PDA

View Full Version : Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

QUAlum2004
09-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Hockey Commitments ‏@hockeycommits 22m
Ross Craig (Cornwall Colts) has committed to Colgate University for 2016-2017 @Colgate_Hockey @CornwallColts @CCHLTier1

ColSkate65
09-17-2014, 08:18 AM
New rink design and overall athletic facility layout is up...on voy forum. What do posters think of it? To me it's a little sterile loooking, but I know these are only drawings. I sure hope that huge stairway leading into the rink has an escalator component. This old geezer will never be able to climb that bugger :(

sshablak
09-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Are they the same as posted before or different ? What's the addy for that site ? Colskate you going Saturday ?

ColSkate65
09-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Are they the same as posted before or different ? What's the addy for that site ? Colskate you going Saturday ?

Not sure; I didn't really see the ones posted before this. Found the link under a discussion on the 'Gate voy site - not good at doing links but the URL (is that what they call it?) is: www.voy.com/227566. You should put this on your "favorites" menu - lot of good conversations about all 'Gate sports.

50-50% about Saturday. Depends on the weather, my "roomates" demands, etc. I'd like to be there as the G'town game will be a rout and I won't be around for the P'ton game. HC is the only other - besides the Leopards in November - and even the HC weekend might be taken with other chores. I'm not optimistic Cornell can match up with us - despite the two losses I think we're ready to win. Will you be at the concession stands at halftime should I make it over?

sshablak
09-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Not sure; I didn't really see the ones posted before this. Found the link under a discussion on the 'Gate voy site - not good at doing links but the URL (is that what they call it?) is: www.voy.com/227566. You should put this on your "favorites" menu - lot of good conversations about all 'Gate sports.

50-50% about Saturday. Depends on the weather, my "roomates" demands, etc. I'd like to be there as the G'town game will be a rout and I won't be around for the P'ton game. HC is the only other - besides the Leopards in November - and even the HC weekend might be taken with other chores. I'm not optimistic Cornell can match up with us - despite the two losses I think we're ready to win. Will you be at the concession stands at halftime should I make it over?

Thanks for the site, wasn't aware of it. I will be tailgating behind the visitors side where we always sit.
Those drawings are fantastic, even nicer than I had imagined. Absolutely beautiful, from lockerrooms to VIP room, I hope they go with the padded chairback seats(getting old).

The walkway looks very wide behind the seats, maybe 15-20 feet wide. With standing room I'd bet 3000 might be able to attend. I remember the games when we got 3000 people at Starr, maybe again someday.

red133883
09-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Big expectations going into the season. Just looking at the the ECAC prediction thread and Buccigross' early top ten (have 'Gate at #3 behind MN and ND). Will be interesting to see how the preseason polls (USCHO and ECAC coaches) have us ranked, and I am aware they mean nothing.

As far as the photos of the new rink are concerned, I like the interior layout. Not a fan of what seems to be a metal "top" to the rink as you look at it from the outside, just looks weird when every other building on campus is made of stone. Lastly, I wonder what it will be called, does anyone think they sell out and go for naming rights or go with the classic like "slater arena (rink)"

sshablak
09-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Big expectations going into the season. Just looking at the the ECAC prediction thread and Buccigross' early top ten (have 'Gate at #3 behind MN and ND). Will be interesting to see how the preseason polls (USCHO and ECAC coaches) have us ranked, and I am aware they mean nothing.

As far as the photos of the new rink are concerned, I like the interior layout. Not a fan of what seems to be a metal "top" to the rink as you look at it from the outside, just looks weird when every other building on campus is made of stone. Lastly, I wonder what it will be called, does anyone think they sell out and go for naming rights or go with the classic like "slater arena (rink)"

Where did you find Bucigross's prediction, I can't find it ? Thanks

red133883
09-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Where did you find Bucigross's prediction, I can't find it ? Thanks

Twitter. @buccigross

sshablak
09-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Twitter. @buccigross

TY but I'm twitignorant. Is it hard to twitter ?

ColSkate65
09-19-2014, 10:57 AM
TY but I'm twitignorant. Is it hard to twitter ?

