PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53

dillon
02-21-2015, 08:38 PM
PC got screwed. There was not goalie interference on the disallowed goal. The disallowed goal last night was a bad call also. Leaman is right to be ****ed.

Netman
02-21-2015, 08:39 PM
PC must lead the league in waved off goals.

The Freds
02-21-2015, 08:40 PM
They still play to the same level as the competition

While I didn't see tonight's game, playing to the level of the competition has long plagued PC teams. The other issue they have had over the years is playing on a big sheet. So was it either of these or something else? I guess it doesn't really matter though when you are trying to play as one of the top teams in the league and the country. At this point in the season, these are games you have to win. This loss could come back to haunt them.

I suppose Gillies didn't score again.

Jon
02-21-2015, 08:40 PM

It seems like it.
And it's not like we can give these guys the benefit of the doubt any more.

73PCFriar
02-21-2015, 08:45 PM
The weekend split trend continues for this season....UGH

To me if Janko was tripped by UMASS player resulting in his brushing the UMASS goalie why is that goalie interference...oh well..onto 2 games with Maine at home next weekend...let's hope there is not a reversal of last year's finish up in Orno..

BTW, the power play has returned to it's ineptness for the year...

The Zlax45
02-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Three way tie for third place and two points back of BC for second...also only 1 point up on Norhteastern and Vermont

73PCFriar
02-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Three way tie for third place and two points back of BC for second...also only 1 point up on Norhteastern and Vermont

Going to be a dog fight for those spots 2-3-4 in the final weekend.

BC plays 2 at ND
Northeastern plays BU home and home (actually plays them 3 times because they play the Beanpot final on Monday)
Vermont plays 2 at UML
Friars with two at home against Maine

Aerman
02-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Well when it really counted Ty Conklin couldn't stop a beach ball.

True. He only made it to overtime of the national title game. Obviously couldn't play.

Hokydad
02-22-2015, 12:02 AM
True. He only made it to overtime of the national title game. Obviously couldn't play.

And he had a very good team in front of him and lost

theprofromdover
02-22-2015, 06:25 AM

Nope. BC has more.

satyking
02-22-2015, 07:02 AM
To get the bye they need to step up and earn it........the rest of HE will not lie down for them, they either win out or play an extra series.......soon we will see what they are made of

The Freds
02-22-2015, 08:26 AM

In my old age I confused Ty Conklin with Mike Ayers. I'm still happy with Jon Gillies. That being said, Ty still lost the big game. We will see what the future holds for our guy.

cavbim
02-22-2015, 08:48 AM
PC got screwed. There was not goalie interference on the disallowed goal. The disallowed goal last night was a bad call also. Leaman is right to be ****ed.

They have made a point of emphasis this year to essentially protect the goalie by calling more goalie interference. Further unlike contact to the head they can sit back and review it which means they actually follow through. I said it yesterday in Leaman's first 3 years we got a ton of goals by digging till the whistle blew with the hope we forced the puck over the line. Let's face it how many goals did Derick score from more than 5 feet out and over those 3 years he was one of our top goal scorers. We just haven't been able to successfully adjust, we simply don't have that sniper. I think this year we have tried to blast more shots from the point, I think shots on shin are back up, and in turn hope for rebounds and tips. I think Acciari is adept at converting but no one else has done it consistently

2nd we are still paying the price for the Army years. Leaman had to build depth quickly the summer he took over and in his first recruiting class. We have had little room to bring in game changers since. We have had 8 seniors graduate, but 4 have been defensemen. Rooney and Murphy were depth players and both Army and Schaller were the 5 foot in and closer scorers.
So in turn we added a couple of depth players, MacPhee and Cromwell and Hennessey (one of those brought in due to the unexpected loss of Drew Brown) and 2 potential upgrades, unfortunately Rufo blew out his knee and still isn't back and Pinho is still learning what it takes to score as he adjusts.

We have lost 7 games we allowed 2 or less goals and had 2 2-2 ties. Recruiting was done this past year when they made calling goalie interference a priority so adjusting is difficult since we counted on offense, maybe we were hoping a little less, that centered on driving the puck over the line from scrubs in front of the net.

