X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
    A while back I posted an enquiry as to what the relationship was between the players and the coach. It is rumored to not be good. Does anyone know what the truth is? Players leaving and acting out....bad players or lack of regard for the coach and the program? Honest question as I do not know the answer.
    I don't know the answer but with players getting suspended and quitting (yearly), it can't be good. PC had a kid get sick in the first semester two seasons that knocked him out of school and he decided not to return to PC. He is now at Vermont. Merrimack has a d-man who transferred out of PC.
    Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-15-2015, 07:47 PM. Reason: Corrected my years
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      I don't know the answer but with players getting suspended and quitting (yearly), it can't be good. PC had a kid get sick in the first semester last season that knocked him out of school and he decided not to return to PC. He is now at Vermont. Merrimack has a d-man who transferred out of PC.
      Goss and deJersey quit from the 2011 newbies and McParland from that year is either gone or long term suspended. The kid at Vermont who got sick was from that year as well.

Comment

I don't know the answer but with players getting suspended and quitting (yearly), it can't be good. PC had a kid get sick in the first semester last season that knocked him out of school and he decided not to return to PC. He is now at Vermont. Merrimack has a d-man who transferred out of PC.
        Kid that got sick and transferred to Vermont was from 2012-2013, not last season.
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          With the talent they have its hard to believe they are not playing well, they seem to play to the standards of the opposition when they should be the one setting the bar
          I agree with this 100% PC has had that issue with both the hockey and basketball programs. This year the Friars have definitely played down to the lesser teams this season.

I also want to echo the Freds sentiments in that I remember the "glory days" of Pooley and Army and I'm glad the program is headed in the opposite direction. I know it will take time. Backward steps are frustrating but I'll take recent slip ups over those days anytime. The arena looks great and the best years are ahead in the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
            Goss and deJersey quit from the 2011 newbies and McParland from that year is either gone or long term suspended. The kid at Vermont who got sick was from that year as well.
            Montesano quit playing hockey in addition to those two.

Comment

Another kid that quit is Damian Cross.

Comment

Julien LaPlante was also a recruit that didn't make it to campus.

Didn't the third string goalie last year quit halfway through the year?

Geez, this list is long for a fourth year coach with many of his own guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Did Nate ****** in your Cheerios? Seriously! This team is up and down, but competitive. Many players leave schools it happens.
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Laplante was here a full year. Left because he knew he wouldn't play. It happens
                    PC is in good hands. The players respect the coach and I can see a good run down the stretch. They had won 8 or 9 in a row. Lose 2-1 on road to unh and the world is ending.
                    Program is going in right direction and Leaman is the right guy for the job. No question

Comment

Julien LaPlante definitely made it to campus. I was friends with him. He left after Gillies got recruited.

ETA I think last year's third string goalie got injured as the season began and then left.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Laplante was here a full year. Left because he knew he wouldn't play. It happens
                        PC is in good hands. The players respect the coach and I can see a good run down the stretch. They had won 8 or 9 in a row. Lose 2-1 on road to unh and the world is ending.
                        Program is going in right direction and Leaman is the right guy for the job. No question
                        I guess all is well as PC's loss to UNH now puts them on the outside looking in for the NCAA tourney. Anything less than 2-1 over the next three games will likely end the possibility of making the NCAA's this year since the rest of the schedule is against the weak squads in Hockey East.

But all is right in Friartown!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          I guess all is well as PC's loss to UNH now puts them on the outside looking in for the NCAA tourney. Anything less than 2-1 over the next three games will likely end the possibility of making the NCAA's this year since the rest of the schedule is against the weak squads in Hockey East.

But all is right in Friartown!
                          Yeah but maybe your UNH team is on the move....please cheer for them and don't pretend to be a Friar fan
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

PC controls their destiny. Great situation to be in and the rest will do them well. #Gardentwice

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                              Did Nate ****** in your Cheerios? Seriously! This team is up and down, but competitive. Many players leave schools it happens.
                              Thank you.

I have a feeling that PC is going to beat UML at least once. They are certainly better than they showed the past two weeks.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Thank you.

I have a feeling that PC is going to beat UML at least once. They are certainly better than they showed the past two weeks.
                                Going to need to...now in fifth place and will be in a tie for fifth place at least with ND or UConn after tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X