Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    FWIW Dep't: I know the committee has to do what it has to do, and the pairwise tells no lies, but I have trouble with QU and Union being in the same bracket. Would rather have seen ECAC teams spread out to bring more of a national look to the field. By switching Mass-Lowell and QU (#6 & #7) there wouldn't be that much change in terms of strength (or PWR) and fans would have no trouble getting to Worcester or Bridgeport. I'd just like to see an ECAC team on the other side of the bracket so they don't eliminate each other before Phillie. Just my 2 sense.
    You would have had to do a wholesale swap- just changing Lowell and 'Pac wouldn't work, because you'd have Lowell playing Providence. You'd have to swap Mankato and Providence as well. Doable, certainly, but one of the principles is to keep bracket integrity (i.e. a theoretical final 8 of 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5) as much as possible, while avoiding intra-conference games in the first round. The one change they made, swapping North Dakota for Vermont is understandable as far as travel and attendance considerations goes, my guess is they didn't even look at other moves. If they have no problem with a potential all-Hockey East regional final in one region, it stands to reason they'd have no qualms about a potential all-ECAC regional final in another region.

Comment

I was too emotionally drained and after the 3.5 hour drive home on some of the worst roads I have ever driven on yest I didn't post. Still too tired this am, it just took too much out of me.

One thing, I am furious, Time Warner doesn't have ESPN3, you have to be kidding me. Not only did people have problems getting the games on tv last weekend, now we can't watch the NCAA's ?????????? There is a tape delay on ESPNU at 10:30. I think it's the only game scheduled for ESPN3 Friday, and maybe the whole weekend.

We are overlooked and not talked about all year, now THIS !!! I was told (was driving home at the time) that the Selection Show just said Murphy has nineteen goals, and that was the only thing said about us, not even that we've beaten Ferris two of three games with TWO shutouts. I am furious this am, what do we have to do ? Not to mention the brackets, I can kind of respect how they seed, but our brethren other two teams ARE IN THE SAME BRACKET in the EAST. Comments ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I just rechecked, IT IS THE ONLY GAME IN THE TOURNAMENT that is on ESPN3 and we can't watch !!!!!

Wrong, UMass Lowell is also on ESPN3 n Saturday night.
        Last edited by sshablak; 03-24-2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Shabby, 1) the umass Lowell game is also on espn3 2) espn3 is an internet channel, which TWC does support. What you need to do is set up an account with TWC (if you go to the espn website and try to watch it, it will walk you through the steps). it does stink that it isn't on tv but we will get to see it. As far as the QU /Union bracket it is better for them that they are not in the BC or MN brackets.
          Last edited by red133883; 03-24-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I just rechecked, IT IS THE ONLY GAME IN THE TOURNAMENT that is on ESPN3 and we can't watch !!!!!

Wrong, UMass Lowell is also on ESPN3 n Saturday night.
            You can most certainly watch ESPN3 if you have Time Warner. As a Time Warner Cable subscriber, I've watched numerous ESPN3 events. I watched ACC men's basketball tournament games on ESPN3 at work during lunch; it was the same for the online streaming system for the Olympics. If you have a Time Warner Cable online account, you simply just have to sign into your account when you go to ESPN3.

The video quality is much the same as you'd find on a regular television broadcast and there are full graphics. It's everything that one would have on a TV broadcast minus the actual being on television part.
            Last edited by 'Gate Radio; 04-02-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

The game being on ESPN3 also helps those of us in Europe who don't have access to the networks, be able to watch it online.
              Colgate '12

Proud Team Manager from September 2008 through May 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by kwik View Post
                It looks like it'll be a trip to Cincinnati to play Ferris St., who we are certainly familiar with. Wisconsin-Vermont should be the other game, and that is certainly a fair bracket, I think.
                Good luck to you guys and congratulations on a great season so far. Finn looked so good in the first period I thought you might pull it off against Union, but I give you a great chance in the regional. Represent!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you have a laptop, you can watch the game at watchespn.com. If you have an iPhone or iPad, just use the WatchESPN app. You DO, however, need to log in with the credentials (i.e. username and password) that you use for your cable television account. If you have Comcast, Time Warner, or Verizon Fios, you'll be able to watch the game. However, it is NOT on a live TV channel (online only), but ESPN will send a play-by-play and color commentator, and the broadcast will be just like what you would see on TV.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

I wanted to comment on what a class act your coach is. He is gracious and the epitome of sportsmanship. Even though he had to be hurting after the final, he went out of his way to compliment his opponent. I have met him briefly at a Frozen Four and he had time to say hello and chat for a few minutes with this Union fan. He is the dean of ECAC coaches for good reason and a credit to his program and college. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

I think I can get a cord to go from the laptop to my 50 inch tv, can't I ?? Just use the monitor from the tv hooked to the laptop ? I just got a laptop so I've never done it before. (not too tech savvy)

Can I sign in to espn earlier this week and be all set for Friday's game, or do I have to wait until nearly game time ?

Gate Radio....I hear my "Finntastic" comment made it to your radio broadcast, is this true ? You should have mentioned it was a "Shabby" creation !

Comment

Steve, it was great seeing you again and meeting your wife this weekend. When I saw you before the game Saturday you were smiling (and rightfully so). Sounds like you lost that smile. But your team's in the big dance, so you should be smiling again!

Best of luck to 'Gate in Cincinnati!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Steve, it was great seeing you again and meeting your wife this weekend. When I saw you before the game Saturday you were smiling (and rightfully so). Sounds like you lost that smile. But your team's in the big dance, so you should be smiling again!

Best of luck to 'Gate in Cincinnati!
                          Thank you Mark, great to see you and Good Luck this weekend, you don't have to drive far, you lucky man !!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            I think I can get a cord to go from the laptop to my 50 inch tv, can't I ?? Just use the monitor from the tv hooked to the laptop ? I just got a laptop so I've never done it before. (not too tech savvy)

Can I sign in to espn earlier this week and be all set for Friday's game, or do I have to wait until nearly game time ?

Gate Radio....I hear my "Finntastic" comment made it to your radio broadcast, is this true ? You should have mentioned it was a "Shabby" creation !
                            Shabby, you can sign in anytime you want. Just need your TWC email address and password that you should have created when you setup your account. If you haven't set it up yet you can when you go to the site. Also, if you have a HDMI plug on your laptop all you have to do is get a cable and connect it to your TV and pick that input on your TV menu. Should work and from what I hear it's in HD to boot. Good luck. GO 'Gate.

Comment

Shabby, if you pay your monthly bill to Time Warner Cable online, then you already have an account with them. Use that username/password to log in at watchespn.com.

The broadcast WILL be in HD, provided your internet connection is fast enough. Refer to Bennycheck's post above re: connecting your laptop to your TV.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Another tech question: I have no T-W, no Fios, no nothing. Just DirecTV and a computer connected to a satellite dish. What do I do to see the game? (from another tech challenged fan).
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X