PDA

View Full Version : Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

73PCFriar
11-08-2014, 07:36 PM
According to Mike Logan on radio, Leaman got a call from the league today stating the goal should have been allowed. This is actually the second time this year the Friars lost out on a goal that the league told Leaman should have been allowed.

The Freds
11-08-2014, 07:48 PM
0-0 with 15 to go in the third. Just another tight game at Lawlor Arena.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-08-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/11/8/7179207/rasmus-tirronen-merrimack-blank-providence-brian-christie

"Playoff feel" to Providence's 1-0 loss at Merrimack.

The Zlax45
11-08-2014, 10:40 PM
I think it is time to panic...this team needs to start playing up to their level or they will be sitting home in March

cavbim
11-09-2014, 05:45 AM
I think it is time to panic...this team needs to start playing up to their level or they will be sitting home in March

Yeah panicking solves the problem

The Zlax45
11-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Yeah panicking solves the problem

We have no bearing on the games...there is something seriously wrong with multiple players on this team.

Gilmour/Parisi both had solid freshmen seasons but regressed the last two years.

Jankowski- the Flanes can't be happy with his development at all. Didn't even show up this weekend.

Who on this team besides Gillies does an opponent say we have to stop?

Hokydad
11-09-2014, 09:51 AM
We have no bearing on the games...there is something seriously wrong with multiple players on this team.

Gilmour/Parisi both had solid freshmen seasons but regressed the last two years.

Jankowski- the Flanes can't be happy with his development at all. Didn't even show up this weekend.

Mauerman
Saracino
Pinho
Luke
Tanev
Mingola
Demopoulis
Jankowski
Macfarland
Accari
Macphee
Ruffo
McKenzie
Gilmour
Florentino
Parisi
Adams
Walman
Monk
Ellis

They will find their identity and be very tough when it counts

Last week you were crapping on Gillies. He looked real bad vs BU on Sat and M C this weekend...

Dont be a pink hat

cavbim
11-09-2014, 10:28 AM

Why in god's name are you crapping on Parisi....of all the junior class I think he has made the most strides. Further he was not on the ice for any of the 3 Merrimack goals and he put 5 shots on goal.

Think when the package stores open go by yourself a really strong beverage and mellow out.

The Zlax45
11-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Why in god's name are you crapping on Parisi....of all the junior class I think he has made the most strides. Further he was not on the ice for any of the 3 Merrimack goals and he put 5 shots on goal.

Think when the package stores open go by yourself a really strong beverage and mellow out.

Really, do you forget that terrible D play he made where Eichel just made him stand still? He wasn't very good last night at all taking a penalty as he got on the wrong side of a Merrimack forward as PC was on a major PP at the end of regulation.

If you really think Merrimack had to play a single matchup last night, you are crazy...PC had maybe three decent scoring chances last night.

Yep, they will welcome Vermont to town which right now is near the top of the standings...

Players need to play better and being a "pink" hat is far from the truth...been following this team since the early 90's and remember that 2001-2002 team that this year's squad is reminding me of right now.

Hokydad
11-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Really, do you forget that terrible D play he made where Eichel just made him stand still? He wasn't very good last night at all.

If you really think Merrimack had to play a single matchup last night, you are crazy...PC had maybe three decent scoring chances last night.

Yep, they will welcome Vermont to town which right now is near the top of the standings...

Players need to play better and being a "pink" hat is far from the truth...been following this team since the early 90's and remember that 2001-2002 team that this year's squad is reminding me of right now.

You can fugyre it all out after 3 or 4 games? You should go work for the Bruins. They could have used you after their start.

Gilmour out hurt for months, Gillies had to take summer off, Acari back from injury, Parisi out with injury, Saracino out, Adamd played 7 gms in 2 years with injury, multiple freshmen playing key minutes

Relax.....

The Zlax45
11-09-2014, 11:22 AM
You can fugyre it all out after 3 or 4 games? You should go work for the Bruins. They could have used you after their start.

Gilmour out hurt for months, Gillies had to take summer off, Acari back from injury, Parisi out with injury, Saracino out, Adamd played 7 gms in 2 years with injury, multiple freshmen playing key minutes

Relax.....

Multiple freshmen? Where? Pinho and Walman are the only two playing and both of them are playing better than upper classmen.

Biggest issue is Jankowski and Mauermann giving this team nothing on offense.

boblav1
11-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Game highlights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztdUDGyhpY

Tough give away by Gillies on the game winner. I wonder if he expected a whistle on that play?

Jon
11-09-2014, 03:15 PM

You know things are bizarre when I'm the one not freaking out after a loss.

cavbim
11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
You know things are bizarre when I'm the one not freaking out after a loss.

Jon you get a chance make sure read the PC thread in the women's forum made reference to the infamous desevrings quote...

By the way if you want to panic there is your cause..12 games into the season and still looking for their initial win

cavbim
11-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Multiple freshmen? Where? Pinho and Walman are the only two playing and both of them are playing better than upper classmen.

Biggest issue is Jankowski and Mauermann giving this team nothing on offense.

Well not true freshmen but already many freshmen have more game experience than Monk. And an addition to both points Hokey mentioned Niko Rufo.....coming back from an injury that essentially cost him his freshmen year.

Maybe the 2 biggest first year people actually might be Miller and Mayotte. Basically the whole team is adjusting to new assistant coaches

73PCFriar
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Not ready to panic but there has to be high level of concern over the lack of offense and the pathetic power play from a team pre-season pick number one in the league. At least the penalty kill last night was good (with Gillies coming up big a few times).

Vermont comes in on a roll next weekend. Should be a decent crowd for Friday but Saturday could be a different story with bball team also playing first game of year. Suspect students will be at the Dunk.

PcFriars13
11-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Jon you get a chance make sure read the PC thread in the women's forum made reference to the infamous desevrings quote...

By the way if you want to panic there is your cause..12 games into the season and still looking for their initial win

oof, those poor girls...what happened this year?!

The Freds
11-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, this thread is starting to remind me of the Pooley years. I'm waiting for the first "fire Leaman" post. ;)

PC91
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Fire Leaman!!!

Ronnieb
11-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Mauerman
Saracino
Pinho
Luke
Tanev
Mingola
Demopoulis
Jankowski
Macfarland
Accari
Macphee
Ruffo
McKenzie
Gilmour
Florentino
Parisi
Adams
Walman
Monk
Ellis

They will find their identity and be very tough when it counts

Last week you were crapping on Gillies. He looked real bad vs BU on Sat and M C this weekend...

Dont be a pink hat

Plenty of speed, but not enough skill up front. No finishers. Also, it is a problem when an average sized freshman is your go to guy on defense. We will see, but Vermont is going to be a real problem.