Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional- Union vs Vermont & Quinnipiac vs Providence

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    well the cats got what they deserved, not a strong performance at all. Hamilton had a terrible game, and what the hell was that 4-1...

this paragraph deleted

either way vermont needed to bring their a game and they should up with a b- at best.
    FYP.

And sorry for your loss. But Union was the better team, just as UML was the better team in the HE finals last weekend.
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Wow, we got our heads handed to us today. We were dominated like I've not seen us dominated any time this year. Really disappointing effort, but congrats to Union, you guys deserved it.
      Agreed. Not going to go far with a 1 line team. Let's see if they can build on this next year even with the loss of McCarthy. Really dislike the Bridgeport facility. Tiny ice sheet and the puck seemed to be bouncing around on both teams. Can't the NCAA do any better?

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
        FYP.

And sorry for your loss. But Union was the better team, just as UML was the better team in the HE finals last weekend.
        I didn't say they weren't. I just said it's sad when the refs affect the outcome of the game, and that Union is not that impressive. Delete the paragraph if you wish, and dig a hole in the sand and stick your head in it for all I care. Union will NOT win a National Championship this year unless it's handed to them by the officials.

Mark it down.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I think Providence just took a 2 goal lead. Come on Friars, win this one!
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Some saves by the goaltenders early in game 2.
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
            12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              I think Providence just took a 2 goal lead. Come on Friars, win this one!
              The Friars may not have many fans but the Bobcats have 2 entire conferences rooting against them.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                The Friars may not have many fans but the Bobcats have 2 entire conferences rooting against them.
                No doubt, there are many valid reasons as to why.
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

loving this 2nd game so far...physical play on both sides

Comment

Let's go Friars!
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

looked to me like providence has a decent amount of fans there

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        loving this 2nd game so far...physical play on both sides
                        I haven't seen much of Providence at all this year but they certainly look like a Lehman team. As far as QU is concerned, I've seen them as more dirty than physical this year (and in the past 4-5) but they're relatively clean so far.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Nah. Yale (for obvious reasons) and SLU's USCHO posters loathe Q, but to the rest of us they're just another ECAC squad who we'll support in the NC$$.

Great win by U today. I hope to see an all-ECAC regional final.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                            I haven't seen much of Providence at all this year but they certainly look like a Lehman team. As far as QU is concerned, I've seen them as more dirty than physical this year (and in the past 4-5) but they're relatively clean so far.
                            The physicality and hitting in this game is quite the step up from the first game. Lot of fun to watch so far. Little bit of a long first period.

Providence's goal was a great reward for outstanding hustle. F1 forechecked hard and completely picked the pocket of the QU defender. He fired a pass to a guy in the corner who immediately centered it back door to the net to a wide open teammate who banged it home. Great play.

PC almost went up 2-0 after they played with four guys on the ice for a good 10-15 seconds before realizing it. Then once they did Tanev hopped on the ice and was sprung on a breakaway. Great save by QU goalie to keep it 1-0 and then the his rebound attempt from the corner never crossed the line after video review.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Nah. Yale (for obvious reasons) and SLU's USCHO posters loathe Q, but to the rest of us they're just another ECAC squad who we'll support in the NC$$.

Great win by U today. I hope to see an all-ECAC regional final.
                              I don't think you'll find any Clarkson fans rooting for QU. I'd even root for Cornell (and hold my nose) before rooting for QU.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

I don't think you'll find any Clarkson fans rooting for QU. I'd even root for Cornell (and hold my nose) before rooting for QU.
                                That's saying something.

(I think I'd root for Clarkson over every other non-Cornell team in the NC$$s.)

I can't imagine rooting against an ECAC team in the NC$$. "The wogs begin at Calais."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X