X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    BC ticket office won't sell them to me because there's a "limited number" and I didn't go there. Awesome.
    Good...we don't need anymore crazy BC fans in that building...
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Good...we don't need anymore crazy BC fans in that building...

no, that means they'll sell them to BC fans. I'm getting shut out still.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        Hi Friends!

I have a favor to ask.

I currently live in the DC area, but I'll be back up in New England over Thanksgiving weekend and was hoping to go to the PC/BC game on Nov. 29th. Today, I learned that PC won't sell individual tickets to just the BC game, and will only let you buy them if you have a season ticket or as part of a mini-plan. Given that I live a casual eight-hour drive from Providence, it really doesn't make sense to buy a mini-plan when this is the only game I'll actually be in the area to see. I was hoping to go to the game with a friend (who even *WORKS* at PC and they won't let her buy a ticket).

Basically, does anyone have any extra tickets to the PC/BC game you're willing to sell, or does anyone have any advice about charming the lovely people who work in PC athletics? I'm growing desperate.
        When there is a hockey game on Thanksgiving weekend it has traditionally been sparsely attended. It could be different this year with BC as the opponent and PC on the national radar. However, it would not surprise me if as the date got closer that single tickets might go on sale. Then again, one of the area clowns on this site might not be using their tickets.

That being said, in the meantime I would call the ticket manager directly, explain that you are an alumna, (donor if applicable) and live eight hours away, formerly had season tickets for x years (right?) and ask her directly if you could be accommodated. The worst she will tell you is no, but I know colleges usually try to accommodate alumni. Again, you might have to wait until the date is closer. Christine Higgins is the ticket manager and her number is on the friars.com website.

Good luck but I figure you will get in one way or another. You can always hang outside the night of the game and score someone's extras and get in. I have never had a problem doing that at regular season games away from PC.

Comment

Be sure to let the ticket mgr know you went to North Dakota to support the team.......you could also e-mail Nate directly

Comment

3-1 over Merrimack after 2. Very amused at the Twitter feed posting every PC goal in multiple angles.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              Be sure to let the ticket mgr know you went to North Dakota to support the team.......you could also e-mail Nate directly
              Will do. I'm going to save the "help me Coach Leaman!" email as an absolute last act of desperation...I'll keep y'all posted.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Friars stuck in the mud in the third period tonight but manage to hold on for 3-2 victory. Powerplay continues to be non-existent although they did score one tonight (just after the end of a 5 on 3 and 11 seconds left in the 5 on 4). Penalty kill not much better as they give up 2 power play goals. In the end Gillies comes up with a big third period as Friars are out shot 16 -2 to hold off the Warriors.

Onto North Andover tomorrow night...

Comment

• The special teams better find their mojo real fast or things aren't going to end well. You live and die by by your pp and pk in college hockey and right now to say they suck would be a complement. Last in the league in pk and next to lady in pp overall
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Does anyone know the reason why the goal was called back in the second period?

Comment

• Changing the subject this tweet from Divver points to another fun player to watch next year

“@MarkDivver: Two more goals for PC recruit @ErikFoley11 last night, including winner in OT. He has 5-2-7 in last 4 gms.”

Kid is a 17 year old (in other words a year then Pinho) who has adjusted quickly to the USHL. Granted its early and there is little separation among the leaders, but he is tied for 4th in goals scored in the league, just 2 behind the leader
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Happy to see a Friday Night victory. For the old timers, any wagers whether the game a Lawlor Arena ends in a tie tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                          Does anyone know the reason why the goal was called back in the second period?
                          The quote I saw from Leaman was that McPhee initiated contact with the Merrimack goaltender...Leaman in the postgame was not buying that at all. I will see if I can locate the quote.

Here it is from the USCHO.com recap

At the beginning of the second period, Merrimack was forced to stand tall on the penalty kill once again. After killing off the final 43 seconds of Lashyn’s penalty that carried over from the first period with little to no trouble, Merrimack skated on thin ice for the next few minutes. While it seemed as through Providence had doubled their lead on a Connor MacPhee goal, the play was reviewed an overturned, keeping the score at 1-0.

It was unclear to many spectators why the goal was overturned, and Leaman seemed relatively irked by the call.

“[The referees] said that Connor initiated contact with the goalie,” said Leaman. “I watched it between periods. It’s tough, but that’s what they deemed.”
                          Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-08-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Happy to see a Friday Night victory. For the old timers, any wagers whether the game a Lawlor Arena ends in a tie tonight?
                            Last two times I been there, PC won in overtime on a Schaller goal and they just hung on last year...I will be up there tonight...Love that rink...

Comment

Acciari looks like he is not 100% yet. Team played well for periods 1 and 2. Terrible in 3 when I think they only got 1 real shot on goal all period. Gillies played well. Think they miss the leadership and toughness of Shamanski and Army more than expected. Jankowski needs to toughen up and learn to finish checks and use his body. He is a big kid and has filled out since he was a freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                                Acciari looks like he is not 100% yet. Team played well for periods 1 and 2. Terrible in 3 when I think they only got 1 real shot on goal all period. Gillies played well. Think they miss the leadership and toughness of Shamanski and Army more than expected. Jankowski needs to toughen up and learn to finish checks and use his body. He is a big kid and has filled out since he was a freshman.
                                Don't think they were down right terrible. I think they lost sight that playing defensively doesn't mean you need to surrender the initiative. They played fairly well defensively covering for each other, they just didn't step up and regain the momentum. Hopefully it is not her lesson learned
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X