No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part III)

USHL tryout camp dates.

Code:
    Cho          Lincoln        06/12-06/15
    Dillon       Tri-City       06/15-06/18
    Fornaris     Cedar Rapids   05/29-06/01
    Hayhurst     Cedar Rapids   05/29-06/01
    Manley       Waterloo
    Prapavessis  Lincoln        06/12-06/15
    Rodriguez    Sioux City     05/30-06/01
    I couldn't find Waterloo's dates, and the USHL website, which appears to have a complete list, is down.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      An interview with Alec Dillon on The Pipeline Show http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...389675600&sn=9 (segment 5). I don't recall hearing this before although it is several months old.

I didn't like the interviewers suggesting after the interview that the Edmonton Oil Kings would probably be a better fit.
      Now that Edmonton has just won the Memorial Cup I wonder how much pressure they’ll put on Dillon now. Edm.’s goalie, Tristan Jarry (2nd rd. pick of Pittsburgh) still has a year of eligibility left and might even have 2 with an overager tag.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Now that Edmonton has just won the Memorial Cup I wonder how much pressure they’ll put on Dillon now. Edm.’s goalie, Tristan Jarry (2nd rd. pick of Pittsburgh) still has a year of eligibility left and might even have 2 with an overager tag.
        I haven't followed the Memorial Cup, but your comment makes it sound like they won't need him. That's good.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Modified from USHL site list http://www.ushl.com/?item_id=2580

Code:
          Cho          Lincoln        06/12-06/15
          Dillon       Tri-City       06/16-06/21
          Fornaris     Cedar Rapids   05/29-06/01
          Hayhurst     Cedar Rapids   05/29-06/01
          Manley       Waterloo       06/29-05/01   That's what it says. I assume it should be 05/29-06/01.
          Prapavessis  Lincoln        06/12-06/15
          Rodriguez    Sioux City     05/30-06/01
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

5/29-6/1 is what I saw for Waterloo yesterday but then I got lost on a “Bunny Trail” and couldn’t find it again to provide a link.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

5/29-6/1 is what I saw for Waterloo yesterday but then I got lost on a “Bunny Trail” and couldn’t find it again to provide a link.
              No problem. I couldn't figure out where I found my original dates for Tri-City.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I haven't followed the Memorial Cup, but your comment makes it sound like they won't need him. That's good.
                On second thought maybe, they will.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that this is new http://thescout.ca/web/index.php/928...-the-nhl-draft.

28. Michael Prapavessis - Left Defenceman - Toronto Lakeshore (OJHL) – 6’1” - 175
                  A graduate of the Mississauga Rebels program, Prapavessis has come a significant way in a short time period. In his time with the Lakeshore Patriots of the OJHL, his game has come a significant way. A defender who kept things simple in Minor Midget, he is more poised and controlled, pushing the play and stretching the ice. He’s developed himself into a power play distributor, one who can read the play and make smart, cerebral assessments in quick time periods. Walks the line, works to get into open passing lanes and either distribute a quick feed or fire off a hard, accurate slapshot. Still has some room to grow with his positional play, can struggle with his defensive reads and get pulled out of position, however does possess a good stick and ample wingspan, which makes it easy for him to angle defenders into soft portions of the ice. Committed to RPI and recently saw his CHL rights acquired by the London Knights, Prapavessis has multiple options at his disposal. That said, expect him to wait until the NHL draft is over to determine his route of choice, as the NHL team that selects him will want to have a say in his future. Projects as a depth defender at the next level, one who has some room to grow in the defensive zone, but has some real potential moving forward. Expected to be selected in the mid to late rounds, however given his development over the past two years, he certainly will be an attractive option.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In a mock draft at Hockey's future http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1647977, Dillon went #145, and Prapavessis #206. It amazes me every year that they are able to get through these things.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ranked #7 in the USPHL Elite League http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=82470

7. Kenny Gillespie ('93, F, New Jersey Hitmen): When looking up the definition of power-forward, you will find Kenny Gillespie's name listed. A native of North Carolina, Gillespie had 15 goals and 19 assists for New Jersey last season leading the Hitmen to the USPHL Finals. He collected 99 penalty minutes during the 2013-14 campaign and will head to R.P.I. this fall. Gillespie is an extremely strong forward with a powerful shot that anybody would want on their team. He should be able to transfer his game to the NCAA level without a problem.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In a mock draft at Hockey's future http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1647977, Dillon went #145, and Prapavessis #206. It amazes me every year that they are able to get through these things.
                        ....reading this it looked more like a fantasy site. Someone though knew all those names. That said, I wonder if being a FA rather than a 7th round pick (Praps) would be more beneficial down the road. Always nice to have the recognition of being drafted but I’ll bet more FA’s have a better shot than most 7th rounders.

Comment

....reading this it looked more like a fantasy site. Someone though knew all those names. That said, I wonder if being a FA rather than a 7th round pick (Praps) would be more beneficial down the road. Always nice to have the recognition of being drafted but I’ll bet more FA’s have a better shot than most 7th rounders.
                          Very much in agreement-huge difference between being drafted in the first 1-3 rounds and later on. Thinking about our recent history with fairly high draft choices-i think i prefer actually not to have anyone taken in those lower rounds. With the economics of pro hockey as they are today-the chances of them staying in Troy long and developing and contributing there is not very good.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I think the answer is "it depends". If one improves in college they are better off being a free agent (e.g. Tapper and Haggerty). Also not being drafted can be a motivating factor in college.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Very much in agreement-huge difference between being drafted in the first 1-3 rounds and later on. Thinking about our recent history with fairly high draft choices-i think i prefer actually not to have anyone taken in those lower rounds. With the economics of pro hockey as they are today-the chances of them staying in Troy long and developing and contributing there is not very good.
                              We have only had three 1-3 round choices in history -- Hejna, Murley, and Pirri. We only lost one of those.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looks like Hayhurst and Prapavessis named to the OHA All Prospects team

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_151669

Comment

Working...
                                X