Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: BC vs Denver, Lowell vs Mankato

Minnesota State Mavericks Line Chart
    NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal vs U-MASS Lowell.

21 Chase Grant - 18 Matt Leitner - 9 Bryce Gervais
    25 Zach Stepan - 23 Teddy Blueger - 22 Jonny McInnis
    12 JP Lafontaine - 26 Dylan Margonari - 19 Zach Lehrke
    24 Brett Knowles - 17 Michael Huntebrinker - 8 Max Gaede

27 Brett Stern 7 Zach Palmquist
    28 Jon Jutzi 6 Casey Nelson
    11 Sean Flanagan 3 Blake Thompson

34 Cole Huggins
    35 Stephon Williams
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

mavericks should be pretty pleased so far outside of the worst PP in history

Comment

very impressed with minnesota state. don't look like a great defensive team but they have a very good transition game and like to attack. did everything but tie the game. good goaltending as well.

Comment

Congrats to MSU-Mankato on a great season. Good luck to Mass-Lowell. Great game. Great effort by both teams.
          "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Oh, oh. BC's only chance was a Minn. State win. Our Eagles are screwed now!
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Great game against a great Lowell team. This team only has four seniors, and should be really good next year. Dammit. I'll do my postseason thread later.
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Oh, oh. BC's only chance was a Minn. State win. Our Eagles are screwed now!
                Nah. You'll beat Lowell and Union, and ND will beat SCSU tonight, Minny tomorrow and then NoDak in the semis. Then you're screwed.
                (Actually, that scenario is pretty far fetched -- but would make for a compelling final, wouldn't it?)
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                  Nah. You'll beat Lowell
                  BC has one line. Lowell has FOUR SECOND LINES!
                  That's 3 guys against 12. Nine of our guys might as well stay home. Lowell will eat their lunch. We're screwed.
                  I'm still trying to figure out how BC is even here.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Nice job by Minnesota State of putting us off our game and keeping things very tight and nerve-wracking. You guys did your program proud and I'm counting Lowell as very lucky tonight.

If we play like that against BC tomorrow, BC may have another cakewalk on their hands. That being said, we're one game closer to Philly.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      Nice job by Minnesota State of putting us off our game and keeping things very tight and nerve-wracking. You guys did your program proud and I'm counting Lowell as very lucky tonight.

If we play like that against BC tomorrow, BC may have another cakewalk on their hands.
                      and there's the very definition of a backhanded compliment. "A good team will beat us badly if we play that bad again."
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        and there's the very definition of a backhanded compliment. "A good team will beat us badly if we play that bad again."
                        and you'll find most of us in agreement
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          I understand the angst, but BC was on another level today. Yeah, Denver is no world beater, but they put a top 3 goalie in the country on the bench to end his career.
                          AF 99

Comment

if that bc team shows up and lowell is on their game, should be a game worthy of a national title game, let alone a quarterfinal.

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                              nah. You'll beat lowell and union, and nd will beat scsu tonight, minny tomorrow and then nodak in the semis. then you're screwed.
                              (actually, that scenario is pretty far fetched -- but would make for a compelling final, wouldn't it?)
                              no

Comment

I think all any of us can hope for is that the game lives up to it's potential.

The no. 1 offense vs. the no. 1 defense.

The best goal scorer in the country vs. the best goaltender in the country.

Whoever comes out of the region to face Union will certainly be battled tested and worthy.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X