Nic Dowd, St. Cloud State
Ryan Dzingel, Ohio State
Johnny Gaudreau, Boston College
Shayne Gostisbehere, Union
Kevin Hayes, Boston College
CJ Motte, Ferris State
Joel Rumpel, Wisconsin
Adam Wilcox, Minnesota

No Hellebuyck or Brittain?! Really?! ***?

r

cetihcra
03-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Seems the voters relied heavily on goalie win % in deciding the three tenders on the list....totally a team stat! Heck, CJ Motte is 17th and 13th in GAA and SV% respectively. I hope he's a 4.0 student and cured cancer in his free time, otherwise he has no business being on this list.

r

MavHockey14
03-28-2014, 03:56 PM
The list is irrelevant.

It should read:

Everyone else, best of luck in the race for the 2015 Hobey Baker Award.

cetihcra
03-28-2014, 04:03 PM
The list is irrelevant.

It should read:

Everyone else, best of luck in the race for the 2015 Hobey Baker Award.

Totally agree, but it's still an honor to be listed. My Hobey Hattrick would be Archibald, Gaudreau, and Hellebuyck. Except, wait for it, Helle isn't even top-10?

r

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Dave starman's top 10 looks like this:

1-10 Nic dowd.

Red Cows
03-28-2014, 04:34 PM

1-10 Nic dowd.

And I submit that there are many, many posters here than have seen far more college hockey this season than Dave Starman has, judging by some of the asinine comments he made about this topic, and others, during the telecasts of the NCHC playoff games.

cetihcra
03-28-2014, 04:34 PM

1-10 Nic dowd.

I'm pretty sure Starman's ballot included Phil Kessel, so there's that. :D

r

FiveHole12
03-30-2014, 10:09 PM

1-10 Nic dowd.
Are there 2 Nic Dowd's? I can only find one, and he's tied for 30th nationally in scoring, with 38 GP, 22 G, 18 A, 40 Pts, 1.05 Pts/Gm. Or is this Starman's nephew?

If he wants to give it to a dark horse, how about #48 ranked Jesse Root at Yale?
30 GP, 14 G, 23 A, 37 Pts., 1.23 Pts/Gm. Those Pts/Gm would vault him up to a tie for #18th.

J.D.
03-30-2014, 10:13 PM
starman "doesn't care anymore"

Slap Shot
03-30-2014, 10:19 PM
As much as I'd love for Wilcox to win it, JG is the man this year.

Dirty
03-30-2014, 10:24 PM
It's quite amusing how butthurt BC fans are because one guy isn't fondling the balls of Gaudreau.

mnstate0fhockey
03-30-2014, 10:26 PM
It's quite amusing how butthurt BC fans are because one guy isn't fondling the balls of Gaudreau.

It is indeed.

J.D.
03-30-2014, 10:44 PM
i'd rather not think about anybody fondling gaudreau's balls. the only amusing aspect of this is seeing a so called professional, a guy who represents college hockey make a foolish comment and then proceed to trot out the old "i don't care anymore" except with more colorful language.

Hockeybuckeye
03-30-2014, 10:44 PM
I don't think Dzingle will be around next year to be on the list again. Nothing decided yet but rumor has it he'll leave school and sign.

state of hockey
03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Johnny Gaudreau, nine other dudes. Soon to be Johnny Gaudreau, two other dudes.

mnstate0fhockey
03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
i'd rather not think about anybody fondling gaudreau's balls. the only amusing aspect of this is seeing a so called professional, a guy who represents college hockey make a foolish comment and then proceed to trot out the old "i don't care anymore" except with more colorful language.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal if one guy doesn't think JG is the front runner to win the award. It's not like he said anything negative about JG.

That said, you guys disagreed with his opinion and let him know that. That's fine, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same in your position.

But you have to let it go. He knows you disagree with him. We all know you disagree with him. JG is going to win the Hobey. He deserves to win the Hobey. One guy's opinion on the subject, and what he's saying now in the face of the backlash isn't worth getting worked up about IMO.

Not trying to bust your balls. I get what you're saying. Just let it go and enjoy the great season your team is having man. That's all I'm saying :)

mnstate0fhockey
03-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Johnny Gaudreau, nine other dudes. Soon to be Johnny Gaudreau, two other dudes.

Then Johnny Gaudreau and no other dudes.

It really isn't even close. Ryan Potulny put up some sick numbers in '06' and didn't win it, but Carle put up some sick numbers as a defenseman that year, so can't say Potulny got jobbed. If Gaudreau doesn't win it this year, it will be the dis of the century.

Dude Love
04-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Hey...so the Hobey Hat Trick was announcd today.

Greg Carey, St. Lawrence
Nic Dowd, St. Cloud State

I'm not sure who Ryan Lambert is (apparently he's one of those supposed "writers" for Yahoo), but if you look at his Twitter feed he is SUPER butthurt about Dowd being there. Likely because he's from Boston and he's scared of another "lowly" SCSU player beating Johnny Hockey. I don't necessarily think Dowd will win, but what does it matter to this guy which other two players are there?

(Yeah, I thought it would be Gaudreau, Dowd, and Wilcox)

shiftyjedi
04-03-2014, 06:40 AM
Are there 2 Nic Dowd's? I can only find one, and he's tied for 30th nationally in scoring, with 38 GP, 22 G, 18 A, 40 Pts, 1.05 Pts/Gm. Or is this Starman's nephew?

If he wants to give it to a dark horse, how about #48 ranked Jesse Root at Yale?
30 GP, 14 G, 23 A, 37 Pts., 1.23 Pts/Gm. Those Pts/Gm would vault him up to a tie for #18th.

Got to give Starman props, I doubt Dowd was a hat trick guy before Starman pumped him up.

Nick Papagiorgio
04-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Got to give Starman props, I doubt Dowd was a hat trick guy before Starman pumped him up.

I agree with this. Dowd gets a free trip to Philadelphia and should buy Starman dinner out there. Good for him.