Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Congrats to UNH. They took PC out of their offense with tremendous defense, something Maine couldn't do in four attempts. Should be a great game tonight against the River Hawks. Nice to see the two goal tenders acknowledge one another at the end of the game. I know, they were once team mates, but still a nice gesture.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Congrats to UNH. They took PC out of their offense with tremendous defense, something Maine couldn't do in four attempts. Should be a great game tonight against the River Hawks. Nice to see the two goal tenders acknowledge one another at the end of the game. I know, they were once team mates, but still a nice gesture.
      “We talked about trying to make Gillies stay on the ground and move side to side,” Goumas said, “and I thought that was an opportunity to do that.” Hmmm.

Full article: http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...4/-1/fossports
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        The way Goumas is playing he'll probably find a way on Hellebuyck. Still IMO any goalie would have had a tough time stopping both those goals.
        I agree Goumas is hot and he will find a way to score. And I don't care if the goals are pretty or not, just put the puck int he back of the net. And UNH did that last night and they played a great game so I'm pretty pumped. But Gillies did not not look good on two of the goals. On the wrap around (which was just a great effort by Goumas) Gillies over committed to his left and fell backwards and still almost got over in time. Not sure why you think any goalie at this level would have a tough time stopping a wrap around. And on the third goal Gillies did initially get lucky b/c Sorkin should have buried it. Then it was a scramble behind the net so maybe Gillies lost track of the puck. But then Gillies was almost completely in the net. Not sure what he was doing. Was he knocked in? I'd have to watch a replay. So as people like to say, I'm sure he would like to have those back. But I'll take it and it's not like PC outplayed UNH and UNH got lucky to get the W. UNH definitely earned the win last night.

Comment

In the prediction department my head tells me that UML's style, rolling 4 lines and experience will be too much for the 'cats. The mojo factor tells me that the 'cats win because while early in the season we made a lot of opposing goalies look better than they were we are now making good goalies look average.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Always good to see the moves from your group along the glass to support our band, whether at Lake Whiit or the Garden, 29.

Let's meet again tonight between periods along the outside windows behind escalators opposite sections 16-17? I will wear my Bentley cap and UNH white jersey again tonight for good luck. My girlfriend gave me a blue jersey a few years ago, but it was way too large, so gave it to my brother in Colorado, who wears it for UNH visits to CC and DU.
            Hey Snively65 we were staying in Waltham last night at the Westin! Again so fun to meet you all...I would go down in a heartbeat tonight if I had a ride from even Manchester; hate to drive in Boston so if there's anyone out there who is going from the ManchVegas area I'll buy a tix and give gas $$, parking, etc. BTW we parked right across the Gahden last night cheap; 12 bucks bought it online. Don't know if it's available tonight...So you guys have fun and I'll most likely "lose it at home" (aerman..haha) watching it on NESN

Ooops..almost forgot, Sonar, DID go buy some sage today and plan on burning it prior to the game (outside tho; my hubby always thinks its..you know... )

Good Luck 'Cat fans, where ever you are!!!

Bring It 'Cats!!
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              In the prediction department my head tells me that UML's style, rolling 4 lines and experience will be too much for the 'cats. The mojo factor tells me that the 'cats win because while early in the season we made a lot of opposing goalies look better than they were we are now making good goalies look average.
              Last night going in, I had NO idea what to really think. I had a little voice in my head say "we can win this thing" and once I saw the game we brought...I began to fully BELIEVE it could happen. So..here we are!
              The 'Cats are going to have to rely on a lot more than "little Engine that Could" thinking but hey it never hurts! Felger...will we be more good than lucky tonight? I like to believe in destiny too...ya know that 'airy fairy' stuff. No matter what, just play the game hard and "win baby, win"!

Bring it 'Cats!!

Comment

Don't forget boys and girls: NESN+ tonight. Two nights in a row of bad news for those in the dorms. Two nights in a row of good news for Libby's, The Knot and Scorps.

Comment

• "UNH Outplays Providence 3-1, Advances to Hockey East Championship Game"

With video highlights.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Sitting in Section 20... which enemy's territory is that?
                    The Lowell sections are 21 and 22.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Nice win last night, very solid performance. Couple comments from previous posts:

Attendance: The cameras faced the sections where at least the UML sections were and I don't think that many stayed for the second game (I can't say, because I did not). I think we brought as many, if not more, than you did last night, but that didn't help perception. That being said, with neither BC or BU, the casual Bostonian was less likely to buy a ticket. With four different fan bases in a neutral arena, it's hard to get the attendance up. It's just the same problem that the NCAAs struggle with.

Related: I expect both UNH and UML to bring even more fans today than yesterday. This should make for a pretty awesome atmosphere. This level of success is still relatively new/rare for UML so we're all easily jacked at this kind of thing and UNH (apologies if wrong) hasn't been to finals in a bit, so I think your fans are also psyched to be in it again.

I'm nervous about this game, but if we play like we did yesterday, we should be ok. All I ask is a clean, exciting game where nobody gets hurt so we both have our best chance in the NCAAs should we get there.

See you guys there!
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Don't forget boys and girls: NESN+ tonight. Two nights in a row of bad news for those in the dorms. Two nights in a row of good news for Libby's, The Knot and Scorps.
                        If you can't get that, or record it, it may also be on NBCSN.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          If you can't get that, or record it, it may also be on NBCSN.
                          Likely blacked out on NBCSN in the Boston viewing area again tonight.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I didn't realize it was but doesn't surprise me. I will set my DVR accordingly. NESN Plus does not yet have something in the program guide to record for me. I did find out when talking to Comcast that there may be a reply if you want a recording Wednesday at 11am.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Just checked in my neck of the woods (Lakes Reg NH) and it's going to be on both NESN (til 8:30 ) and it's scheduled for NBCSN so I'm stoked. Of course...would rather be at the Garden...sigh. Oh well. Can't go to EVERY GAME. haha Have a blast Cat fans!! Here's hoping Dick gets his long over due WHALE.

Bring it 'Cats!!
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-22-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Can't go to EVERY GAME. haha
                                Sure you can
                                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Working...
                                X