PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the NCAA D-I Final?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ARM
03-22-2014, 10:40 AM
One last poll; how will the championship game between Clarkson and Minnesota play out?

Eeyore
03-22-2014, 11:11 AM
KRACH gives Minnesota an 89.1% chance of winning.

TonyTheTiger20
03-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I've got Clarky. I really and truly think this is the year.

I put multiple goals but I'm more thinking Clarky by 1 with an ENG.

I really hope to see some of you tomorrow afternoon in Hamden.

ARM
03-22-2014, 11:20 AM
I've got Clarky. I really and truly think this is the year.Okay, but you think that every year. Some years, you even think BC has a chance. :eek:

FireKnight
03-22-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm a horrible prognosticator but I can't wait to see the game. See you all tomorrow in Hamden.

ARM
03-22-2014, 11:39 AM
I think you have to. I think the only way Clarkson wins is by applying serious pressure to the Gopher defense with a forecheck. If you give them time to set up, I don't see you being able to bottle them up the way you did Mercyhurst last night. Note that the period Wisconsin attacked the most aggressively yesterday was the one they dominated; the same was true back in October. The only team that had any success against Minnesota without being very aggressive was Ohio State in one game when the Gophers also made a lot of sloppy mistakes I don't expect to see tomorrow.

Yeah, that leaves you open to being burned badly but I think the best case alternative is hanging around for a couple of periods before Minnesota puts the game away.Moved your post over here -- or we could have a championship game thread apart from the poll. In any case, I agree. If an opponent sits back, that plays to the strength of Minnesota, it's forwards. Plus, even the inexperienced D for Minnesota do fine handling the puck when given time and space. IMO, to beat them, you have to attack and put pressure on the back end. If the opponent plays passively, then too much of the game is played in their end, and I don't think that is what Clarkson wants. It should be a great game.

DC78-82
03-22-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm a horrible prognosticator but I ca
In't wait to see the game. See you all tomorrow in Hamden.

Is anyone interested in getting together before the game tomorrow? Gotta do something between checkout and game time, which is 4 hours of...

pgb-ohio
03-22-2014, 02:44 PM
I joined the majority, but I can envision a 1 goal game with an ENG being the path to the multiple goal victory.

whoop87
03-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Whoop and Lancer are up for a pre-game meet. Who's going to join us? Doghouse? TTT? Eeyore? Crazy Dave? OnMAA? Bueller?

We can meet up at noon. DC, let us know where to go.

Hux
03-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Whoop and Lancer are up for a pre-game meet. Who's going to join us? Doghouse? TTT? Eeyore? Crazy Dave? OnMAA? Bueller?

A mile and a half north of Sherman Ave is Aunt Chiladas.(3931 Whitney) Mexican bistro with bar. Golf driving range across the parking lot, so bring your clubs Whoop. Noon to two or so. Heading there tonight to watch the Hockey East final.

FireKnight
03-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Is anyone interested in getting together before the game tomorrow? Gotta do something between checkout and game time, which is 4 hours of...

Clarkson alumni and friends are having a get-together at DeMils on Whitney at 1pm and I'd assume the Gophers are going to do the same at Eli's. The bar at DeMils isn't in a separate area so people will be roaming around. I'm not sure if Eli's is providing a separate room for Gopher fans.

NUWH DogHouse
03-22-2014, 05:20 PM

I'm driving down to TTT's that morning not sure when he wants to head down there, but I would be down for a USCHO meet up.

DC78-82
03-22-2014, 09:22 PM

Aunt Chiladas was good. They were very accomodating tonightt when we asked them to switch from bouncyball to the hockey game, and sympathetic when we left with UNH down 4-0:'( If people would rather meet somewhereelse, we will be there. If not, Aunts?

TonyTheTiger20
03-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm driving down to TTT's that morning not sure when he wants to head down there, but I would be down for a USCHO meet up.
Just talked to DogHouse, we'll get down there a little before 1 or so. Where is the meetup? Looking forward to meeting you some of you guys.

wwhyte
03-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Just talked to DogHouse, we'll get down there a little before 1 or so. Where is the meetup? Looking forward to meeting you some of you guys.

Joe and I will be there around 2.30, maybe a bit before, so well see you all at the venue.

DC78-82
03-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Aunt Chiladas

bluffrinkrat
03-23-2014, 10:17 AM
I see the Gophers winning 3-2 in regulation in a very close hard-fought game. I was surprised to see that Clarkson also has a very balanced scoring with seven players having 10 goals or more and two with 8. I think the Gophers just have a little more firepower though. And then there's that old experience factor and the ability to play well under pressure. "Grace under pressure" to quote a line I remember from my childhood. The Gophers have been there and done that for two years now and I don't see it ending today.

DC78-82
03-23-2014, 11:39 AM

Aunt Chiladas

Eeyore
03-23-2014, 12:55 PM
I've got the tickets, my Kate Flug jersey and I'm too nervous to eat lunch. So I guess I'm ready.

ARM
03-23-2014, 02:03 PM
If the starting goalies stay healthy, then we'll have our first NCAA championship game where the winning goaltender is Canadian, one way or another.