Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

prediction for 11/15: Vermont 5,PC 2

Comment

Is that for penalties?

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        Wait I thought Jon Gillies was terrible...how did he just shut out the number 10 team in the country?
        Very weak shutout tonight as Vermont had 2-3 decent chances all night. Gillies has stepped up his game over the last three and most importantly the defense has been playing better.

Walman is becoming PC's top dman as he was all over the ice tonight while Adams continues to struggle. I am surprised he is still dressing every night.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Very weak shutout tonight as Vermont had 2-3 decent chances all night. Gillies has stepped up his game over the last three and most importantly the defense has been playing better.

Walman is becoming PC's top dman as he was all over the ice tonight while Adams continues to struggle. I am surprised he is still dressing every night.

You need to watch a game once in a while
          Now you rate the strength of goalies shutouts?
          What a fool
          Funny how the same day you were crapping on Parisi Leaman was in the paper saying he was there top D

You are a literal moron
          Last edited by Hokydad; 11-15-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            What a fool
            Funny how the same day you were crapping on Paris Leaman was in the paper saying he was there top D

You are a literal moron
            Did you think Gillies was tested? Hoffman, Demko, O'Connor and the Merrimack goalie would have gotten that shutout tonight with how good PC's defense and pathetic UVm was...

You can't give all the credit to Gillies when you aren't going to blame him for his pathetic performances at ND and Ohio State...

UVM was terrible tonight and didn't look like a top 20 team...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              What a fool
              Funny how the same day you were crapping on Paris Leaman was in the paper saying he was there top D

You are a literal moron
              BTW...the NHL agrees with me instead of Leaman...look at where they were picked

Comment

Stay off drugs Xlax

Why blame anyone. Good win and 2 big league points

You literally have no clue what you are talking about. Never noticed until over the past 3 weeks how stupid you really were. If you have been watching PC since the 90's and these are your observations, you have no clue about hockey. None

Comment

What the heck are you talking about. The NHL drafts on pro potential where often they draft on size not how they play in college
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Did you think Gillies was tested? Hoffman, Demko, O'Connor and the Merrimack goalie would have gotten that shutout tonight with how good PC's defense and pathetic UVm was...

You can't give all the credit to Gillies when you aren't going to blame him for his pathetic performances at ND and Ohio State...

UVM was terrible tonight and didn't look like a top 20 team...
                    I agree with Hokey what game were you watching? What difference if other goals"might" have had a shutout in front of them, Gillies was the goalie in the game and he made several good saves.

That was important because of what you think I thought UVM showed a pretty good skill level, just that our game plan frustrated them, when they outshot PC in the 1st which potentially led to an entirely outcome
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

"You are a literal moron"

Pure gold... Hall of Fame worthy right there.
                      Hoky being hoky... what would we do without him?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

PC's best game so far. Dominated and frustrated VT all night. Despite Zlax's comment, Gillies made many good saves. Acciari beginning to look closer to old self. Hope they can maintain their play tonight. With a BBall game on tap, rink may be quieter.

Comment

Zlax, or should I call you Brian, are you sure you were watching the hockey game or out watching soccer on the TV screen during that first period. Friars gave up the puck a number of times in the offensive zone to UVM guys often alone and Gillies stopped them cold. Second period he came up with some very good stops with PC on the penalty kill. I just don't know what your issue is with Gillies.

Being critical of a shutout is even more crazy. Hey they did what they needed to do, Play Friar hockey and beat a good UVM team that was sitting at the top of the league in the early season. Now they need to do this two nights in a row. Can't be there tonight, so maybe you can provide a more objective view of what happens tonight. I know cav will.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            To be fair, the NHL also drafted Alex Velischek (currently playing in the ECHL) and did *not* draft Tim Schaller (currently in the AHL and doing quite well).
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Congratulations to #1 and his new bride, Mrs. #1 on their wedding today in Wisconsin!

Looking forward to watching tonight's game in person.

Comment

Gillies had a much more difficult game in my opinion at Merrimack...60 foot shots from the point with no screen need to be saved at the D-1 level...

I wasn't critical of Gillies performance just said it was a fairly easy shutout with the lack of quality shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X