2014 NCAA Frozen Four: Mercyhurst Lakers vs. Clarkson Golden Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NCAA Frozen Four: Mercyhurst Lakers vs. Clarkson Golden Knights

Here's a thread for pre- and post-game coverage and discussion.

The teams met in Potsdam in October, and Mercyhurst won and tied. The Lakers had played an earlier series with Cornell and were on the short end of that one, and it didn't serve as an indication of what would happen in the NCAAs.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: 2014 NCAA Frozen Four: Mercyhurst Lakers vs. Clarkson Golden Knights

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Here's a thread for pre- and post-game coverage and discussion.

The teams met in Potsdam in October, and Mercyhurst won and tied. The Lakers had played an earlier series with Cornell and were on the short end of that one, and it didn't serve as an indication of what would happen in the NCAAs.
    I watched that 2 game series over the internet. Clarkson had a lot of trouble with Mercyhursts breakout and speed. Mercyhust's goalie played very well in that series. Over that weekend Clarksons goalie Erica Howe faced the most SOG she saw all season (I think it was 27/26 SOG). Now Mercyhurst only managed 2 goals that series (Plus an ENG) but they held Clarkson to 1 goal. I expect this to be another low scoring contest. I hope Erin Ambrose can play but am not counting on it. May the best sacrificial lamb (I mean team) win. LGT LGT LGT
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Well Desrosiers is still being pretty vague on whether or not Ambrose will be playing. But they proved last weekend they can more than handle themselves without her. So I'm not terribly worried.

“Lower body injury, day to day, and she’s going to be a game-time decision,” he said. “We’ll figure that out as it comes along.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2014/03/20/firs...#ixzz2wVu9sciU

LGT LGT LGT

Comment

Wish this game had been the first game. I have a commitment toknight so I will miss the game. Good luck to the Knights.

LGT LGT LGT
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Wish this game had been the first game. I have a commitment toknight so I will miss the game. Good luck to the Knights.
          I see what you did there.

Comment

Looks like low attendance for this one too.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

PA announcer, PA announcer! Pronounciation check on "Rattray" in Aisle 3.

Comment

Lakers look faster as they make it 1-0. Can they maintain this pace?

Comment

The Mercyhurst offensive strategy is definitely get pucks to the net and bang away. Simple, but effective!

Comment

Clarkson picking it up a little late in the first. Some good chances.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Even though Mercyhurst is up 1-0, they have not looked comfortable getting the puck out of their own zone. A lot of turnovers for the Lakers in the first period.

Is it me, or does it seem like the play-by-play announcer left her roster sheet at home? The player's names are hardly used, especially for Mercyhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by LakersFan View Post
                        Is it me, or does it seem like the play-by-play announcer left her roster sheet at home? The player's names are hardly used, especially for Mercyhurst.
                        At this point, I'd be happy if she just said numbers. Presumably, she could pronounce all of those.

I agree that Clarkson's forecheck looks menacing. Overall, none of the four teams today really have looked that comfortable playing in their own zone. I thought that MU did a nice job on the PK -- mobile and in synch.

Comment

Originally posted by LakersFan View Post
                          Even though Mercyhurst is up 1-0, they have not looked comfortable getting the puck out of their own zone. A lot of turnovers for the Lakers in the first period.

She called Shannon MacAulay, Rattray at one point when Jamie wasn't even on the ice, close numbers and their posture and skating style are very similar... I'll admit I get them confused sometimes and I've been watching Jamie and Shannon since their freshman years. But they're wearing home jerseys with their names on them, so no excuses.

Comment

Merychurst had a chance to clear the zone but turned it over. Finally cost them on the deflection for the goal.

Comment

USCHO has a live blog of this game here:
                              http://www.uscho.com/liveblogs/2014/...-semifinals-2/

Comment

Working...
                              X