Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica - Oswego game in Carrier Dome in Nov.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica - Oswego game in Carrier Dome in Nov.

Hockey day in the Carrier Dome? UC/OSU game would be part of the festivities.

Sounds like it's almost a done deal...
    Last edited by jcase; 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM.

Re: Utica - Oswego game in Carrier Dome in Nov.

Sounds pretty cool! I live like five minutes away from the Carrier Dome, so I'd definitely make it!

Comment

They packed 21,000 into the state fairgrounds for a freezing cold outdoor game. This is brilliant. You get Crunch and Comets fans, then throw in several thousand more Lakers/Pios fans, plus the SU women...and you've got potentially 30,000 in the Dome for this. And everyone stays warm. Could be a really great time.

Comment

Not clear from the article if all this happens on the same day - talking multiple games - perhaps a long weekend? How did Rochester do their outdoor festivities last year?
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Not clear from the article if all this happens on the same day - talking multiple games - perhaps a long weekend?
          Based upon this quote I had assumed they'd all be the same day.

"Dolgon said most of the tickets would be in the $20-$30 range, with one ticket covering all of the contests on game day."

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
            Based upon this quote I had assumed they'd all be the same day.

"Dolgon said most of the tickets would be in the $20-$30 range, with one ticket covering all of the contests on game day."
            Agreed. You're talking 4 games. You could start the charity game at 11. The SU Women play at 1. Lakers/Pios at 4. Crunch/Comets at 7.

It can be done, but it's a long day of hockey.

If it takes a week to get set up, why have all the games in one day? You could play a few HS games (are the HS kids playing in Nov?) Friday. SU Women/Lakers on Saturday. Crunch on Sunday.

Either way, this is a good thing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              Not clear from the article if all this happens on the same day - talking multiple games - perhaps a long weekend? How did Rochester do their outdoor festivities last year?
              Spread out over a span of about 10 days

AHL game on the first Friday, D1 games the next day, D3/junior hockey/alumni game the next day, HS games the following weekend
              WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

No one in Oswego that I reached out to - and you can guess who I contacted - knows anything about this....just sayin'.
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                  Spread out over a span of about 10 days

AHL game on the first Friday, D1 games the next day, D3/junior hockey/alumni game the next day, HS games the following weekend
                  There's no way that can/will work. This isn't a baseball stadium that's unused starting in October. It's the Carrier Dome. SU football is still playing (early in the month). You have HS football playoffs, SU basketball is getting started up. They aren't going to build a rink and leave it for 10 days. And they aren't going to sell 1 ticket to go to all of those events spread out over that long a time. Would it be nice if they could? Sure. But not in the dome.

Comment

Don't forget a Colgate vs Cornell D1 game.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                    X