X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA, 2014 Offseason: See-ya, Bruce

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    Freddie's Pipe Dream

3 separate 6-team conferences, each with their own auto-bid.
    Call them whatever you like.

Conf A: BG, WMU, Miami, Ferris, LSSU, Huntsville
    Conf B: Mankato, NMU, MTU, Duluth, St Cloud, Fairbanks
    Conf C: CC, Denver, Omaha, NoDak, Bemidji, Anchorage

Play each opponent in your own conference 4x (20 games) then either 1 opponent from each of the other conferences 2x (one home series, one away) for a 24 game schedule, OR 2 opponents from each of the other conferences 2x, for a 28 game schedule. All games among members of the three conferences count as conference games.

Conference by-laws include:
    $50,000 fine to any school that accepts B1G contracts without 1-1 or 2-2 reciprocation.
    1 million dollar exit fee
    No shootouts

Each conference has their own tournament, the semis and finals are held together at the same location.
    First round; 1&2 get byes, 6@3, 5@4, best of 3
    Now all 3 come to wherever (Chicago, Milwaukee, St Louis, you name it)
    Conf A; semis Friday 130 and 5pm
    Conf B; semis Fri 830pm and Sat 130pm
    Conf C; semis Sat 5 and 830pm

Championship games Sunday A 130, B 500, C 830

Rotate start times on a three year cycle.

Call it College Hockey Nirvana.
    Minor change would be needed. With the championship weekend, you would have to go Thursday, Friday, Saturday as the NCAA does their selection/seeding on Sunday. I don't think they would want to wait until 11:30 Sunday night to take care of that.

Or have Championship Weekend a week earlier than usual.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Please do share. I have yet to see a "geographic discriminatio" suit. If you file a suit that says UAF & UAA must be in the same conference because they are the nearest geographic rivals, then could UAB sue the SEC so they could be in with their nearest rival in Tuscaloosa?

A key factor would be the contract between the league and those schools. Has the WCHA contractually agreed to provide a home to those teams for a certain number of years and are the other 8 teams obligated to the conference for a certain number of years.

And if such a suit were viable, why hasn't it been filed in the time since those schools were originally split into the WCHA and CCHA after the dissolution of the Great West?
      You have read words but not processed their meanings. Do you have a wife? Does she often tell you that you aren't listening to her even though you heard every word she said? Wouldn't surprise me.

Nothing you've asked here pertains to ANYTHING I posted. NOTHING. I didn't say there were cases about "geographic discrimination" ... never used those words .. yet you put them in quotation marks as if I had. What a load of disingenuous crap. Did you do that on purpose? Or are you really just that thick?

I said nothing like
      UAF & UAA must be in the same conference ...
      . I'm effing talking about member schools abrogating an existing agreement. I will not explain it again. Go back and read it if you want. Or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        You have read words but not processed their meanings. Do you have a wife? Does she often tell you that you aren't listening to her even though you heard every word she said? Wouldn't surprise me.

Nothing you've asked here pertains to ANYTHING I posted. NOTHING. I didn't say there were cases about "geographic discrimination" ... never used those words .. yet you put them in quotation marks as if I had. What a load of disingenuous crap. Did you do that on purpose? Or are you really just that thick?

I said nothing like . I'm effing talking about member schools abrogating an existing agreement. I will not explain it again. Go back and read it if you want. Or not.
        Apparently you missed a paragraph: "A key factor would be the contract between the league and those schools. Has the WCHA contractually agreed to provide a home to those teams for a certain number of years and are the other 8 teams obligated to the conference for a certain number of years."

Those quotes are on my post.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Do you have a wife? Does she often tell you that you aren't listening to her even though you heard every word she said? Wouldn't surprise me.
          Seriously . . . this is the level of discussion??? I'm outta here . . . maybe things will be better in the fall. Have good summers everyone!

Comment

I said nothing like . I'm effing talking about member schools abrogating an existing agreement. I will not explain it again. Go back and read it if you want. Or not.
            Well then just offer those universities the $$$ to back that lawsuit. I'm betting you lose. And I'd put a very large wager on "you lose." Oh, check back, you've either used the phrase "geographic discrimination" or made reference to the concept. You make our Truth Squad look brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
              Well then just offer those universities the $$$ to back that lawsuit. I'm betting you lose. And I'd put a very large wager on "you lose." Oh, check back, you've either used the phrase "geographic discrimination" or made reference to the concept. You make our Truth Squad look brilliant.
              What part of that this is some highly speculative discussion about future events are you missing?

Person A says "blah blah" about Topic #1.
              Person B says "Ya blah blah right on" about Topic #1.
              Person C says "Hey no way blah blah" about Topic #1 and states their reasons.
              Person A says "BLAH!!1!! blah blah blah cos blah"
              Person C says "Delightful ... but since Blah blah blah..."
              Person A/Person C says "Lather, Rinse, Repeat."
              Person D says "Hey person A/C you're the biggest **** to ever walk the planet because Yada yada yada is hrrumph hrrumph hrrumph."

Never be the D.

Comment

What part of that this is some highly speculative discussion about future events are you missing?

Person A says "blah blah" about Topic #1.
                Person B says "Ya blah blah right on" about Topic #1.
                Person C says "Hey no way blah blah" about Topic #1 and states their reasons.
                Person A says "BLAH!!1!! blah blah blah cos blah"
                Person C says "Delightful ... but since Blah blah blah..."
                Person A/Person C says "Lather, Rinse, Repeat."
                Person D says "Hey person A/C you're the biggest **** to ever walk the planet because Yada yada yada is hrrumph hrrumph hrrumph."

Never be the D.
                Find someone to take that suit
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Find someone to take that suit
                  Ok.

Comment

Re-alignment is so last year, seriously. Snore.
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                      If I remember correctly, the biggest hangup during the talks with the 4 from AHA was their concern with travel. Specifically to the U.P. and Alaska. ).
                      Does anyone want play in Alaska or the UP?

Comment

An interesting article from Kevin Gordon.

http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...nding-04-02-14
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Remarkably candid. Usually, you only get "Boy, if a couple of bounces had went the other way..." articles at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

1. His comments about incoming recruits really surprised me. We're not into the April NLI period yet, are we? No one at UAH will say "boo" about incoming recruits, not even to me on the phone where it's not on the record. I know who's coming, and I have my expectations as to what they can do, but I'm not going to ask them until NLIs are in hand. I guess that I could ask them about Max McHugh.

2. Noticeably absent in the discussion of discussion was Latvian Olympian Ralfs Freibergs.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM,

The player mentioned in Kevin Gordon's article signed his letter of intent last spring therefore Coach Bergeron is able to discuss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                                GFM,

The player mentioned in Kevin Gordon's article signed his letter of intent last spring therefore Coach Bergeron is able to discuss him.
                                Well, multiple players were mentioned. I guess that I'm just not familiar with their NLI signing patterns.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X