This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Gillies not even dressed today! Good to see Ellis getting a start in goal after shuting out UNH when Gillies was suspended.
    This is why Gillies didn't dress and maybe why he was a bit off the game last night

“@JeffCoxSports: Jon Gillies is a late scratch due to illness. Nick Ellis gets start in series finale against Colorado College http://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/status/551844431201320961/photo/1”
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

[QUOTE=cavbim;6070702]This is why Gillies didn't dress and maybe why he was a bit off the game last night

Cav that is probably why for Gillies but what is the excuse for the rest of the teams poor showing

Comment

• [QUOTE=satyking;6070716]
        Originally posted by cavbim View Post
        Cav that is probably why for Gillies but what is the excuse for the rest of the teams poor showing
        They're the Friars?
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          ......building is empty again, they don't have this happen in Boston or the other HE rinks just here
          I've had season tickets for over 30 years, nothing different today from the last 30 years when there are games in early January. You do know basketball is the number one sport at PC, unlike most of the other Hockey East schools. If you don't like it, go follow another Hockey East school most of them are in driving distance if your a real fan. Check out Umass, BC during early January games , plenty of empty seats.

Comment

I was at the game today and thought PC played real well, for the most part. For a team that has had a tough season, CC played hard and gave PC a good game, but PC had superior talent.

Comment

Some PC hockey fans must also be PC bball fans...always ragging on the players....even with when they win...

Anyway, thought Ellis for not playing in awhile had a very good game especially in the second period when CC had a number of up close and personal chances...

Power Play is looking a bit better then before the break... at least it looks like they have a plan in how to move the puck..

that CC PP goal today had to be one of the quickest scored that I've ever seen...

4 goals from the defensemen this weekend...

Looks like Monk has taken Adams spot on defense for the foreseeable future...is Day still around?

Rooney, Pinho,Tanev third line have been the most consistent and have played pretty strong since being put together (have to admit have not looked at the +- stats). The top line is another story. Second line of Luke, Saracino and Acciarri also playing well together...

2 with Brown this weekend for the Mayor's Cup....need to keep the winning ways going and carry momentum into HE play

Hope Gillies illness doesn't permeate throughout the team...and he's ready for this weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                Some PC hockey fans must also be PC bball fans...always ragging on the players....even with when they win...

Anyway, thought Ellis for not playing in awhile had a very good game especially in the second period when CC had a number of up close and personal chances...

Power Play is looking a bit better then before the break... at least it looks like they have a plan in how to move the puck..

that CC PP goal today had to be one of the quickest scored that I've ever seen...

4 goals from the defensemen this weekend...

Looks like Monk has taken Adams spot on defense for the foreseeable future...is Day still around?

Rooney, Pinho,Tanev third line have been the most consistent and have played pretty strong since being put together (have to admit have not looked at the +- stats). The top line is another story. Second line of Luke, Saracino and Acciarri also playing well together...

2 with Brown this weekend for the Mayor's Cup....need to keep the winning ways going and carry momentum into HE play

Hope Gillies illness doesn't permeate throughout the team...and he's ready for this weekend..
                Adams has a lower body injury....Demo still playing with his stat line is nuts. 20 Games and not a single point while being a -6 which is by far the worst on the team.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Good news according to USCHO, PC is now tied with Minnesota in PWR.

Comment

Ross Mauermann is the missing piece for this team to be really top tier. Not sure why he has struggled offensively, thoughts?? The friars would be a very tough out if he get's back to form.

I hope Adams gets back out there soon. He was playing good hockey for this team, think he was leading in blocked shots before missed games.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate4life View Post
                      Ross Mauermann is the missing piece for this team to be really top tier. Not sure why he has struggled offensively, thoughts?? The friars would be a very tough out if he get's back to form.

I hope Adams gets back out there soon. He was playing good hockey for this team, think he was leading in blocked shots before missed games.
                      We saw signs of Mauerman breaking out before the holidays. It would be a nice if he'd get hot, especially if the defensemen are starting to contribute. Then we suddenly exhibit a bit more depth with him joining Mingoia/Janko/Saracino/Luke/Acciari/ et al.
                      Also great to see Ellis getting a win.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Is Rene Rancourt going to sing Christmas carols to us during intermission again this year? This greatly impacts my willingness to attend the game on Saturday.

(The other major contributing factor is whether or not Brown can keep the deficit within five on Friday).

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          Is Rene Rancourt going to sing Christmas carols to us during intermission again this year? This greatly impacts my willingness to attend the game on Saturday.

(The other major contributing factor is whether or not Brown can keep the deficit within five on Friday).
                          That's basically where I'm at on whether or not I'll go Saturday (well the score of the first Brown game not Rene Rancourt lol). I'm going Friday night so we'll see how it goes. After the struggle with CC this past weekend I'm taking nothing for granted especially vs an in-state rival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                            That's basically where I'm at on whether or not I'll go Saturday (well the score of the first Brown game not Rene Rancourt lol).
                            Your priorities are way out of wack.

Comment

So what is the tiebreaker for the coveted trophy it the two teams split? Will the new Mayor be there?

Comment

Anything less than 3-0 for PC over the next 3 games is a major disappointment

Comment

Working...
                                X