the locker room wall after the first period.

Interesting thought but I doubt anything to dramatic was said. One thing I have grown to admire about Leaman is that he doesn't seem to panic. I am sure the message was "stick to the plan". You could see that they were coming on and could see the momentum late first, hard in 2nd. Lowell might be a little quicker, a tad more skilled but an immature team with soft goaltending.
                PC stayed focus and played their game, not a good matchup for Lowell.
                BC game is big, Gillies is the key

Comment

(UML a)...team with soft goaltending.
                  Ha, the understatement of the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    How much of that was PC winning and Lowell playing bad? The game on Friday was a terrible performance for a division 1 goaltender in Kevin Boyle while PC tonight was flat in the first period...I wonder who flipped over a table in that locker room at that putrid performance in the first.

Really tough game to watch as Benedetto and Millea were calling the game very tight but that is the way the game was called. PC did a good job adjusting.
                    Seriously? They put up 7 on Friday 4 on Saturday, win 2 games and earn 4 points and you are still not happy? That's pathetic. Go away.
                    Providence College
                    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                      Seriously? They put up 7 on Friday 4 on Saturday, win 2 games and earn 4 points and you are still not happy? That's pathetic. Go away.
                      Sigh..UNH fans would love to have your problems...
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post

I Agree. Imagine being that miserable with your life that you need to come on and rip apart a college hockey team. Get a life.

On to The Eagles Friday night!!!

Comment

Great energy from crowd at end of the game. Hopefully it will build and sell out.

Comment

Interesting thought but I doubt anything to dramatic was said. One thing I have grown to admire about Leaman is that he doesn't seem to panic. I am sure the message was "stick to the plan". You could see that they were coming on and could see the momentum late first, hard in 2nd. Lowell might be a little quicker, a tad more skilled but an immature team with soft goaltending.
                            PC stayed focus and played their game, not a good matchup for Lowell.
                            BC game is big, Gillies is the key
                            I was thinking the same thing. Worked on the assumption Lowell was going to throw everything including the kitchen sink at you from the get go. Goal would be to withstand the onslaught and being in position to take advantage when Lowell slowed down and had not taken you out of the game. The 2nd was like the old scripted WWF matches with Hulk Hogan. Where just like he use to do to when you had thrown your best, wag you finger at the opponent and say no no no. Then you got the clothesline and atomic leg drop (the 4 2nd period goals). The final part is then to tighten the D with that layered protection even NESN was able to figure out
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Last night was Gillies' 50th PC victory. Only Mario Proulx and Billy Milner have more. They were from a different era, much higher goals scoring games, wider open. Both believe it or not had save percents under .890
                              Terreri's was only .911

Offensively Mauerman inched closer to the 100 point mark. His goal was point 98. A reflection of the tighter D (and lousy offenses since 2003) he will be the first Friar to hit 100 since Jon Rheault 7 years ago and the 2nd since '03 when we had JD, Deven and Fregoe

Saracino has the best chance to be next. He needs 33 points in his remaining year plus
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

The Friars should have put up double digits this weekend I suppose.

I am beginning to see this season like the horse race, where the jockey hangs in the middle of the pack and gets ready for the sprint to the finish. When a program has been down and out for as many years as PC, the players have to learn to play together, trust the system and then learn what it takes to win and win at a sustained level. That is the process I believe are witnessing. I still remain impressed with this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X