The Official "My Team Got Screwed!!!1!" Thread of the 2014 Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "My Team Got Screwed!!!1!" Thread of the 2014 Tournament

Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Denver or Robert Morris stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to complain about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as Penn State killing hockey, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, area clowns, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!

Re: The Official "My Team Got Screwed!!!1!" Thread of the 2014 Tournament

We got screwed. ROMO? We should be playing Army in the first round! They're the worst team in the PWR!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Let's start the "Giada's Melons" discourse immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tsY2yEs60

Whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        We got screwed. ROMO? We should be playing Army in the first round! They're the worst team in the PWR!
        If it makes you feel any better, Army actually beat Robert Morris in one of the 3 games in their AHA first round weekend.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
        7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Let's start the "Giada's Melons" discourse immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tsY2yEs60

Whoa.
          Nice job, but you should have warned us: This video starts out with Tranny Griffin. But stay with it. It quickly gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as Penn State killing hockey, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, area clowns, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.
            You can't kick Merrimack out when {PROVICED should clearly be kicked out of Hockey Rast first.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

My team played below .500 the last month (3-7) and didn't make the tournament. We were screwed!
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

EASTERN BIAS!!!

Once again, the Selection Show is in Bristol, Connecticut. It should be rotated and be out WEST every other year!!1!!

Comment

My team got screwed because we're Michigan.

They clearly forgot the Michigan rule.

For 22 years, Michigan got an automatic bid don't ya know?
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                    EASTERN BIAS!!!

Once again, the Selection Show is in Bristol, Connecticut. It should be rotated and be out WEST every other year!!1!!
                    It's actually in North Carolina, not Bristol. But still, East Coast Bias!

Comment

Can we complain about the complainers? The process is clearly defined and is the worst kept secret in college sports.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

This might be the easiest bracket with the least amount of complaining ever. Michigan was last out, but no Michigan fan would argue they belong in. North Dakota was able to sneak in. Pretty much straight bracket integrity. Only regional host earned the top seed. It's rarely that easy.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Vermont and HE got screwed, they should be playing Wisco in Cincy setting up a possible all HE FF. Instead they put them in CT playing Union eliminating the possibility. WESTERN BIAS
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

EZAC refs are biased toward #26.

Comment

Having Denver v BC on ESPNU truly suxx.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X