This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Down 2-0 already. Are they watching the Pats game?
    No, but I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is the fact that they got them all right- first went in after the whistle, second went in after the net was kicked off, third never actually went in.

Terrific hockey games on both nights. Hope to see more of this next year.

Elorza actually made it out to present the trophy! I don't remember specifically, but I can't think of the last time the mayor actually showed up since Buddy was in office.

One sour note that stands out: an absolutely vicious hit by Joey D on Tanev. He was rightfully ejected. I hope he's suspended for next weekend, as well. The NCAA needs to show that it's serious about protecting its players. The two bad hits by Brown players last night were very tame in comparison.
      If the ECAC won't suspend him, Whittet should if he thinks his team isn't dirty. Absolutely vicious hit and lucky Tanev is able to walk today.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Mark Divver was pretty convinced they were all good calls and he's pretty objective.
        Good luck the rest of the way.
        All three were good calls but the first one, the ref blew the play dead too early without it covered.

Giving up 5 goals and four not even halfway through the game is playing losing hockey.

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

5-3-1 against non-conference opponents in OOC will be the reason they miss the ncaa tournament if they do miss it...not many quality ooc wins this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad
            They won't miss and 5-3-1 is not that bad.

All Hockey East the rest of the way.

Brown coach is a dope.
            Colgate is the only quality win against a non-conference squad. Everyone else is under .500 and Army, Brown, and CC will likely not get ten wins

Comment

Won't matter. 8-3-1 is OK. Will make NCAA tourn

As strange as it may sound, Brown winning makes Friday nights win stronger in regards to power ranking win, thus the Silver lining
              Sucks, to lose to Brown but 8-3-1 is OK.
              Last edited by Hokydad; 01-11-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Also, you are wrong when you say, 5-3-1
                They are 8-3-1
                Wins
                2 vs CC
                1 vs Brown
                1 vs Ohio State
                1 vs UVM
                1 vs Army
                1 vs U Mass
                1 vs Colgate.
                Tie vs N Dakota

They are 8-3-1 OC

8-3-1 is fine.

Root for those teams the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Also, you are wrong when you say, 5-3-1
                  They are 8-3-1
                  Wins
                  2 vs CC
                  1 vs Brown
                  1 vs Ohio State
                  1 vs UVM
                  1 vs Army
                  1 vs U Mass
                  1 vs Colgate.
                  Tie vs N Dakota

They are 8-3-1 OC

8-3-1 is fine.

Root for those teams the rest of the way.
                  UVM and U Mass ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    UVM and U Mass ?????
                    Anything outside the 2 league games are considered out of conference. The Catamaunt tournament is considered outside of conference. That was a nice win for power ranking vs UVM. That and the Colgate win boost their rankings. PC is in good shape but must continue their strong play. The ritual they had going called "the weekend split" must stop
                    Need some sweeps
                    Next game vs. BC and UNH are big. BC on a roll and that win vs BC was big
                    Sweep Ma
                    Last edited by Hokydad; 01-11-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Gillies is terribly inconsistent, and too many times doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know this is blasphemy, but Ellis seems the more solid dependable goalie in his limited appearances. Gillies, while capable of great games at times, tends to give up too many cheap goals to instill alot of confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                        Gillies is terribly inconsistent, and too many times doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know this is blasphemy, but Ellis seems the more solid dependable goalie in his limited appearances. Gillies, while capable of great games at times, tends to give up too many cheap goals to instill alot of confidence.
                        Please stay off drugs and back away from the computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          Not going to join Team Zlax after every loss, but Ellis should have started one of these games.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Its a 30 game schedule. Pros are playing 82+ game schedules. Chances of goalies like Gillies staying 3+ years for 20-25 games is zero. Chances of NHL teams not pulling them out is less than zero. This is not a 1A and 1 B situation. Ellis will get his chance next year.

Comment

Previous 17 games
                              13-4
                              4 losses team scored 1-0, 2-1, 2-1, 5-3.
                              In Hockey East he is number one in goals against at 1.46 and save % at 956

If that isn't good enough, without Gillies you would be back to the 2009 era. Period

Also, this weekend alone, 9th ranked MN lost to a non top 20/ranked team, , number 10 Denver lost to a lower ranked team, Miami lost to a non top 20 team, 8th ranked Mich tech tied a non ranked team, number 2 BU tied a non ranked team, #20 Robert Morris list to a non ranked team, #9 MN list AGAIN to a non ranked team, #6 Lowell lost to a non ranked team, #5 Miami lost AGAIN to a non ranked team, Denver lost AGAIN to a lower ranked team, #11 Bowling Green tied a non ranked team, #8 Mich Tech LOST to an unranked team, #3 Harvard lost to 19th ranked Yale

All this weekend
                              Last edited by Hokydad; 01-11-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Its a 30 game schedule. Pros are playing 82+ game schedules. Chances of goalies like Gillies staying 3+ years for 20-25 games is zero. Chances of NHL teams not pulling them out is less than zero. This is not a 1A and 1 B situation. Ellis will get his chance next year.
                                Don't know about that...Hayden Hawkey is already drafted but going to be coming off a knee injury. I wouldn't pencil Ellis in as the starter yet.

Briefly looking back at Union, looks like Leaman likes to ride one goalie consistently.

Giving up five goals in college hockey isn't getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X