PDA

View Full Version : Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

ColSkate65
09-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks, we'll try one of those before the game. Besides games back in Boston, we've made the trip to Colgate once, Union once, and RPI twice over the years when NU is up that way. As much as I love stopping at the Dinosaur in Syracuse, we're trying to find something new to do on the way.

Another question - parking at the arena. Do you need a pass or a tag for any of those lots by there?

No. Once you go past the rink make your first right turn and there should be plenty of parking in the lot or beyond that on the grass near the other athletic fields. Another trick is to make a left - coming from town - at the stoplight before the rink, go about 100 yards and make a right in front of the old Student Union. You can park in most any of the spaces there and walk to the rink. It's a little bit of a walk but good exercise if you are so inclined.

kwik
09-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Preseason polls are out and we clearly have a target on our back. It's nice to have the excitement but makes me nervous as well. This is the most hype that this team has gotten since I started following the team in 2001-02.

Fast start might be vital- looking at John Buccigross' poll, we open with 2 at the #7 team, and then host the #10 team the next weekend. Contender or pretender might just get sorted out early.

sshablak
09-24-2014, 07:31 AM
So if you're at the stoplight in town having come from the rink... Good Nature Brewing Co. is on your left, great local beer but no food (you can order in/bring your own if you so choose). Directly ahead are the Colgate Inn & #10 Tavern, both good spots with #10 being more of a burger joint while the Inn menu is more upscale. Make a left at the light & you'll see the two pizza places as well as Rusch's Sports Bar, also a good spot with all the games on. Back at the light a right will take you roughly a quarter mile up to the Seven Oaks Clubhouse, my personal favorite from a food point of view. There's also a few other bars in town that you can't miss... it's not a big place!

Regarding Gate football, I'm hoping we don't overlook Georgetown this weekend. They've played better than expected, hope it's not a trap game & we hammer them as we should. But a little worried...

Hammer them as we should ? What happened last year ?

ColSkate65
09-24-2014, 09:34 AM
34-14 win for us.....not exactly a hammering.