PDA

View Full Version : Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

jhptygate
03-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Anyone going on Friday? I wish I could but it's a matter of distance.

sshablak
03-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Says over 600 miles to Cinn. and 10 plus hours by car, pretty sure you can fly cheaper. Last weekend took too much out of me, I'm still recharging. It was so emotional (Friday night) My friend CU13 hugged me after the game and said "Shab...I'm too old for this, I can't do it anymore".

It reminded me so much of the game vs Harvard in Albany when Mormina tied the game with about two minutes left, Harvard scored thirty seconds later, and Mormina tied it again with seconds left to send it into OT. Kevin Du won it for Harvard in the second OT, only this time we wonnnn!!

Dam, I'm getting the itch to go to Cinn.:D

red133883
03-25-2014, 11:22 AM
You know the best part of those Harvard and QU games, we made the NCAA each time

BigAl
03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Best of luck out West. Let's get 2 teams back in the FF

ColSkate65
03-25-2014, 04:18 PM
According to USCHO story on home page attendance was down dramatically across the board for all college playoff games and series. Not gonna grow hockey if the powers that be don't go the extra mile to televise playoff games, i.e. 'Gate-QU on Friday night. I'm still steamed about that.....:(

Now they've dropped the ball again with the FS game.

Kepler
03-25-2014, 04:19 PM
The selection show didnt do us any favors, as we were barely mentioned, but hey, use it as a chip and play even betterThey always do this. They spend 50% of each bracket segment on the 1-seed, then drop in a couple hastily-researched semi-truisms about the other 3 in the bracket. Then they jump to the panel who know nothing about anybody except maybe Michigan, Minnesota and BC.

It's not a Colgate or even an ECAC problem, it's a Bristol problem.

red133883
03-25-2014, 05:09 PM
According to USCHO story on home page attendance was down dramatically across the board for all college playoff games and series. Not gonna grow hockey if the powers that be don't go the extra mile to televise playoff games, i.e. 'Gate-QU on Friday night. I'm still steamed about that.....:(

Now they've dropped the ball again with the FS game.

The ECAC actually increased attendance by 1000 per night, with no "local" teams. Barely anything mentioned about that. The only way to significantly increase attendance is to give an extra week between quarters and semis. I don't recommend it but it's the only way.

Same w/ the NCAA regional.

So, what are the thoughts about Ferris State? We have played them 3x fairly well all three times. The only bad period we played statistically was the third of game one.

sshablak
03-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Channel 3 out of Syracuse covered Gate leaving Starr for Cinn. yest, looked like there were several hundred people there, it was nice. They were getting on a bus, hopefully heading to the Syracuse airport avoiding a 10+ hour drive.

Question, does the NCAA pay for their travel expenses, if so, I hope they flied.

Dutchman
03-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Hey Colgate:
Good Luck
Kick some *** !!!! Take no prisoners !!!!

Either QU or us will see you in Phili

Rainman
03-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Channel 3 out of Syracuse covered Gate leaving Starr for Cinn. yest, looked like there were several hundred people there, it was nice. They were getting on a bus, hopefully heading to the Syracuse airport avoiding a 10+ hour drive.

Question, does the NCAA pay for their travel expenses, if so, I hope they flied.

The NCAA does pay for travel expenses. Colgate did fly to Cincinnati: https://twitter.com/Colgate_Hockey/status/448903378119426048

Also, video footage of our double-OT goal can be found here: http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=1023852#.UzQ5jl61ARw

sshablak
03-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Ty rainman, got to love tech savvy posters here, you do a good job.

sshablak
03-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I see Vegas has us picked as the underdog, let's prove them wrong. Did a test run yest on my laptop to tv for espn3, worked fine. Will watch the Union game at two today getting fired up, like I need help.:D

Rainman
03-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Game day! Who here will be watching besides me and Shabby?

QUAlum2004
03-28-2014, 07:08 AM
I have Colgate winning this region.

sshablak
03-28-2014, 07:38 AM
I have Colgate winning this region.

Wow, and GL to Q-Pac !!! Nice articles on CHN.com including one on the Spinks.

The "experts" pick us to beat Ferris, seven of eight writers. Yikes. (CHN)

LTsatch
03-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Good luck today Gate!

red133883
03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
The interview with Vaughn on the tv report made a great point about ferris. We have seen them three times and with a young team it is one less thing to worry about.

I am excited on how it plays out. (Obviously I'll be more excited if it pans out for us in the end)

TchrBill
03-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Was getting nervous...some offseason threads were ahead or ours and we're in the big dance! Never again!
Stay out of the box and score with the extra man!

Think we play better as the game progresses and that we are a 3rd period team. We came out on fire against U but it cost us in the end. Can't get caught up in the previous outcomes of the FSU season series...it's a new game today and all or nothing now.

Good luck today, Colgate! You belong there! Win or lose, very proud...and very excited for next season.
Thanks to all of you for choosing Colgate! Thank you, Seniors.

jhptygate
03-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Was getting nervous...some offseason threads were ahead or ours and we're in the big dance! Never again!
Stay out of the box and score with the extra man!

Think we play better as the game progresses and that we are a 3rd period team. We came out on fire against U but it cost us in the end. Can't get caught up in the previous outcomes of the FSU season series...it's a new game today and all or nothing now.

Good luck today, Colgate! You belong there! Win or lose, very proud...and very excited for next season.
Thanks to all of you for choosing Colgate! Thank you, Seniors.

This. Totally unexpected. Really really proud, especially having met some of them in their freshman year and seeing them develop into the leaders they are today (the juniors and seniors). No matter what happens today, we're headed in the right direction.

I'll also be watching. Thank God for ESPN Player in Europe, which will have all the games.

Joe McGrath
03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
FWIW

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/ncaa/picksRegionals.php