This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    As a Sioux fan I would say it's not even Saturday yet... I would bet that the Friars won't be the same team we saw yesterday for tonight's game. The Ralph isn't the easiest place to play at, especially if you are not accustomed to playing in front of 10,000+ fans rooting against you.
    From a fan perspective though holy Hannah was it a fun place to watch a game. The fireworks were incredibly excessive but the atmosphere was just so fun.
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      Listening last night at least Mike felt both goalies got little help from the guys in front, not clearing pucks, not keeping guys from getting wide open shots....if you expect Gillies or Ellis to pull shutouts every night than you better find something else to root for. What about throwing some blame at the pathetic power play, 0-15 to start the season with very little threat of scoring.

Giving up on the season 3 games in seems a bit over board. Hopefully they will come back with more edge tonight.
      first goal from 60 feet away changed game tone and momentum. Tough one to let in

Gillues has never lost back to back at Providence. Will be interesting for sure

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Frankly, I think Tyler Sims was at fault for last night's defeat. Seems to me the Friars couldn't score when he was in goal either.

I just don't understand the rush to hang it all on our goalies. Providence took five penalties in the first period. There are supposed to be five guys skating in front of the goalie. Let's harp on that a bit.

PC scored one goal. Certainly that was Gillies fault. PC could not solve North Dakota last night and were outplayed in every facet of the game. By the third period (with Gillies on the bench) they looked tired for most of the period, but for a little rally near the end.

PC was 0 for 8 on the power play. ND was 2 for five.

I wouldn't say Gillies has played bad in big games, I would absolutely say those were team efforts.

To paraphrase Bill Belichick, PC has to make more plays on offense, PC has play better on defense, PC has to play better in goal and PC has to coach better.

Seems to me some people were grumbling all last season about Gillies, yet PC was one game away from the Frozen Four losing to the eventual national champion.

They will not win them all. They will stink the joint out some nights. And they will look like national champs on other nights.

There is my rant for the day. I expect a very different game tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          Frankly, I think Tyler Sims was at fault for last night's defeat. Seems to me the Friars couldn't score when he was in goal either.

I just don't understand the rush to hang it all on our goalies. Providence took five penalties in the first period. There are supposed to be five guys skating in front of the goalie. Let's harp on that a bit.

PC scored one goal. Certainly that was Gillies fault. PC could not solve North Dakota last night and were outplayed in every facet of the game. By the third period (with Gillies on the bench) they looked tired for most of the period, but for a little rally near the end.

PC was 0 for 8 on the power play. ND was 2 for five.

I wouldn't say Gillies has played bad in big games, I would absolutely say those were team efforts.

To paraphrase Bill Belichick, PC has to make more plays on offense, PC has play better on defense, PC has to play better in goal and PC has to coach better.

Seems to me some people were grumbling all last season about Gillies, yet PC was one game away from the Frozen Four losing to the eventual national champion.

They will not win them all. They will stink the joint out some nights. And they will look like national champs on other nights.

There is my rant for the day. I expect a very different game tonight.
          agreed 100%

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed it, the community takes a lot of pride in the arena and the team.

And yeah... the fireworks can scare the crap out of you if you're not ready for them.

But to echo others sentiments, I expect a different game tonight. Coming into the weekend I said Sioux win Friday tie Saturday and I have a feeling that Providence won't lay down for the 2nd game.

Go Sioux!

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            From a fan perspective though holy Hannah was it a fun place to watch a game. The fireworks were incredibly excessive but the atmosphere was just so fun.

Comment

Tonight might be the Friars' night. Hockey is a funny game--the difference between a little and a lot can be little.

Channeling Yogi.

Comment

It's early, but down 1-0 and the scoring thing still isn't happening.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Saracino ties it up just after I tuned in. Power play goal finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    It's early, but down 1-0 and the scoring thing still isn't happening.
                    Or is it?!?!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So PC gets its first power play goal of the season.

Comment

PC had 0 shots on goal in first 10 minutes of the second period. North Dakota scored once. Must all be the goalie's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                          PC had 0 shots on goal in first 10 minutes of the second period. North Dakota scored once. Must all be the goalie's fault.
                          Low tire pressure? Gillies.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

PC Power Play goal by Saracino was on a 5 on 3 power play opportunity

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Low tire pressure? Gillies.
                              2 GA on 15 shots...
                              Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-25-2014, 08:47 PM.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                                And yeah... the fireworks can scare the crap out of you if you're not ready for them.
                                Haha after the first goal I turned to my friend and was like "uhhh you could have mentioned that...." but it was so cool! I've been a Sioux fan for a while now and I'm really happy I got the opportunity to make it out to the Ralph. (Even though I'm rooting for my Friars.)
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X