• Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional - Minnesota/Robert Morris & St. Cloud State/Notre Dame

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    **** you and your technicalities...
    That would be a disadvantage.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      As someone that often agrees with you, are his efforts really any different than yours?
      Dang, I hate that!
      Last edited by burd; 03-28-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

There were a few of us RMU supporters at one point. We're still around, but have migrated to twitter for the most part. When the CHA closed, along with it closed the thread we all participated in, noting new emerged in Atlantic Hockey along similar lines.
        Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man; 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM. Reason: In response to let us know if RMU fans are out there

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post

If people were really genuine about trying to determine the strength of programs throughout their history, they'd look above and beyond just national championships all together.

In a one and done playoff format the best team in the tourney doesn't always win. The Gophers themselves have a few national championships they should feel lucky to have won (1974 and 1976), but many more instances where they likely would have won in a best of scenario. I'm sure many of the major programs around the country could say the same.
          Very true. Being in the NCAA tourney consistently ought to be a big source of pride for the programs that accomplish this on any sort of a regular basis. If you do that, further success is inevitable at some point.

I grew up in Kansas City and I am a huge Royals fan (note, I am old enough to have seen every year of their existence, I was 10 years old in 1969). The Royals won the World Series in 1985, but, this was far from the best team they ever sent to the playoffs.

If you go to the prom every year, sooner or later you might just get a dance with the prom queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Very true. Being in the NCAA tourney consistently ought to be a big source of pride for the programs that accomplish this on any sort of a regular basis. If you do that, further success is inevitable at some point.

I grew up in Kansas City and I am a huge Royals fan (note, I am old enough to have seen every year of their existence, I was 10 years old in 1969). The Royals won the World Series in 1985, but, this was far from the best team they ever sent to the playoffs.

If you go to the prom every year, sooner or later you might just get a dance with the prom queen.
            Well said.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

I tease about it, but I frankly don't understand fans who are fixated on the NCs. I am just grateful to be able to watch top quality college hockey week in and week out with a chance to be in the mix every year. The joy comes from watching the game played at a high level, and there are a lot of weekends before the second week in April. The natties stuff is just banter, admittedly tired banter at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                I tease about it, but I frankly don't understand fans who are fixated on the NCs. I am just grateful to be able to watch top quality college hockey week in and week out with a chance to be in the mix every year. The joy comes from watching the game played at a high level, and there are a lot of weekends before the second week in April. The natties stuff is just banter, admittedly tired banter at times.
                Well said. Just give me some good hockey and a chance to win it all. I think we are all pretty blessed here in the midwest with that. Lots of good programs who give us just that.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Now we've seen how many #4s beat #1s? Holy Cross, Yale, No Dak (I know, that one is funny because they're better than a #4).

Gophers take notice. Take care of business. Leave no doubt.
                  Last edited by RuesterGAGT; 03-29-2014, 02:31 AM.
                  Loving the Maroon and Gold since 1984!

Better Dead then Red!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

As with my luck and the current state of the world, that prom queen would turn out to be a dude!
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      It is just simple math (©Scooby) reduced to simplest math...
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Well, I guess being the hottest team in the country and winning your conference tournament is meaningless too. I'll never figure out hockey. I thought Wisconsin no matter how much I hate them was playing hot and would roll through their region. Shows what I know. Maybe getting spanked by OSU was a good thing?

How would you know?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Well, I guess being the hottest team in the country and winning your conference tournament is meaningless too. I'll never figure out hockey. I thought Wisconsin no matter how much I hate them was playing hot and would roll through their region. Shows what I know. Maybe getting spanked by OSU was a good thing?

How would you know?
                          You keep trying to apply logic to an illogical situation, Mr. Spock.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            You keep trying to apply logic to an illogical situation, Mr. Spock.
                            Yes, Yes, I do. I'm too logical for fandom.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's been said over and over but it's true, parity in College Hockey. These one and done games are a crap shoot, teams that have great goaltending and solid D play tend to move on. Whether a team is offensive minded or not doesn't seem to matter come NCAA time.
                              Last edited by Driftryder; 03-29-2014, 11:02 AM.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bobby Morris will not be denied. He's got the best record in D-1 hockey for the second half. Go Bobby! You colonial, you!
                                Bob is making me concerned
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X