This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    Good to see you tonight Cavbim. Another W.
    Good to see you too, but that Fred's jinx was scary for awhile
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

I see this game as a big positive (They won), the offense is really starting to click. Can't always hold the other team to 1 or 0 goals. This team is coming together on both sides of the ice and is 8-1 in there last 9 games.

Comment

i was expecting to see more Gillies-bashing in here , must be too early in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Re-entry back into league play begins at UNH following the Brown series
          Right I forgot about that one delayed because of the bad ice back when Friars were supposed to play them.

Ok, then comes UML...

Comment

How can it be positive.....they allowed one of the worst teams in Division 1 hockey 4 goals for the first time this year, CC has won only 1 game all year and PC was very close to being number 2.....they may be 8-1 but the style of win means a lot and last night was sloppy all around to be nice.....took a lot of shots but how many were quality shots with men in front of the net.....if the goal tender can see it he will stop it, need to screen him and make him move side to side but we do neither and it costs us

Originally posted by Skate4life View Post
            I see this game as a big positive (They won), the offense is really starting to click. Can't always hold the other team to 1 or 0 goals. This team is coming together on both sides of the ice and is 8-1 in there last 9 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate4life View Post
              I do think that is how to look at it, but be careful rosé color glasses sometimes give you the wrong picture.

Great to be able to comeback and win for sure.

Last 4 games we have mustered some offense and there are some good signs. The bomb from Florentino, you like your defense involved. macKenzie got an assist, his first on the winner. Rooney's line at least is involved....I believe Pinho has a 4 game scoring streak and in last nights game each of the members had 2 points. The issue is the first line isn't doing it really despite gwers vs Colgate and now CC. Also they can't carry a 4 th line that just shoots blanks.....nice to see Rufo in the lineup but we need him up to speed soon.

The real bad is that CC was willing to give up the shots, but limited the inside damage till late And the defense repeatedly broke down leaving someone one free. I do imagine that will be a different story today. I'm sure they looked at the tape and will adjust
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                i was expecting to see more Gillies-bashing in here , must be too early in the morning
                Our resident UNH fan is the only basher. I am sure you realize everyone else says things tongue in cheek in reply to him.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  PC is making the worst team in Div 1 look like National Champs
                  It's a privilege to play this program.

Comment

• “@FriarsHockey: The Friars will be wearing their throwback black uniforms this afternoon, while Colorado College will… http://Instagram.com/p/xcXOhdr0EU/”

So we will have road unis....maybe that is good we seem to play better on the road than at home
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Gillies not even dressed today! Good to see Ellis getting a start in goal after shuting out UNH when Gillies was suspended.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Also got to love Demo playing in his 20th game today with a stat line no different than mine this season...
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

"You are what your record says you are."
                          ~Bill Parcells

I agree with Bill. Go Friars.

Comment

Wow a good goal.....Parisi through a screen but we are still giving up more ice than we are taking......building is empty again, they don't have this happen in Boston or the other HE rinks just here

Comment

I think i speak for everyone here when i say"phew,"

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Also got to love Demo playing in his 20th game today with a stat line no different than mine this season...
                                you are such a hater.
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X