PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

satyking
12-07-2014, 06:13 PM
We have to start scoring goals.....look at our totals compared to all the rest of Hockey East, makes me wonder how we won any games

palmettofriar
12-07-2014, 07:48 PM
We have to start scoring goals.....look at our totals compared to all the rest of Hockey East, makes me wonder how we won any games

It is quite amazing, still with scoring and pp problems, friars have played well enough to be in every game except the first Nodak and BU contests.

HockeyFan22
12-07-2014, 11:40 PM
I like the progression of the Mauermann kid.
To go from walk on to captain.
Rather Impressive!!

The Zlax45
12-08-2014, 03:16 PM
McParland is suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules...Third player this year suspended which shows the lack of commitment from the players to the season.

theprofromdover
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM
McParland is suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules...Third player this year suspended which shows the lack of commitment from the players to the season.

Got hyperbole?

friarfan7
12-08-2014, 04:38 PM
At the very least, it gives you some context as to why Robbie Hennessey was given an opportunity on Saturday night.

friarfan7
12-08-2014, 08:36 PM
What's the story on Paul de Jersey? Is he hurt?

Also, does Niko Rufo have a timetable to return?

The Zlax45
12-08-2014, 10:52 PM
What's the story on Paul de Jersey? Is he hurt?

Also, does Niko Rufo have a timetable to return?

de Jersey played in the USA exhibition but don't believe he has played any other times this year. He never gave PC any effort out there and was what I call a puck hog...

Hokydad
12-09-2014, 07:28 AM
You don't know anything about Paul Dejersey, nothing.
Not every kid is right for every coach and visa versa. My guess is he will go to a Canadian University next semester. Very good player and teammate.

friarfan7
12-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Wasn't Paul de Jersey recruited by Nate Leaman? I'm just wondering if he's a very player (and perhaps capable of scoring a goal or two, why he doesn't get any burn).

Any idea on Niko Rufo? I thought Mark Divver said he was close, but I didn't see anything formal announced.

You don't know anything about Paul Dejersey, nothing.
Not every kid is right for every coach and visa versa. My guess is he will go to a Canadian University next semester. Very good player and teammate.

boblav1
12-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Wasn't Paul de Jersey recruited by Nate Leaman? I'm just wondering if he's a very player (and perhaps capable of scoring a goal or two, why he doesn't get any burn).

Any idea on Niko Rufo? I thought Mark Divver said he was close, but I didn't see anything formal announced.

Paul de Jersey is in the lineup tonight according to Mark Divver.

Mark Divver @MarkDivver
Friars lines:
Mauermann-Jankowski-Mingoia
Saracino-Acciari-Luke
Demopoulos-Rooney-Pinho
MacPhee-Hennessey-de Jersey

PC D:
McKenzie-Gilmour
Parisi-Florentino
Walman-Adams
Gillies in goal

PcFriars13
12-09-2014, 08:40 PM
so can we all relax now or is the sky still falling?

The Zlax45
12-09-2014, 10:23 PM
so can we all relax now or is the sky still falling?

Terrible turnover by Colgate in the third period for the winner as the Raiders dominated the third period with PC scoring on 2 of their maybe 5-6 shots in the period

The Zlax45
12-09-2014, 10:25 PM

I saw Rufo (I believe) with a knee brace and running shorts in between periods

The Zlax45
12-09-2014, 10:27 PM

I don't think DeJersey took a shift in the third period tonight...

Hokydad
12-10-2014, 07:10 AM
And I don't think you did either..great FORCEED turnover by Mingola and a better finish
29 blocked shots by PC, nice team effort and big win for ncaa

friarfan7
12-10-2014, 12:55 PM
And I don't think you did either..great FORCEED turnover by Mingola and a better finish

This year's team reminds me of last year's NY Rangers team-- insistence on team defense, blocking shots, aggressive forecheck, and using traffic / screens to generate scoring opportunities.

Patronick
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Forced? He dropped the puck back to no one right in front of the goalie. The finish was excellent, but that was a gift.

Hokydad
12-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Forced? He dropped the puck back to no one right in front of the goalie. The finish was excellent, but that was a gift.

Yes, forced. When the forward attacks the puck, and puts it thru a players legs and than beats the goalie, that is called forced.. especially when the announcer says, "steals the puck". Call it a gift, I call it an agressive fore check where a hungry forward caused a turnover , stripped the player, put it between his legs and roasted the goalie...
Was the "no one" the player that he put it thru his legs or was he photo shopped in by the athletic department. This reminds me of when Forest Gump was meeting JFK or Lyndon Johnson. Pretty creative on their part.

Can be seen at the 2 minute mark

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/120914aaa.html

The Zlax45
12-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Yes, forced. When the forward attacks the puck, and puts it thru a players legs and than beats the goalie, that is called forced.. especially when the announcer says, "steals the puck". Call it a gift, I call it an agressive fore check where a hungry forward caused a turnover , stripped the player, put it between his legs and roasted the goalie...
Was the "no one" the player that he put it thru his legs or was he photo shopped in by the athletic department. This reminds me of when Forest Gump was meeting JFK or Lyndon Johnson. Pretty creative on their part.

Can be seen at the 2 minute mark

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/120914aaa.html

Funny thing is Hennessey made the same exact play in the second period and didn't score.