PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

satyking
01-31-2015, 07:10 PM
Giving up around 40 shots on goal is too many for any defense...the scoreboard was way off all night at BC so I don't remember the final numbers.

Giving up 40+ is not on the "D" its on the entire team, they rely on Gillies way too much and they are lucky he makes all the saves. He is the top dog in net even if he has not scored all year

The Zlax45
01-31-2015, 10:24 PM
Giving up 40+ is not on the "D" its on the entire team, they rely on Gillies way too much and they are lucky he makes all the saves. He is the top dog in net even if he has not scored all year

The breakouts last night were off from the d to the offense in the first two periods....wish there was a pass completed tracker to see the raw numbers.

The Zlax45
02-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Gilmour is out for the season according to Divver with a broken finger.

https://twitter.com/markdivver/status/562055277651173376

73PCFriar
02-02-2015, 06:41 PM
cav says: Anyway he would be replacing Demo's offense

That's not too hard to do this year. what's he have 1 point?

73PCFriar
02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Next up: UCONN Huskies with Game 1 Wednesday in Hartford CT....UCONN has over taken Merrimack as the biggest surprise of the season...don't look now but they are only 4 points behind the Friars...they don't score a bunch of goals but usually don't give up many either so I expect defensive battle where mistakes are the difference...Friar D has to step it up now but losing Gilmour is going to put a lot more pressure on the other guys...suspect Monk will be the replacement so it will be interesting to see the D pairings for these last 8 games.

satyking
02-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Just read on the Beanpot thread that Hokeydad is banned again !!!!

squidjigger
02-04-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm a little late to comment but I gotta say, as much as I hate BC their fans were out in force friday night. I was really impressed. The final score definitely was closer than it should of been thanks to Gillies. The scuffle mid-game was bizarre. Aside from BC getting the power play I was more shocked how the ref stood over and did nothing as the demo was getting his head pushed to the ice. I noticed this was discussed on the BC thread and I understand how the penalties were called, but seriously ref made no attempt to break it up.

The Freds
02-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Anyone making the trek to Hartford tonight?

The Zlax45
02-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Anyone making the trek to Hartford tonight?

As is common, I will be making the trek to see the Friars on the road!

palmettofriar
02-04-2015, 06:00 PM
huge game tonight for the friars, they best bring their A game and great intensity.Cannot allow a back to back losses at this time of year. 8 games in regular season left with unbanked opponents. Friars better go all out or deserve to go home.

Jon
02-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Tie game 2-2 in a tough place to get a win. We'll take it.

cavbim
02-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Tie game 2-2 in a tough place to get a win. We'll take it.

Norris who got the first goal was originally a Tim Army recruit, ended up following Berard to UConn with the coaching change

The Zlax45
02-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Not good enough...Nichols made several outstanding saves and deserved the W...UConn missed a 2 on 1 late in the game in which Gillies had no chance. Someone said Gillies got a stick on it but it was down the opposite end of me.

Terrible call in the final five minutes of this game as a UConn defenseman covered the puck in the crease with his glove and then shoved it out of the crease...clear penalty shot and Baker missed it. Pinho stopped playing because he was arguing the call.

cavbim
02-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Stat that jumped out to me was UConn blocked 15 shots Providence but 6

dillon
02-05-2015, 10:13 AM
The hot streak is cooling down with a loss and tie in the last two games. Didn't see the UConn game , but saw the BCgame, and PC was outplayed and outworked, and only remained close due to Gillies, and scoring a a failrly weak goal of their own against BC. UConn always plays them tough and it's a team that PC has had trouble scoring on in the least two years. With Gilmour out, the team needs to find both its offense and defense and play for a full 60 minutes, something that hasn't occurred often this year. Need to play like they did against Lowell. A loss or tie to UConn on Saturday would be a major disappointment. I'm predicting a rebound win and a 5-3 final score.

The Zlax45
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
The hot streak is cooling down with a loss and tie in the last two games. Didn't see the UConn game , but saw the BCgame, and PC was outplayed and outworked, and only remained close due to Gillies, and scoring a a failrly weak goal of their own against BC. UConn always plays them tough and it's a team that PC has had trouble scoring on in the least two years. With Gilmour out, the team needs to find both its offense and defense and play for a full 60 minutes, something that hasn't occurred often this year. Need to play like they did against Lowell. A loss or tie to UConn on Saturday would be a major disappointment. I'm predicting a rebound win and a 5-3 final score.

The two goals were PC players picking up rebounds...Behling found a loose puck after a scramble and Mauermann scored on a 5 on 3 rebound.

73PCFriar
02-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Friars need to protect the home ice tonight and get those 2 points to keep pace with the other top teams...3 out of 4 against UCONN will be OK, not great, but at least breaks the win/lose splits they've had most of the year (UML the exception).

Also, Drew Brown night, let's not lose again with Drew in the house :rolleyes:

Hopefully a good crowd...they say snow but should be light so I would not think a big impact on driving (for walking for the students).

palmettofriar
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Friars need to protect the home ice tonight and get those 2 points to keep pace with the other top teams...3 out of 4 against UCONN will be OK, not great, but at least breaks the win/lose splits they've had most of the year (UML the exception).

Also, Drew Brown night, let's not lose again with Drew in the house :rolleyes:

Hopefully a good crowd...they say snow but should be light so I would not think a big impact on driving (for walking for the students).

Big game tonite, Do not need a 3 game winless streak at this point of the season.
Could be a real grinder of a game. UCONN has a superb goalie and are well coached. They play with heart, determination and concentrate on "D". Had 15 blocked shots compared to 6 to the friars the other night. Hopefully the friars will match the huskies intensity tonite. :eek:

satyking
02-07-2015, 06:43 PM
3-0 with 2 shorthanded in the last minute, I think they are awake tonite

Jon
02-07-2015, 06:46 PM
It's early, but 3-0 over team icebus (I need to figure out that nickname). Insert Fred's rosy colored glasses.