PDA

View Full Version : Colgate...Postseason Thread...Youth Is Served

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

sshablak
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
A possible date(s) Dec 2+3 both schools are open.

'Gate Radio
06-02-2014, 09:19 AM
A possible date(s) Dec 2+3 both schools are open.

The schedule is complete. No more games will be added. The NCAA limit for regular season games, barring exemptions for Alaska games, Icebreaker, etc., is 34 along with one exhibition. There are 34 games already on the schedule as well as an exhibition against Queens on Oct. 4.

turk181
06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Red Wings always willing to take a look at players that, “don’t fit the mold”..... http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2014/04/18/wings-camp-invite-for-spinks

FlagDUDE08
06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
The schedule is complete. No more games will be added. The NCAA limit for regular season games, barring exemptions for Alaska games, Icebreaker, etc., is 34 along with one exhibition. There are 34 games already on the schedule as well as an exhibition against Queens on Oct. 4.

Technically, you can play both an international exhibition AND a team that is sponsored by USA Hockey, and still have 34. However, the point still stands. LSSU already has their NC opponents figured out as it is; just a question of when.

sshablak
06-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Spink to Spink to Spink, wow !!!

sshablak
06-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Off topic but, you've got to check out the QB coming in this fall. From a 4A school in Texas, rated six star, 6-2 215# and the film on him is very impressive. Wonder how we got him.:confused:

ColSkate65
06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Off topic but, you've got to check out the QB coming in this fall. From a 4A school in Texas, rated six star, 6-2 215# and the film on him is very impressive. Wonder how we got him.:confused:

You're right. Looks to have a good arm and is big. Fact that he was also on the track team could mean he has some speed, although it's hard to judge on the video. Any QB from TX rated 6 star must be pretty good.

Rangers :(

sshablak
06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Why aren't they starting to build the new rink, still no architectural plans, drag it out a few more years !:mad:

ColSkate65
06-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Why aren't they starting to build the new rink, still no architectural plans, drag it out a few more years !:mad:

Yeah, you're right Shabby. Seems like this thing is still in the planning stages after more than enuf time. They have the soccer field all set to go this fall, but still no progress announced on the rink.

Rangers :(

sshablak
06-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Congrats to Fogarty getting the nod at Princeton.

Gate83
06-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Shabby, here's the most recent update I saw from the AD Newsletter on April 9:

New Athletic Facility Update:
Speaking of facilities, we also are fully underway in the planning and design of our New Athletic Facility. The committee consisting of members of the athletic department and key constituents on campus have met six times with Sasaki & Associates, with each meeting lasting severalhours. We are well in the midst of the schematic design phase and planning the locations of all programming needs. We have also had many in-depth conversations focusing on sustainability needs, the best location for fan entrances and how to provide a great facility for all of our coaches and student-athletes. As things progress, I certainly will keep Raider Nation up to date! We are on schedule for the NAF to be up and ready by October 2016.
Go 'gate,
Vicky

Since then on campus I've heard consistently that things are progressing, they expect shovels in the ground by end of year. If I hear anything different, will certainly let you know!

sshablak
06-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Shabby, here's the most recent update I saw from the AD Newsletter on April 9:

New Athletic Facility Update:
Speaking of facilities, we also are fully underway in the planning and design of our New Athletic Facility. The committee consisting of members of the athletic department and key constituents on campus have met six times with Sasaki & Associates, with each meeting lasting severalhours. We are well in the midst of the schematic design phase and planning the locations of all programming needs. We have also had many in-depth conversations focusing on sustainability needs, the best location for fan entrances and how to provide a great facility for all of our coaches and student-athletes. As things progress, I certainly will keep Raider Nation up to date! We are on schedule for the NAF to be up and ready by October 2016.
Go 'gate,
Vicky

Since then on campus I've heard consistently that things are progressing, they expect shovels in the ground by end of year. If I hear anything different, will certainly let you know!

Thank you !

Gate93
06-26-2014, 03:43 PM
As of today, there are 100 days until Colgate's next game.

sk8tronthepond
07-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Congrats to Fogarty getting the nod at Princeton.

This may come back to haunt the 'Gate!

'Gate Radio
07-04-2014, 10:31 AM
The Fogarty/Dexter to Princeton movement puts Colgate in a tough spot without a top assistant three months before the start of the season; not to mention it gives Princeton one heck of an assistant coach. And now the first priority is getting a replacement hired as quickly as possible; especially with recruiting season starting back up fairly soon. I can think of a couple of folks who would be perfect candidates that I bet have already been contacted about the position. I have no inside information on this, just speculating as much as I'm sure you all are so I'll refrain from using names. Who would you guys like to see get a look?

kwik
07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
The Fogarty/Dexter to Princeton movement puts Colgate in a tough spot without a top assistant three months before the start of the season; not to mention it gives Princeton one heck of an assistant coach. And now the first priority is getting a replacement hired as quickly as possible; especially with recruiting season starting back up fairly soon. I can think of a couple of folks who would be perfect candidates that I bet have already been contacted about the position. I have no inside information on this, just speculating as much as I'm sure you all are so I'll refrain from using names. Who would you guys like to see get a look?

At this point in the year, I would think that the simple move would be to promote Lefevre, and maybe see if Mike Harder is interested in something more than a volunteer position, unless there's a name out there that I'm not seeing.

'Gate Man
07-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Andy McDonald would be nice! So would Cory Murphy.

blemberg
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Greg Drechsel.....former Clarkson associate coach, assistant at Clarkson, Miami, Denver; played for Terry Slater for 4 years; current Columbus Blue Jackets scout......Don should go after him hard....he would be great.

ColSkate65
07-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Greg Drechsel.....former Clarkson associate coach, assistant at Clarkson, Miami, Denver; played for Terry Slater for 4 years; current Columbus Blue Jackets scout......Don should go after him hard....he would be great.

I agree with blemberg. Drechsel should def be on DV's short list.

sshablak
07-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Visited Hamilton yest to see the tornado damage in Poolville and Earlvile etc, many trees down. Checked out the new soccer field, very nice, fits in perfectly between the field hockey and football fields. Nothing started on the new rink yet. :eek: