• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Div 111 2014 All American Announced by NCAA

2014 == All Americans

http://www.d3hockey.com/ncaatourname...cans-announced

Re: Div 111 2014 All American Announced by NCAA

Originally posted by delfan View Post
    Slight correction. The NCAA has nothing to do with the All Americans. The American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA www.ahcahockey.com) are in charge of the AA teams.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The NCAA has 111 divisions??
      Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
      2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
        The NCAA has 111 divisions??
        Div 111 are the schools with no scholarships, no financial aid, no buildings, no tenured faculty, 300 administrators and all sports are co-ed with everyone getting a trophy.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Trinity has 3 All Americans ... is that supposed to be the coaches' consolation prize for being snubbed by the selection committee?

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            Trinity has 3 All Americans ... is that supposed to be the coaches' consolation prize for being snubbed by the selection committee?
            Seeing how Chewy was left off for Kevin Carr, I'm going to go with no....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Seeing how Chewy was left off for Kevin Carr, I'm going to go with no....
              Never saw Carr even on a video feed, so I can't really judge this completely, but maybe Carr got the nod in the SUNAYAC (and thus in the AA race) because of an impression that he had less defensive support and did more to bail his team out that Cadieux did. Cadieux certainly has a lot of talent and statistically had the edge on Carr. (Or maybe the coaches just don't like Plattsburgh )
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Never saw Carr even on a video feed, so I can't really judge this completely, but maybe Carr got the nod in the SUNAYAC (and thus in the AA race) because of an impression that he had less defensive support and did more to bail his team out that Cadieux did. Cadieux certainly has a lot of talent and statistically had the edge on Carr. (Or maybe the coaches just don't like Plattsburgh )
                If anyone saw all the defensive lapses Plattsburgh had this year, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that "that" is not the case. Chewy bailed out Plattsburgh more times this year then in the past two years combined. Carr was below .500........
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  If anyone saw all the defensive lapses Plattsburgh had this year, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that "that" is not the case. Chewy bailed out Plattsburgh more times this year then in the past two years combined. Carr was below .500........
                  I said "impression." Sometimes in making these kinds of choices reputation is more important than facts. That's why I prefer to rely on statistics unless I have actually seen everybody involved. Plattsburgh's reputation and performance (especially at the end of the season) seem to have been two different things.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X