This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Rumor has it the Friars are going to try using deflated pucks this weekend.

Comment

Some of us met Gil at the ff here in Providence years ago. RIP

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h..._Somes_passing
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
        Some of us met Gil at the ff here in Providence years ago. RIP

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h..._Somes_passing
        Spoke with Gil many times over the years at Frozen Fours. Always enjoyed his company. Sad to hear.

Comment

Does PC get involved with the Winter Classic at Gillette?
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Does PC get involved with the Winter Classic at Gillette?
            I was just discussing this with someone that works for the security company that does Gillette and BC. This year the last regular season game was the 28th, so lets assume next years will be the 27th. One would think the pats would get an away game for that weekend at the least, so that leaves 2 weeks before New years day to prep the rink and potentially a full weekend to schedule college/high school games. If the last 2 weeks of the season are away games there would be plenty of time to schedule college hockey, assuming mother nature cooperates. I'd be nervous if the pats don't get a first round by and would have to potentially play sunday the 3rd. But on the other hand the last regular season game could be on the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
              I was just discussing this with someone that works for the security company that does Gillette and BC. This year the last regular season game was the 28th, so lets assume next years will be the 27th. One would think the pats would get an away game for that weekend at the least, so that leaves 2 weeks before New years day to prep the rink and potentially a full weekend to schedule college/high school games. If the last 2 weeks of the season are away games there would be plenty of time to schedule college hockey, assuming mother nature cooperates. I'd be nervous if the pats don't get a first round by and would have to potentially play sunday the 3rd. But on the other hand the last regular season game could be on the 3rd.
              Last regular season next year is Jan 3rd. Chances are that the Pats are on the road the last 2 weekends of the season.

Comment

In case you are not paying attention, the game is on NESN tonight.

Comment

Tuning in from Virginia! Happy to see that the power play exists.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Thank you.

I have a feeling that PC is going to beat UML at least once. They are certainly better than they showed the past two weeks.
                    It's starting off well...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Playing team hockey, hope they can keep it up for a few months

Comment

PC up 6-2. Clearly Gillies needs to be benched.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Rumors of Providence's demise appear to be exaggerated.
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            PC up 6-2. Clearly Gillies needs to be benched.
                            He has not scored tonight!
                            Providence College
                            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                              He has not scored tonight!
                              Yes but Demo and MAcPhee got their first points of the year and McPharland made a nice return
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

What was the psi of the pucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X