Further we aren't magically going to offense next year, the 4 or 5 guys we bring in next year were all committed before the rule updates were implemented and while I think they will over their career will be upgrades on the players they are replacing, they still are the prototypical gritty grinder Leaman has recruited at both Union and PC.

The Zlax45
02-22-2015, 11:50 AM
2nd we are still paying the price for the Army years. Leaman had to build depth quickly the summer he took over and in his first recruiting class. We have had little room to bring in game changers since. We have had 8 seniors graduate, but 4 have been defensemen. Rooney and Murphy were depth players and both Army and Schaller were the 5 foot in and closer scorers.
So in turn we added a couple of depth players, MacPhee and Cromwell and Hennessey (one of those brought in due to the unexpected loss of Drew Brown) and 2 potential upgrades, unfortunately Rufo blew out his knee and still isn't back and Pinho is still learning what it takes to score as he adjusts.

This is Leaman's team now...let's stop using the excuse of Army's depth issues. Demo changed his commitment to PC from Union late to follow Leaman and Mauermann was a recruited walk-on. There is one guy left from Army's group and it is Mark Adams and he is far from an issue. Luke came in midseason so no issue with his game.

The problem is the players expected to score goals have not this season with the bullseye on the first round pick Jankowski who has 4 goals on the year. He only has one goal in Hockey East play. Flames can't be happy with his development at all.

cavbim
02-22-2015, 12:03 PM
This is Leaman's team now...let's stop using the excuse of Army's depth issues. Demo changed his commitment to PC from Union late to follow Leaman and Mauermann was a recruited walk-on. There is one guy left from Army's group and it is Mark Adams and he is far from an issue. Luke came in midseason so no issue with his game.

The problem is the players expected to score goals have not this season with the bullseye on the first round pick Jankowski who has 4 goals on the year. He only has one goal in Hockey East play. Flames can't be happy with his development at all.

No Luke and Acciairi are Army recruits

Union looked at Demo but it was Brown and the goalie who left when Gillies came who committed to Union first

Yes it may largely be Leaman's team but I pointed going back to his first year his hands are tied because of the issues with the team Army built, where you end up first with no depth, then you have consecutive small senior classes. Essentially with this senior class 3 in a row. Demo, Mauerman were fillers especially since the NCaa screwed us with Acciari having to red shirt Murphy losing an extra year in transferring and Luke having to sit out half his freshman year. Brown was the fourth late recruit and expected to be the best.

As The Fred's has repeatedly told you building is a process over years...get excited things are what they appear if the junior class can't be upgraded when they graduate next year. But with recruiting 2 or 3 years out Leaman had to work hard to get what he brought in. A big first step

cavbim
02-22-2015, 12:06 PM

I do agree Janko's production is part of the issue. I also pointed yesterday that I thought part of Jnko's issue he needs his linemates to make him better not the opposite

squidjigger
02-24-2015, 06:51 AM
Does anyone else think we NEED to sweep or at least take three this weekend to still be in the NCAA picture? Even then, I would really prefer not to be in the 14-15-16 pwr heading into HE playoffs.

PC91
02-24-2015, 07:26 AM
Does anyone else think we NEED to sweep or at least take three this weekend to still be in the NCAA picture? Even then, I would really prefer not to be in the 14-15-16 pwr heading into HE playoffs.

The Friars absolutely need to sweep this weekend. The really put themselves in a hole by not finishing off UMASS last weekend. Some fans can try to put a positive spin on it if they want but PC booted the ball (or puck) last weekend making this Maine series huge. A poor showing this weekend means PC is on the road in the HE playoffs and if they don't advance to the Garden then I don't see them in the NCAA's.

The Zlax45
02-24-2015, 08:39 AM
The Friars absolutely need to sweep this weekend. The really put themselves in a hole by not finishing off UMASS last weekend. Some fans can try to put a positive spin on it if they want but PC booted the ball (or puck) last weekend making this Maine series huge. A poor showing this weekend means PC is on the road in the HE playoffs and if they don't advance to the Garden then I don't see them in the NCAA's.

Been saying it all year that this team is underachieving. This team has swept one HE team this year in Lowell and won only one other series vs UConn...Rest of the year they are 1-1-0 against everyone.

satyking
02-24-2015, 09:00 PM
They made the bed now they have to live with it...a sweep is needed, 3 points are not enough....letting UMass win killed them