PDA

View Full Version : NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

NMUFAN
09-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd like to see women's competitive hockey down the road. Love the additions of women's lacrosse and men's soccer. I've really liked what Forrest Karr has done in his tenure thus far. Wonder what's next? (Beating a dead horse here) but BEC video board?

The video board will come eventually. It took time to secure sponsorship funds for the video board at the Dome. I'm sure it will be a challenge to approach the same companies for more money for another board. I've pledged to donate a healthy portion of the cost as soon as I win the Power Ball.:D

Karr has said it's on his list of things to do.

aparch
10-10-2014, 08:34 AM
It's gameda.... *checks schedule*

It's one day until the intrasquad scrimmage game!

This is the latest into the season I ever remember the Cats starting. Hopefully the two weeks of practice time helps get the Cats versus Wisconsin next weekend.

RaceBoarder
10-10-2014, 08:08 PM
It's gameda.... *checks schedule*

It's one day until the intrasquad scrimmage game!

This is the latest into the season I ever remember the Cats starting. Hopefully the two weeks of practice time helps get the Cats versus Wisconsin next weekend.

Yea, the late start is different.... Since Tech/LSSU were playing each other last weekend, was this a case where the Cats couldn't get a Canadian team to come to town for just a one-off game? I assume when a Canadian team does a weekend in the U.P., both NCAA schools split the travel costs...

davyd83
10-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Yea, the late start is different.... Since Tech/LSSU were playing each other last weekend, was this a case where the Cats couldn't get a Canadian team to come to town for just a one-off game? I assume when a Canadian team does a weekend in the U.P., both NCAA schools split the travel costs...
A lot of Canadian teams were unavailable due to a scheduling quirk with tryouts for a national squad of some sort.

davyd83
10-10-2014, 09:10 PM
For NMU fans going to Green Bay next weekend, there will be a post game reception at the Resch Center, then the "Official 100.3 The Point After Party Party" at the Stadium View Bar. On Saturday, "Wildcat Game Day Live" will air from the Stadium View with guests including Negaunee native and Green Bay Radio/TV Sports Personality John Maino and former Wildcat football TE Charlie Nickel along with NMU hockey personnel and hopefully a Green Bay Packer guest too. The Stadium View opens at 10:00 CT and the show will go from 10:30 CT to 11:30 and lead up to the Wildcat football pregame. Cat fans, friends and alumni are encouraged to attend with full menu and beverages available!

NMU Fan
10-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Anyone drop by the Berry last night to watch the scrimmage? I couldn't make it. Anyone stand out? Does the team look good? Or too early to tell?

On a second note, I think it's time to get a season thread going. Beat Wisconsin!

davyd83
10-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Anyone drop by the Berry last night to watch the scrimmage? I couldn't make it. Anyone stand out? Does the team look good? Or too early to tell?

On a second note, I think it's time to get a season thread going. Beat Wisconsin!

A scrimmage, or even an exhibition game isn't really a way to get a good read on the team. There are players in that won't play regularly, PP & PK units aren't necessarily playing against the equivalent of a regular season game either. It's really tough to get an accurate feeling until they've got 8-10 real games under their belt. Anything else is premature. The biggest thing that likely comes from the scrimmage is who will occupy the last couple seats on the bus to Green Bay. Coach Kyle will join me on the Vango's NMU Sports Roundtable Monday night at 7:30 on 100.3 The Point and online at RadioEagleSports.com.

NMUFAN
10-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Ryan Daugherty isn't on the roster for his senior season. What happened?

davyd83
10-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Ryan Daugherty isn't on the roster for his senior season. What happened?

He's not enrolled at NMU.

NMUFAN
10-12-2014, 08:55 PM
He's not enrolled at NMU.

Was that his decision or was it mutual?

Anyway, looking forward to next weekend in Green Bay. Including the Friday post game party and the after post game party!

Hockey is finally here!!

davyd83
10-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Can't wait to get on that bus Thursday morning! I'll ask Walt about Ryan tomorrow night.

NMUFAN
10-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Can't wait to get on that bus Thursday morning! I'll ask Walt about Ryan tomorrow night.

Thanks, Dave. I'll be listening tomorrow night.

NMUFAN
10-13-2014, 09:43 PM

Thanks for asking Walt tonight, Dave. Hopefully the rest of the team realizes academics are very important.

Time to start a 2014-2015 season thread. Aparch, RaceBoarder, get on it! I'm not creative enough for a clever title.