PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 04:31 AM
Won't matter. 8-3-1 is OK. Will make NCAA tourn

As strange as it may sound, Brown winning makes Friday nights win stronger in regards to power ranking win, thus the Silver lining
Sucks, to lose to Brown but 8-3-1 is OK.

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 04:38 AM
Also, you are wrong when you say, 5-3-1
They are 8-3-1
Wins
2 vs CC
1 vs Brown
1 vs Ohio State
1 vs UVM
1 vs Army
1 vs U Mass
1 vs Colgate.
Tie vs N Dakota

They are 8-3-1 OC

8-3-1 is fine.

Root for those teams the rest of the way.

satyking
01-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Also, you are wrong when you say, 5-3-1
They are 8-3-1
Wins
2 vs CC
1 vs Brown
1 vs Ohio State
1 vs UVM
1 vs Army
1 vs U Mass
1 vs Colgate.
Tie vs N Dakota

They are 8-3-1 OC

8-3-1 is fine.

Root for those teams the rest of the way.

UVM and U Mass ?????

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 08:16 AM
UVM and U Mass ?????

Anything outside the 2 league games are considered out of conference. The Catamaunt tournament is considered outside of conference. That was a nice win for power ranking vs UVM. That and the Colgate win boost their rankings. PC is in good shape but must continue their strong play. The ritual they had going called "the weekend split" must stop
Need some sweeps
Next game vs. BC and UNH are big. BC on a roll and that win vs BC was big
Sweep Ma

dillon
01-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Gillies is terribly inconsistent, and too many times doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know this is blasphemy, but Ellis seems the more solid dependable goalie in his limited appearances. Gillies, while capable of great games at times, tends to give up too many cheap goals to instill alot of confidence.

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Gillies is terribly inconsistent, and too many times doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know this is blasphemy, but Ellis seems the more solid dependable goalie in his limited appearances. Gillies, while capable of great games at times, tends to give up too many cheap goals to instill alot of confidence.

Please stay off drugs and back away from the computer.

Jon
01-11-2015, 08:51 AM

Not going to join Team Zlax after every loss, but Ellis should have started one of these games.

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Its a 30 game schedule. Pros are playing 82+ game schedules. Chances of goalies like Gillies staying 3+ years for 20-25 games is zero. Chances of NHL teams not pulling them out is less than zero. This is not a 1A and 1 B situation. Ellis will get his chance next year.

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Previous 17 games
13-4
4 losses team scored 1-0, 2-1, 2-1, 5-3.
In Hockey East he is number one in goals against at 1.46 and save % at 956

If that isn't good enough, without Gillies you would be back to the 2009 era. Period

Also, this weekend alone, 9th ranked MN lost to a non top 20/ranked team, , number 10 Denver lost to a lower ranked team, Miami lost to a non top 20 team, 8th ranked Mich tech tied a non ranked team, number 2 BU tied a non ranked team, #20 Robert Morris list to a non ranked team, #9 MN list AGAIN to a non ranked team, #6 Lowell lost to a non ranked team, #5 Miami lost AGAIN to a non ranked team, Denver lost AGAIN to a lower ranked team, #11 Bowling Green tied a non ranked team, #8 Mich Tech LOST to an unranked team, #3 Harvard lost to 19th ranked Yale

All this weekend

The Zlax45
01-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Its a 30 game schedule. Pros are playing 82+ game schedules. Chances of goalies like Gillies staying 3+ years for 20-25 games is zero. Chances of NHL teams not pulling them out is less than zero. This is not a 1A and 1 B situation. Ellis will get his chance next year.

Don't know about that...Hayden Hawkey is already drafted but going to be coming off a knee injury. I wouldn't pencil Ellis in as the starter yet.

Briefly looking back at Union, looks like Leaman likes to ride one goalie consistently.

Giving up five goals in college hockey isn't getting it done.

The Zlax45
01-11-2015, 09:18 AM

I guess I am not the only one that recognizes the inconsistent play by him.

The Zlax45
01-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Previous 17 games
13-4
4 losses team scored 1-0, 2-1, 2-1, 5-3.
In Hockey East he is number one in goals against at 1.46 and save % at 956

If that isn't good enough, without Gillies you would be back to the 2009 era. Period

Yes in losses by Gillies they have struggled to score but now in back to back weekends he has given up four goals to CC, and four goals in less than half a game to Brown. I don't care if he was sick against CC as it is an excuse to give him a break. If you are sick and not 100 percent be a good teammate and let the backup play.

