Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...-by-gentlemans

Like I said, the " haves" in college hockey are unhappy that the have not's are getting kids who they think should be theirs. BC, Wisconsin, Minnesota and others, are unlikely to abide by the agreement.
    This disgusts me to tell the truth. What they are saying to me is this. "We reserve the right to over recruit, and to tell a kid that we have a spot for him when we don't, because we might at some future time have one." Then they get mad when other schools recruit more players than they need and that kid, who they didn't have room for, they can't have now.

I think what it comes down to is that some of the better recruits are no longer choosing Minnesota or Wisconsin, or fill in the blank, and those coaches are on the hot seat to win so much so that they will stab anyone in the back to do so.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Like I said, the " haves" in college hockey are unhappy that the have not's are getting kids who they think should be theirs. BC, Wisconsin, Minnesota and others, are unlikely to abide by the agreement.
      This disgusts me to tell the truth. What they are saying to me is this. "We reserve the right to over recruit, and to tell a kid that we have a spot for him when we don't, because we might at some future time have one." Then they get mad when other schools recruit more players than they need and that kid, who they didn't have room for, they can't have now.
      Welcome to college football.

Comment

BSU had a verbal from Jason Ford last year and now he has verbaled with Wisconsin. But I will admit that I am not sure how it all went down. Just all seems very "fishy" now that these statements have come out.

And yes, I know his father is a former Badger and his brother has committed to Wisconsin also.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I just want to shoot whoever is in charge of the WCHA twitter feed. Half the time they make a mistake and when they don't...they aren't even posting about current WCHA teams. Today, they RT'd a post from @UNDSID about UND men's hockey announcing their captain for next season. I called them out on it saying UND isn't in the WCHA anymore...they said the women's team is and I responded with, "that isn't about the women's team." The tweets have since been deleted...apparently they assumed Stephane Pattyn was a girl. MORONS
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I just want to shoot whoever is in charge of the WCHA twitter feed. Half the time they make a mistake and when they don't...they aren't even posting about current WCHA teams. Today, they RT'd a post from @UNDSID about UND men's hockey announcing their captain for next season. I called them out on it saying UND isn't in the WCHA anymore...they said the women's team is and I responded with, "that isn't about the women's team." The tweets have since been deleted...apparently they assumed Stephane Pattyn was a girl. MORONS
            They need to clean house. You should bring it up with the new commish. He seems like a guy that wouldn't want this kind of BS going on in his organization.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

To be fair, I had to reread the name to see that there wasn't an "i" in Stephane.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                To be fair, I had to reread the name to see that there wasn't an "i" in Stephane.
                I understand the mix up but at the same time, it just irritates me to know when the original tweet is a RT of UNDSID and mentions UNDMHockey...not UNDWHockey. What I wouldn't give to be involved with the PR of the WCHA. They have so much to learn, hopefully the new guy has some turnover in that department.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I understand the mix up but at the same time, it just irritates me to know when the original tweet is a RT of UNDSID and mentions UNDMHockey...not UNDWHockey. What I wouldn't give to be involved with the PR of the WCHA. They have so much to learn, hopefully the new guy has some turnover in that department.
                  I get that. Just poking a little fun at uND and their French Canadian names.

I know how much this league means to you guys so in really, really hoping they get it turned around.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Resubscribed
                    Code:

Comment

Shout out to the Fairbanks Ice Dogs for winning the NAHL Robertson Cup. They did so with 10 D-1 commits, five of whom are committed to WCHA schools.

http://m.collegehockeyinc.com/node/855
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I wonder if the other teams in the NAHL spend a good portion of their spare time *****ing about having to travel to Fairbanks.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

What ever happened to the staffers/interns the CCHA had their final two seasons? The WCHA needed to reach out to them and failed on that effort. (Or, maybe they did contact them, and they declined.)

Either way, there needs to be an improvement on that front. It's pretty sad when there are some stellar Twitter follows throughout the league team wise, but having one central hub to re-tweet and interact would help boost the brand.

Here's hoping the new guy's background in marketing means a clean start.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Along with the streaming media, I wonder if the WCHA front office has had any communication with the new Michigan Entertainment Sports channel to get a game a week broadcast.

They're ambitious, recently signing a 40 game HD broadcast contract with the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins.
                            http://griffinshockey.com/news/relea...rticle_id=2832

They're shooting to be seen in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and considering that would cover MTU, NMU, LSSU, FSU, and BGSU, that could be a great fit for the WCHA.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Along with the streaming media, I wonder if the WCHA front office has had any communication with the new Michigan Entertainment Sports channel to get a game a week broadcast.

They're ambitious, recently signing a 40 game HD broadcast contract with the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins.
                              http://griffinshockey.com/news/relea...rticle_id=2832

They're shooting to be seen in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and considering that would cover MTU, NMU, LSSU, FSU, and BGSU, that could be a great fit for the WCHA.
                              They should be investigating that, especially if the new MES channel ends up being part of typical expanded cable packages at the regional level (i.e. - not in the sports pack).

Comment

Just checked their Linked-In page, they're nothing short of ambitious:
                                MES aims to be Michigan's complete sports network, launching in the fall of 2014. We are going to be a 24-7 sports television network in the mold of ESPN or Fox Sports, but with something a little different. Our entire focus will be on sports in Michigan, and not just the pro teams in Detroit or the Big Ten colleges. No, MES will focus heavily on the state's exciting minor league teams, it's smaller colleges and the MHSAA high school teams. We will also blend in our own, Michigan-based original programming, whether it's a daily live sports newscast, a big sailboat race on one of Michigan's Great Lakes or an equestrian event in the state's heartland. MES will cover sports across the state, taking advantage of all that Michigan has to offer.
                                http://www.linkedin.com/company/mich...ainment-sports

Curious as to their financial stability; signing a three year deal with the Griffins and their stated goals of covering not so popular sporting events (doesn't say live or taped, but likely taped for most sports). I'm in support of them, and hope that the WCHA can get a "game of the week" at least broadcast.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X