LOL, I'm with ya shabby :)

Not sure I want to venture over to the "dark side" (visitor's stands). I sometimes hang out at the concession stand at the 1/2 if you ever venture over that way. No pressure. Still not sure about showing up - about 50-50 as of this hour :(

sshablak
09-19-2014, 11:43 AM
LOL, I'm with ya shabby :)

Not sure I want to venture over to the "dark side" (visitor's stands). I sometimes hang out at the concession stand at the 1/2 if you ever venture over that way. No pressure. Still not sure about showing up - about 50-50 as of this hour :(

Laughing at "dark side"...The sun is on your back, shoulders, and legs, yet you don't have to squint, much easier on the eyes. Tailgating is also "in the sun" and back where it should be, behind the scoreboard and visitors side. We only have to walk a few feet to tailgate again(as it should be). Roach is gone, yay Vicky !

ColSkate65
09-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Nice game yesterday. My binocs revealed a man in dark blue shorts, yellow shirt under all-blue windbreaker, dark blue hat sitting with DV. Sorry I didn't make it over to the "dark side." No sun to look into on the Dunlap side :)

QUAlum2004
09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Ben Sharf ‏@BenSharf 19m
Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Colgate University. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. #GoRaiders

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=246798

sshablak
09-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Nice game yesterday. My binocs revealed a man in dark blue shorts, yellow shirt under all-blue windbreaker, dark blue hat sitting with DV. Sorry I didn't make it over to the "dark side." No sun to look into on the Dunlap side :)

Was I behaving ? Saw Goulakis and some of the boys, he looked ripped, and very healthy. I think it's time for the "new thread".

Chunky, get your butt on here, you're here every day ffs.:D

McBain75
09-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi, a couple of us Northeastern grads are making the trek from Buffalo for the game at Colgate on Friday October 17. I have the game tickets all set, so the next step is to figure out where to go eat and drink. Any suggestions for what to do around Hamilton? Since it's about a 3 hour drive, we're trying to make a day of it. We made the trip there about 10 years ago but we just buzzed in and out of town, it was dark out so we didn't see much. Thanks.

ColSkate65
09-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi, a couple of us Northeastern grads are making the trek from Buffalo for the game at Colgate on Friday October 17. I have the game tickets all set, so the next step is to figure out where to go eat and drink. Any suggestions for what to do around Hamilton? Since it's about a 3 hour drive, we're trying to make a day of it. We made the trip there about 10 years ago but we just buzzed in and out of town, it was dark out so we didn't see much. Thanks.

LOL. You won't see much in the daylight either. Just one stoplight. Might suggest the Colgate Inn for eating/drinking; can't miss it. There are a number of other watering holes you can try. Good pizza at Olivers or NY Pizza in town. There is also an Indian food restuarant, however I have never tried it. (Shabby, chime in here - you know what to recommend to these folks better than I do.) If you are into art, the Picker Gallery on campus might entertain you. Have a good time, but don't carry it too far :)

FlagDUDE08
09-23-2014, 06:49 AM

There is the Good Natured Brewery in town (I believe they give tours, but no restaurant inside as far as I know), the Saranac brewery in Utica, or Turning Stone up a bit if that tickles your fancy. Yes, it's a little bit of a drive, but Hamilton really is an area with a couple of colleges (SUNY Morrisville right down the street) surrounded by a whole bunch of hills and not much else.

Gate83
09-23-2014, 08:41 AM
So if you're at the stoplight in town having come from the rink... Good Nature Brewing Co. is on your left, great local beer but no food (you can order in/bring your own if you so choose). Directly ahead are the Colgate Inn & #10 Tavern, both good spots with #10 being more of a burger joint while the Inn menu is more upscale. Make a left at the light & you'll see the two pizza places as well as Rusch's Sports Bar, also a good spot with all the games on. Back at the light a right will take you roughly a quarter mile up to the Seven Oaks Clubhouse, my personal favorite from a food point of view. There's also a few other bars in town that you can't miss... it's not a big place!

Regarding Gate football, I'm hoping we don't overlook Georgetown this weekend. They've played better than expected, hope it's not a trap game & we hammer them as we should. But a little worried...

McBain75
09-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks, we'll try one of those before the game. Besides games back in Boston, we've made the trip to Colgate once, Union once, and RPI twice over the years when NU is up that way. As much as I love stopping at the Dinosaur in Syracuse, we're trying to find something new to do on the way.

Another question - parking at the arena. Do you need a pass or a tag for any of those lots by there?

red133883
09-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Preseason polls are out and we clearly have a target on our back. It's nice to have the excitement but makes me nervous as well. This is the most hype that this team has gotten since I started following the team in 2001-02.