He also gave up four goals in two periods to North Dakota in a big series and Ohio State put 5 behind him. BU put 4 in at Scheinder...

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Don't know about that...Hayden Hawkey is already drafted but going to be coming off a knee injury. I wouldn't pencil Ellis in as the starter yet.

Briefly looking back at Union, looks like Leaman likes to ride one goalie consistently.

Giving up five goals in college hockey isn't getting it done.

He didn't give up 5

The Zlax45
01-11-2015, 09:31 AM
He didn't give up 5

Did I say he gave up five? I don't think I did. I said giving up five goals is playing losing hockey. The team gave up five...that is losing hockey at any level

dillon
01-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I was at the CC games and the Brown games, and Gillies played poorly. If he was sick in the first CC game he should have not played. Leaman should have started Ellis in the second Brown game, even though PC beat Brown in game 1, Gillies wasn't tested alot and looked out of sorts and slow in his reactions. I'm not trying to be a basher. Gillies was great as a freshman, but since the World Juniors last year, he has been inconsistent. He has looked great at times, but when he is off, he is really off, and the team seems to sense it and I think it effects everybody on the ice.

The Zlax45
01-11-2015, 09:36 AM
I was at the CC games and the Brown games, and Gillies played poorly. If he was sick in the first CC game he should have not played. Leaman should have started Ellis in the second Brown game, even though PC beat Brown in game 1, Gillies wasn't tested alot and looked out of sorts and slow in his reactions. I'm not trying to be a basher. Gillies was great as a freshman, but since the World Juniors last year, he has been inconsistent. He has looked great at times, but when he is off, he is really off, and the team seems to sense it and I think it effects everybody on the ice.

You can't say that about Gillies...(sarcasm)

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 09:41 AM

His record over past 17 games is top 3 in country, number one in Hockey East in GA and save %. If that isn't good enough, such is life and simply shows how little you know about hockey and the position. Little to none

73PCFriar
01-11-2015, 09:43 AM
I would not put Gillies out there as the reason for last night's loss as he was left on an island by his defense on those 4 goals. Even the 5th goal by Brown was due mainly to letting the Brown player skate free from behind the net right out front. People are expecting miracles every time Gillies steps out on the ice. Where do you think Friars would be without him. :confused: I think Ellis can be a decent goalie and has shown to be a good backup but please, to think the Friars would be better without Gillies playing as much as he has is wishful thinking.

cavbim
01-11-2015, 09:57 AM
You can't say that about Gillies...(sarcasm)

1. Those goals were on very poor defensive play. Gillies (and actually even Ellis on the 5th goal) should hire a divorce lawyer and sue the defense for divorce on the grounds of abandonment.
2. Someone joked the defense must have been watching the Patriots early defense in their game
3 you didn't know you would miss Mark Adams so much. All 3 of Browns even strength goals, well one was with the delayed penalty came with Walman and Monk on the ice. Walman has not looked any where as good since Adams was out. Certainly not pointing the finger at Monk, but he is what he is, a 7th defenseman and clearly his game does not mesh well with what Walman does best.
4. You know you are in trouble when the Acciari line is on the ice for the 2 true even strength goals, but it does show the total breakdown of the defense.
5. Divver made a comment that Brown's 4th line played well all weekend, though I believe they had no points, but it does kind of show up how poor our 4th line is.
6. I fully realize unless you believe Cromwell can give you solid minutes a major culprit in this game was Demopoulous. 2 bad penalties, one leading to 2 goals, extra attacker and then the penalty. Then just as Ellis gets to the bench he takes an offensive zone interference call. He was also on the ice for that extra attacker goal
7. If you have no wind in your sails to begin with, losing that 1st goal was huge. It was clearly never covered, just plain bad work by the ref to not follow it, and bad luck for PC in that the shooter was just lifting it as the whistle blew, if he had gotten it up in the air a split second faster the ref might have found it.
8. Need we discuss the power play and their inability to finish

Hokydad
01-11-2015, 10:01 AM

His record over past 17 games is top 3 in country, number one in Hockey East in GA and save %. If that isn't good enough, such is life and simply shows how little you know about hockey and the position. Little to none