PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

cavbim
01-04-2015, 12:24 PM
I see this game as a big positive (They won), the offense is really starting to click. Can't always hold the other team to 1 or 0 goals. This team is coming together on both sides of the ice and is 8-1 in there last 9 games.

I do think that is how to look at it, but be careful rosé color glasses sometimes give you the wrong picture.

Great to be able to comeback and win for sure.

Last 4 games we have mustered some offense and there are some good signs. The bomb from Florentino, you like your defense involved. macKenzie got an assist, his first on the winner. Rooney's line at least is involved....I believe Pinho has a 4 game scoring streak and in last nights game each of the members had 2 points. The issue is the first line isn't doing it really despite gwers vs Colgate and now CC. Also they can't carry a 4 th line that just shoots blanks.....nice to see Rufo in the lineup but we need him up to speed soon.

The real bad is that CC was willing to give up the shots, but limited the inside damage till late And the defense repeatedly broke down leaving someone one free. I do imagine that will be a different story today. I'm sure they looked at the tape and will adjust

cavbim
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
i was expecting to see more Gillies-bashing in here , must be too early in the morning

Our resident UNH fan is the only basher. I am sure you realize everyone else says things tongue in cheek in reply to him.

PC91
01-04-2015, 12:48 PM
PC is making the worst team in Div 1 look like National Champs

It's a privilege to play this program.

cavbim
01-04-2015, 01:20 PM
“@FriarsHockey: The Friars will be wearing their throwback black uniforms this afternoon, while Colorado College will… http://Instagram.com/p/xcXOhdr0EU/”

So we will have road unis....maybe that is good we seem to play better on the road than at home

The Zlax45
01-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Gillies not even dressed today! Good to see Ellis getting a start in goal after shuting out UNH when Gillies was suspended.

The Zlax45
01-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Also got to love Demo playing in his 20th game today with a stat line no different than mine this season...

The Freds
01-04-2015, 02:50 PM
"You are what your record says you are."
~Bill Parcells

I agree with Bill. Go Friars.

satyking
01-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Wow a good goal.....Parisi through a screen but we are still giving up more ice than we are taking......building is empty again, they don't have this happen in Boston or the other HE rinks just here

Jon
01-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I think i speak for everyone here when i say"phew,"

PcFriars13
01-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Also got to love Demo playing in his 20th game today with a stat line no different than mine this season...

you are such a hater.

cavbim
01-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Gillies not even dressed today! Good to see Ellis getting a start in goal after shuting out UNH when Gillies was suspended.

This is why Gillies didn't dress and maybe why he was a bit off the game last night

“@JeffCoxSports: Jon Gillies is a late scratch due to illness. Nick Ellis gets start in series finale against Colorado College http://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/status/551844431201320961/photo/1”

satyking
01-04-2015, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=cavbim;6070702]This is why Gillies didn't dress and maybe why he was a bit off the game last night

Cav that is probably why for Gillies but what is the excuse for the rest of the teams poor showing

theprofromdover
01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=cavbim;6070702]
Cav that is probably why for Gillies but what is the excuse for the rest of the teams poor showing

They're the Friars?

steven22
01-04-2015, 06:59 PM
......building is empty again, they don't have this happen in Boston or the other HE rinks just here

I've had season tickets for over 30 years, nothing different today from the last 30 years when there are games in early January. You do know basketball is the number one sport at PC, unlike most of the other Hockey East schools. If you don't like it, go follow another Hockey East school most of them are in driving distance if your a real fan. Check out Umass, BC during early January games , plenty of empty seats.

dillon
01-04-2015, 07:24 PM
I was at the game today and thought PC played real well, for the most part. For a team that has had a tough season, CC played hard and gave PC a good game, but PC had superior talent.

73PCFriar
01-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Some PC hockey fans must also be PC bball fans...always ragging on the players....even with when they win...

Anyway, thought Ellis for not playing in awhile had a very good game especially in the second period when CC had a number of up close and personal chances...

Power Play is looking a bit better then before the break... at least it looks like they have a plan in how to move the puck..

that CC PP goal today had to be one of the quickest scored that I've ever seen...

4 goals from the defensemen this weekend...

Looks like Monk has taken Adams spot on defense for the foreseeable future...is Day still around?

Rooney, Pinho,Tanev third line have been the most consistent and have played pretty strong since being put together (have to admit have not looked at the +- stats). The top line is another story. Second line of Luke, Saracino and Acciarri also playing well together...

2 with Brown this weekend for the Mayor's Cup....need to keep the winning ways going and carry momentum into HE play

Hope Gillies illness doesn't permeate throughout the team...and he's ready for this weekend..

The Zlax45
01-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Some PC hockey fans must also be PC bball fans...always ragging on the players....even with when they win...

Anyway, thought Ellis for not playing in awhile had a very good game especially in the second period when CC had a number of up close and personal chances...

Power Play is looking a bit better then before the break... at least it looks like they have a plan in how to move the puck..

that CC PP goal today had to be one of the quickest scored that I've ever seen...

4 goals from the defensemen this weekend...

Looks like Monk has taken Adams spot on defense for the foreseeable future...is Day still around?

Rooney, Pinho,Tanev third line have been the most consistent and have played pretty strong since being put together (have to admit have not looked at the +- stats). The top line is another story. Second line of Luke, Saracino and Acciarri also playing well together...

2 with Brown this weekend for the Mayor's Cup....need to keep the winning ways going and carry momentum into HE play

Hope Gillies illness doesn't permeate throughout the team...and he's ready for this weekend..

Adams has a lower body injury....Demo still playing with his stat line is nuts. 20 Games and not a single point while being a -6 which is by far the worst on the team.

The Zlax45
01-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Good news according to USCHO, PC is now tied with Minnesota in PWR.

Skate4life
01-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Ross Mauermann is the missing piece for this team to be really top tier. Not sure why he has struggled offensively, thoughts?? The friars would be a very tough out if he get's back to form.

I hope Adams gets back out there soon. He was playing good hockey for this team, think he was leading in blocked shots before missed games.

Jon
01-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Ross Mauermann is the missing piece for this team to be really top tier. Not sure why he has struggled offensively, thoughts?? The friars would be a very tough out if he get's back to form.

I hope Adams gets back out there soon. He was playing good hockey for this team, think he was leading in blocked shots before missed games.
We saw signs of Mauerman breaking out before the holidays. It would be a nice if he'd get hot, especially if the defensemen are starting to contribute. Then we suddenly exhibit a bit more depth with him joining Mingoia/Janko/Saracino/Luke/Acciari/ et al.
Also great to see Ellis getting a win.