PDA

View Full Version : East Regional- Union vs Vermont & Quinnipiac vs Providence

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

Wholin1
03-30-2014, 10:11 AM
RPI troll trashing Union
Oops, deleted my post instead of editing. Anyway, i guess some things never change.

jericho
03-30-2014, 10:16 AM
RPI troll trashing Union

So calling out the actions of the fans whnever someone makes dissenting opinions is now trolling. Got it.

BTW, there's a diffference between "fans" and "team."

jcarter7669
03-30-2014, 10:20 AM
So calling out the actions of the fans whnever someone makes dissenting opinions is now trolling. Got it.

If you are a Union Homer it is. They are the best team ever and it is so clear that if you think they aren't you must be trying to start a flamefest. Even Hokydope knows how good they are. BC is a one trick pony and Union will expose them... right Hoky...

Dutchfan
03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
BigAl is a Quinnipiac fan, not like that would be any reason to stop the Union fan bashing.

jcarter7669
03-30-2014, 10:31 AM
time will tell. only thing i kniw for sure is vt sucks and has no discipline. worst team in tournament.

looked like a club team vs Union

Considering the source I will take that as a huge compliment...

Sure, they were a 4 seed and for a reason... but if you think they are worse then RM then you are crazier then even I suspected. And lets not forget, they played PC tougher then QU did, they played BC tougher then DU did... but what are actual results when compared to the Hokydope Eyeball Test.

jericho
03-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Dutchfan, I have no problem with you, Wholin1, Rolevio, aweise and a few others (who don't really post here anymore. This is what started my responses,

Yep, I can agree with the uvm comment...but PC was shut down by union's system today.
IMO, Union is a soft team that will get exposed by BC or UML

So Friar Fan, last year Union wiped the floor with your beloved BC and the year before beat one of the most physical teams I have ever seen play, the 2011 UML Squad. This Union team is bigger and tougher. Maybe you are so used to seeing so many "goon squads" play that you have forgotten what good hockey looks like. By the way, the ECAC has some of the biggest and toughest teams in College Hockey. Try scheduling Cornell some time. In terms of "exposing" didn't you loose to Connecticut and Air Force? So you were 1-2 against the AHA. Talk about "soft".

Its only out of respect for your coach and your fans that I will refrain myself further.

Here's a fan of a different team who just stated his opinion, and then he gets an uncalled for response. And, I have no idea if BC or Lowell will expose Union, not having seen them play I can't make a response either way. You guys are certainly quick to defend your team, which is certainly your right, while simultaneously trashing other teams, but yet when a fan of that team defends their team, OMG, how dare we do that.

johnk
03-30-2014, 10:37 AM
If you are a Union Homer it is. They are the best team ever and it is so clear that if you think they aren't you must be trying to start a flamefest. Even Hokydope knows how good they are. BC is a one trick pony and Union will expose them... right Hoky...

The only difference between this Union team and the Union team that ******ed all over BC in last years regional is that this Union team is a little deeper and a little faster. Personally I think UML presents a different and tougher challenge to Union's style, when compared to BC.

Not that it belongs here but for someone that has followed RPI and Union hockey since Union was D-III, it s tough to argue with Union's recent success and RPI's recent woes. These things tend to be cyclical and I'm sure RPI will do their best to try to turn their program around. Union is on a unprecedented roll and to watch them play their style to perfection is extremely impressive. Fans in the CD should appreciate this because these types of performances do not come along that often to programs that have D-III administrations and resources. I was lucky enough to enjoy it in the mid 80's and feel lucky enough to enjoy it now. Good luck to Union.

Hokydad
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Considering the source I will take that as a huge compliment...

Sure, they were a 4 seed and for a reason... but if you think they are worse then RM then you are crazier then even I suspected. And lets not forget, they played PC tougher then QU did, they played BC tougher then DU did... but what are actual results when compared to the Hokydope Eyeball Test.

they were awesome vs lowell in qtr finals, different team vs union.. not prepared, bad penalties

The Zlax45
03-30-2014, 12:09 PM
So Friar Fan, last year Union wiped the floor with your beloved BC and the year before beat one of the most physical teams I have ever seen play, the 2011 UML Squad. This Union team is bigger and tougher. Maybe you are so used to seeing so many "goon squads" play that you have forgotten what good hockey looks like. By the way, the ECAC has some of the biggest and toughest teams in College Hockey. Try scheduling Cornell some time. In terms of "exposing" didn't you loose to Connecticut and Air Force? So you were 1-2 against the AHA. Talk about "soft".

Its only out of respect for your coach and your fans that I will refrain myself further.

The soft comment is from what we saw union do against uvm which was embarrassing to the sport.

jcarter7669
03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
they were awesome vs lowell in qtr finals, different team vs union.. not prepared, bad penalties

I disagree... they played a physical style but the on ice officials thought it was the women's tourney and union put their drama class skills to good use. I mean how many sticks did they drop there were 3 penalties because every little whack to the arm resulted in Union's guys throwing their sticks on the ice? Brickley's penalty was a terrible call... shoulder to shoulder hit into the boards... Game would have been much different if we had the QU and PC officials. You could argue UVM should have adapted but they didn't really have the choice, they weren't going to win a run and gun game and the refs wouldn't allow them to slow down the pace and get physcial.

jcarter7669
03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
The soft comment is from what we saw union do against uvm which was embarrassing to the sport.

This doesn't even make sense... not with the original comment.

maineiac
03-30-2014, 12:26 PM
hey did you know that union doesn't give "scholarships"???

And that they have a guy they call "the ghost"???

UML
03-30-2014, 12:59 PM
And that they have a guy they call "the ghost"???

Sounds spooky

Hokydad
03-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I disagree... they played a physical style but the on ice officials thought it was the women's tourney and union put their drama class skills to good use. I mean how many sticks did they drop there were 3 penalties because every little whack to the arm resulted in Union's guys throwing their sticks on the ice? Brickley's penalty was a terrible call... shoulder to shoulder hit into the boards... Game would have been much different if we had the QU and PC officials. You could argue UVM should have adapted but they didn't really have the choice, they weren't going to win a run and gun game and the refs wouldn't allow them to slow down the pace and get physcial.

you could have had uvm mothers ref the game and score would have been the same

it was like they were playing a club team.

Hokydad
03-30-2014, 01:09 PM

time will tell. only thing i kniw for sure is vt sucks and has no discipline. worst team in tournament.

maineiac
03-30-2014, 01:10 PM
I hope we get another shot at BC.

Likewise, after last year I'm sure they're hoping to get another shot at you as well. Could be great theater if it in fact happens!

jericho
03-30-2014, 01:13 PM

You already said this. No discipline is your coach punching a student athlete in the head.

Likewise, after last year I'm sure they're hoping to get another shot at you as well. Could be great theater if it in fact happens!

THAT will be a flamefest that will probably bring this board to a screeching halt.

The Zlax45
03-30-2014, 01:14 PM
This doesn't even make sense... not with the original comment.

The acting and diving from union in that uvm game was unbelievable...they don't commit penalties ever since they are far from physical. Saw about 40 hockey games this year, and didn't see a team softer in the corners than union.

We will see who is right in two weeks :-)

maineiac
03-30-2014, 01:15 PM
No one has said it so I will...BC is a one line team and everyone on here knows it.

Ya but what a line.......YIKES!!!

johnk
03-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Great press for Gotisbehere during Bruins/Flyers game just now. People seem to be hard on Pierre and Doc but they do a great job promoting college hockey and I honestly have no problem with the job they do. Especially after listening to the buffoons ESPN dragged out this weekend.