DIII Final 4...Stafford Ice Arena....Information for area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Final 4...Stafford Ice Arena....Information for area

If anyone is looking for information on lodging, restaurants, directions or whatever.....post here and I will be glad to help as I am sure most of us would. Welcome to Plattsburgh!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: DIII Final 4...Stafford Ice Arena....Information for area

Looking forward to listening to some fantastic hockey games on the radio! (I'm assuming WIRY will carry the early semifinal and WDEV will carry the late one.) I'll unfortunatrly be at work during the first 3 games, but I'll be able to make it for the Championship Game!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I wonder if the Platty game will be the Rob and Robbie show...or if they can get Ducky there!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        If anyone is looking for information on lodging, restaurants, directions or whatever.....post here and I will be glad to help as I am sure most of us would. Welcome to Plattsburgh!
        I have not had the chance to be in Plattsburgh this season; any new restaurant options?
        Looking forward to some great games.
        Good Luck to Coach Houle and the Cardinals!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
          I have not had the chance to be in Plattsburgh this season; any new restaurant options?
          Looking forward to some great games.
          Good Luck to Coach Houle and the Cardinals!
          Buffalo Wild Wings in Consumer Square, abut 1/4 mile from Stafford ( back entrance to Consumer Square is on Rugar St about 500 feet from the entrance to Stafford) Five Guys Burgers, There are many others in the past couple years too like Chicago Uno Grill.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Buffalo Wild Wings in Consumer Square, abut 1/4 mile from Stafford ( back entrance to Consumer Square is on Rugar St about 500 feet from the entrance to Stafford) Five Guys Burgers, There are many others in the past couple years too like Chicago Uno Grill.
            Thank you...anything new downtown? I remember the Burned Pepper near City Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              Thank you...anything new downtown? I remember the Burned Pepper near City Hall.
              The Pepper is still there, also Chefy's Bar and Grill is on Margaret St. There are still the old places that have been there for years, Won Kwan Chinese Buffet, Irises and Monopole still has the best pizza and wings.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The Pepper is still there, also Chefy's Bar and Grill is on Margaret St. There are still the old places that have been there for years, Won Kwan Chinese Buffet, Irises and Monopole still has the best pizza and wings.
                For any first time visitors to Plattsburgh I highly recommend grabbing a couple Michigans from either one of the local places that sells them or from the snack bar at the stafford!

It's basically a hot dog with meat sauce but it's darn tasty especially when you bury the onions!

I can't wait for my first one of the weekend on Friday night!
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  For any first time visitors to Plattsburgh I highly recommend grabbing a couple Michigans from either one of the local places that sells them or from the snack bar at the stafford!

It's basically a hot dog with meat sauce but it's darn tasty especially when you bury the onions!

I can't wait for my first one of the weekend on Friday night!
                  Mmmmm McSweeney's Red Hots.... http://www.mcsweeneysredhots.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                    Mmmmm McSweeney's Red Hots.... http://www.mcsweeneysredhots.com/
                    I am a Gus' fan!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

And for those who can't make to the Ronnie B: http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule/2014/03/21

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Appreciate the hospitality! For those of us making our first trek out there, any thoughts on a good place for a group of parents to go out to for either food or food/drink. Any places we should be sure not to miss on our trip out to Plattsburgh as far as sights, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by rogershockey View Post
                          Appreciate the hospitality! For those of us making our first trek out there, any thoughts on a good place for a group of parents to go out to for either food or food/drink. Any places we should be sure not to miss on our trip out to Plattsburgh as far as sights, etc?
                          Most of the chains are here as far as restaurants. Buffalo Wild Wings, Ninety-Nine, Ground Round, Applebees, Perkins, Five Guys Burgers, and more. These are all right on or near Rt 3. Downtown there are several places that are great as well, The Smoked Pepper, Chefy's Bar & Grill, Olive Ridley's Irises, The Monopole and many more. Many areas are still covered with snow and that actually is unusual this late in the winter/early spring. Of course you are only 45 minutes from Lake Placid and Burlington as well as an hour from Montreal. Enjoy your stay.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            Looking forward to listening to some fantastic hockey games on the radio! (I'm assuming WIRY will carry the early semifinal and WDEV will carry the late one.) I'll unfortunatrly be at work during the first 3 games, but I'll be able to make it for the Championship Game!
                            WDEV will be there for both Norwich games ... live at AM 550 and FM 96.1 ... signal on the FM booms into P-Burgh!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              WDEV will be there for both Norwich games ... live at AM 550 and FM 96.1 ... signal on the FM booms into P-Burgh!
                              I will be listening to the Norwich game while I watch, hopefully at the arena. Game 1 I will listen to Robbie Knowles while I watch. All depends on how back treats me Friday.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                              X