• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ke-jack-eichel

Leaman called it a "gutsy" road win.
    Understatement.

Let's see if this carries over to Merrimack. They seem to play us tough.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      Gillies has not lost two in a row at PC.
      were you hanging with hoky tonight?!?!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        were you hanging with hoky tonight?!?!
        Nope, repeating my post from last week and before.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          Umm...he lost to Lowell and BC back to back last year...
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            And lost to Northeastern and BC back to back

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              And lost to Northeastern and BC back to back
              but they went into BU and beat them for the first time there since 2009. Same thing they did vs N Dakota. If they embrace their identity and play there game, they will be tough come February. Rumors of Gillies demise greatly exagerated. He rested over the summer to heal an injury, couldnt train. This is basically getting his game back, should get better every week.
              PC is just fine.
              Real surprise is that it looks ike BU, BC and Lowell are not in rebuilding modes and should be a competitive season. Cant give away any points, need 4 vs Merrimack, who is still prone to very stupid penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Umm...he lost to Lowell and BC back to back last year...
                Sorry, meant to say back-to-back against the same team.

Comment

I never doubted them.

Comment

Down to number 12 in the USCHO poll. For this point in the season, I am okay with that. As they say, the only poll that matters is in the spring. Time and opportunity now for the guys to figure out the Friday night curse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                      Down to number 12 in the USCHO poll. For this point in the season, I am okay with that. As they say, the only poll that matters is in the spring. Time and opportunity now for the guys to figure out the Friday night curse.
                      Yea...BU went up in the rankings...

The more interesting part is BC being ranked higher than Lowell. The River Hawks have beaten BC this year and only lost to Michigan...

Comment

Jim Donaldson weighs in with his annual PC hockey column in today's Journal. Nate's comments put the early season results in perspective. This team needs to learn how to stay and play in the upper echelon of college hockey. It doesn't magically happen.

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...al-measure.ece

Hopefully the Saturday night team shows up for both games this weekend.

Comment

Hi Friends!

I have a favor to ask.

I currently live in the DC area, but I'll be back up in New England over Thanksgiving weekend and was hoping to go to the PC/BC game on Nov. 29th. Today, I learned that PC won't sell individual tickets to just the BC game, and will only let you buy them if you have a season ticket or as part of a mini-plan. Given that I live a casual eight-hour drive from Providence, it really doesn't make sense to buy a mini-plan when this is the only game I'll actually be in the area to see. I was hoping to go to the game with a friend (who even *WORKS* at PC and they won't let her buy a ticket).

Basically, does anyone have any extra tickets to the PC/BC game you're willing to sell, or does anyone have any advice about charming the lovely people who work in PC athletics? I'm growing desperate.
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I would give BC a call, the visiting school is given a certain amount of tickets to sell.
                            Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                            Hi Friends!

I have a favor to ask.

I currently live in the DC area, but I'll be back up in New England over Thanksgiving weekend and was hoping to go to the PC/BC game on Nov. 29th. Today, I learned that PC won't sell individual tickets to just the BC game, and will only let you buy them if you have a season ticket or as part of a mini-plan. Given that I live a casual eight-hour drive from Providence, it really doesn't make sense to buy a mini-plan when this is the only game I'll actually be in the area to see. I was hoping to go to the game with a friend (who even *WORKS* at PC and they won't let her buy a ticket).

Basically, does anyone have any extra tickets to the PC/BC game you're willing to sell, or does anyone have any advice about charming the lovely people who work in PC athletics? I'm growing desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                              I would give BC a call, the visiting school is given a certain amount of tickets to sell.
                              Good idea!!
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

BC ticket office won't sell them to me because there's a "limited number" and I didn't go there. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X