PDA

View Full Version : Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

sshablak
03-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Can't wait to go tomorrow! Seventeen frosh and sophs, it only gets better ! Go Raiders ! With Michigan's loss today we are now #14 in the PWR.

QUAlum2004
03-20-2014, 06:45 PM
With Michigan's loss Colgate is now 14th in the Pairwise. The question is how much would Colgate drop if Quinnipiac beat's you guys tomorrow?

kwik
03-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Spiro and Charlie Finn both make Third Team All-ECAC. Finn is also the Rookie All-ECAC goalie.

ColSkate65
03-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Congrats to Charlie Finn on making the All-Rookie team and third team All-ECAC. He's been a dependable goalie and sparked the team after a jittery start to the season. Shabby's right: a goaltender can get hot and make a huge impact. I'm counting on Charlie to add to his accomplishments in LP (...no pressure or anything ;)

Also, kudos to Spiro on anchoring the defense and making this past season an amazing one. Together with the "newbies" on the team the D has shown great improvement and consistency. Good luck Raiders!!

still an empty net
03-20-2014, 08:45 PM
More and more it is looking like win one and we are in with that Michigan loss. However, the team needs not to think that and just focus on winning this tournament.

I will be up there for the early game as well Rainman, hope to see a large Colgate base as I will be with 2, dare I say Cornell fans.

College_Hockey_Fan
03-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Colgate Hockey - 13-3-3 since Holiday Break!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

hockeyenthusiast
03-21-2014, 04:00 AM
Well, the day has come. Time to exorcize the demons that have been haunting us for the past 24 years.

vicb
03-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Less than 12 hours to go. You have until 4 PM today to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

This means you:

arickeo
bcarlisle
Brett Gobe
Brian Sullivan/Nate Owen
cudmud
hockeyplayer1015
ibanezist00
Jack T. Ripper
Maine-iac
Mike Hutter
Nyhockeyguy
PutItBackOn
StayPuftMMcu
TchrBill
ufanbill
UnionTDX04
Wholin1
rjohntute
Nottme

sshablak
03-21-2014, 06:00 AM
Well, the day has come. Time to exorcize the demons that have been haunting us for the past 24 years.

Amen !!!

Numbers
03-21-2014, 06:03 AM

Amen !!!

Minny fan here in peace. Do I take it you have been 24 years not qualifying for NCAAs? Or, since winning the ECAC?

Rainman
03-21-2014, 06:15 AM
Minny fan here in peace. Do I take it you have been 24 years not qualifying for NCAAs? Or, since winning the ECAC?

Last NCAA appearance was 9 years ago, in 2005. However, it's been 24 years since we last won the ECAC Championship (1990). Coincidentally, that was the last time Colgate advanced to the ECAC Championship game.

hockeyenthusiast
03-21-2014, 08:18 AM

Please help us out in case we fall short and win it all.

kwik
03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Good news, if you don't have access to Fox College Sports- Fox Sports Go will stream the games online, for free, if you sign in with your cable provider.'

Bad news- my guess is that most people around the Hamilton area have Time Warner Cable, which does NOT offer Fox Sports Go access. It looks like the only cable systems that provide access are Xfinity, AT&T U-Verse, Midcontinent, SuddenLink, Optimum, and Wow.

AmericaOne and the Colgate site can not offer streaming, so if you can't get a TV with access, and you don't use one of the cable providers above, your only legal option for the games tonight is the WKXZ radio stream.

hockeyenthusiast
03-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Good news, if you don't have access to Fox College Sports- Fox Sports Go will stream the games online, for free, if you sign in with your cable provider.'

Bad news- my guess is that most people around the Hamilton area have Time Warner Cable, which does NOT offer Fox Sports Go access. It looks like the only cable systems that provide access are Xfinity, AT&T U-Verse, Midcontinent, SuddenLink, Optimum, and Wow.

AmericaOne and the Colgate site can not offer streaming, so if you can't get a TV with access, and you don't use one of the cable providers above, your only legal option for the games tonight is the WKXZ radio stream.

What could be a possible non-legal option?

kwik
03-21-2014, 02:57 PM
What could be a possible non-legal option?

Ones that would get the board owners in trouble if they were discussed here.;)

In any event, there may be a workaround. If you have Time-Warner Cable, and your cable package includes Fox College Sports, go to twctv.com, enter your info, and you should be able to watch it online, Union-Cornell seems to be just starting now, and this is working, so we'll see.

red133883
03-21-2014, 04:49 PM
I believe with how the games have concluded that tonight is a do-or-die game. If someone can get a "good" outcome with a loss post it.

kwik
03-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Vaughan named ECAC Coach of the Year. Congratulations, and hopefully the first of two trophies he'll get to lift this weekend.

Maine-iac
03-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Unless I am wrong ......... been there before. but. Even if 'Gate loses tonite; they can still hold onto the-last-team-IN position IF
Western Michigan loses in their semifinal and the consolation game.
and
Ferris State wins their tournament
and
reasonable favorites advance and win their tournaments:
Minn or Wisc in Big10 and UML or Prov in H-East and QU or Union in ECAC

I believe with how the games have concluded that tonight is a do-or-die game. If someone can get a "good" outcome with a loss post it.

kwik
03-21-2014, 05:33 PM

I've got Colgate in as the last at-large with the following scenario:

Quinnipiac wins tonight.
Minnesota over Wisconsin in the Big Ten Final
Providence over Lowell in Hockey East
North Dakota over Western Michigan in the NCHC, with Denver winning the consi.
Ferris St. over Minnesota St. in WCHA.

With a win tonight, I can get Colgate in at-large, even with Ohio St, New Hampshire, Miami, Alaska-Anchorage, and the Atlantic Hockey Champion all getting autobids.

It looks like, simplifying things a tad: A win tonight just about locks it, regardless of what would happen tomorrow, a loss tonight may be survivable, as long as Atlantic Hockey is the only surprise autobid. So, we're rooting for Minnesota, Ferris St., and North Dakota/Western Michigan.

Gotter
03-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Watching on Fox College Sports -- nervous! Go 'gate!