This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Gillies ficus is where it should be. Ellis rose to the occasion and my tulips will do him praise. He's a tough son of a birch or so I've heard through the vine. Where does this stem from? I can't leaf this alone; the root of this problem is that this season hasn't been a day at the beech. Leaman needs to put the wood to our power play - this is no oak as acorny as it sounds.
    Classic Jon.

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Just noticed Gillies is number one in Hockey east in save % at 949 and total saves at 183. Third in Hockey East in GA per game at 1.68.

Off year

Little annoyed that he is not top ten in scoring though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Just noticed Gillies is number one in Hockey east in save % at 949 and total saves at 183. Third in Hockey East in GA per game at 1.68.

Off year

Little annoyed that he is not top ten in scoring though.....
        Looking at the real numbers (all games played)... stats as compared to other Hockey East goaltenders...

6th GAA 2.26
        3rd Save% .927
        8th Win% .450

I'm not saying these numbers are good or bad. Just sayin'.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Looking at the real numbers (all games played)... stats as compared to other Hockey East goaltenders...

6th GAA 2.26
          3rd Save% .927
          8th Win% .450

I'm not saying these numbers are good or bad. Just sayin'.
          Since when are games vs different opponents the REAL numbers

Merrimack goalie is ahead in GA but has played Mercyhurst twice, Holy Cross twice and Princeton. 4/5 at home

PC played at UND twice and at Ohio State twice

Comment

Merrimack goalie is ahead in GA but has played Mercyhurst twice, Holy Cross twice and Princeton. 4/5 at home

PC played at UND twice and at Ohio State twice
            And Ohio State is under .500 at 4-7-1 while that Merrimack goalie gave up 4 and 3 goals in each of the Mercyhurst games at Erie so his numbers are far from inflated from those games.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Just guessing but would bet a little tougher playing 2 weekends on the road early vs UND and Ohio State vs home against Mercyhurst and Holy Cross....

But hey, Merrimack beat 1-6 Princeton, and 3-5-4 Holy Cross twice as well. Tough early season road, with 4/5 at home

Comment

Since they played the game.

OK... you may think you can pick and choose what games count or don't count, but in reality, if you payed in the game, those stats are real, and they count. Just sayin'.

W_T_F does Merrimack's opponents have to do with Jon Gillies stats?
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  And Ohio State is under .500 at 4-7-1 while that Merrimack goalie gave up 4 and 3 goals in each of the Mercyhurst games at Erie so his numbers are far from inflated from those games.
                  we get the point dough boy. Gillies is a below avg goalie

Must suck being 3-3 over past 6. Team has scored 1 or less goals in all 3 losses

Save % in those 6 games of 902, 904, 976, 971, 1000, 935. Save % over past 6 is .948

GA in those 6 games 4.12, 1.00, 2.00, 1.01, 0 and 2.04. GA over past 6 is 1.695

All 6 vs top 3 teams in Hockey east BU number 1, VT number 2..

This coming off an injury that limited training last summer
                  Last edited by Hokydad; 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Since they played the game.

OK... you may think you can pick and choose what games count or don't count, but in reality, if you payed in the game, those stats are real, and they count. Just sayin'.

W_T_F does Merrimack's opponents have to do with Jon Gillies stats?
                    A lot jacka%%. If one goalie plays two on the road vs N dakota and 2 on the road vs Ohio State that would be a tougher route stats wise vs playing 4 at home vs Mercyhurst, Holy Cross and Princeton. Pretty sure most would get that logic

Comment

A lot jacka%%. If one goalie plays two on the road vs N dakota and 2 on the road vs Ohio State that would be a tougher route stats wise vs playing 4 at home vs Mercyhurst, Holy Cross and Princeton. Pretty sure most would get that logic
                      Don't yell at me. I'm just posting his overall stats.
                      Contact HE and the NCAA and tell THEM to fix it for you.

Comment

Don't yell at me. I'm just posting his overall stats.
                        Contact HE and the NCAA and tell THEM to fix it for you.
                        HE league stats are just fine thank you....

Just like Alabama's strength of aschedule ytd wins dropped after their 75-6 win over the weekend, Merrimack is still not top 20 because they play teams like Mercyhurst at home twice, Holy Cross twice and Princeton. Those are wins but taken for what they are worth. Same reason why several teams are top 20 at 8-4(MC's record) and multiple ranked where MC is not in top 20

Comment

Mercyhurst hosted Merrimack so get that fact correct...Merrimack went to Holy Cross and played a neutral site game vs Princeton. Not home games like you are stating

Comment

I wouldn't even consider posting national statistics. Hoky would surely jump the cliff and we'd lose all that entertainment value.

BTW PC folks, sorry for the hijacking, but I'm really not picking on your guy... just posting some facts and, well, the fishing is pretty good this time of year.

Comment

Wonder if Ellis gets the start tonight since he was going to get this game before Gillies got the suspension...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Wonder if Ellis gets the start tonight since he was going to get this game before Gillies got the suspension...
                                Who ever announced that the Army game was going to be Ellis' start? They don't announce who starts till the line charts come out.

I bet at minimum Leaman was making his mind up after the weekend series and possibly yesterday as they prepared for the Army game. Even then we wouldn't know.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X