Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State WCHA Semifinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State WCHA Semifinal

These two teams split their four games during the regular season. BG was the only WCHA team to get a win in Mankato. All four games were decided by one goal with three of the games decided in overtime. It should be a good one. What are everyone's thoughts?

GO BG!!!!! Roll Along.

Re: Bowling Green vs. Minnesota State WCHA Semifinal

Double good news for Mav fans - We made the FF, AND it's not in the Xcel Center, where we're like 0 for 98 (That may not be an exact number, but it's not far off.). Good luck in Grand Rapids!

Comment

The Bowling Green games were very early in the season. I'm sure that neither team is the same now as they were then.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        The Bowling Green games were very early in the season. I'm sure that neither team is the same now as they were then.
        I'm hoping so. The Mavs are 10-1-1 in their last 12. One more win and it's probably a guaranteed birth in the NCAAs. Two wins almost guarantees them a 3 seed.

If the Mavericks continue to click special teams wise, I don't see how BG beats them.

Also, for Maverick fans, just a reminder the games will be televised on FSNorth.
        Last edited by MavHockey14; 03-17-2014, 02:35 AM.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

@MavHockey14. I believe you mean berth.
          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

This is playoff hockey. The regular season record or how the teams played each other earlier means nothing (except for seeding). The idea of one and done tends to change the chemistry on a hockey team. NMU nearly took you to a game three yet you're confident that BG probably doesn't have a chance. I'm not sure that I'd be that confident. I don't make bold declarations like that for obvious reasons, win or lose I just hope for a great game from my Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
              This is playoff hockey. The regular season record or how the teams played each other earlier means nothing (except for seeding). The idea of one and done tends to change the chemistry on a hockey team. NMU nearly took you to a game three yet you're confident that BG probably doesn't have a chance. I'm not sure that I'd be that confident. I don't make bold declarations like that for obvious reasons, win or lose I just hope for a great game from my Falcons.
              I don't see MavHockey 14 making any bold prediction, nor did he say that BG doesn't have a chance.

What he did say was "If the Mavericks continue to click special teams wise, I don't see how BG beats them." And I believe, he is correct.

Comment

I feel like it is going to be a good series. I agree that the teams are different than when they met before, BG has their best player now. If Carpenter stays hot and BG keeps all its lines rolling and we get a solid effort from Burke, it should be a good one to watch.

Speaking of watching...any BG or Mavs fans going to the game?

Comment

I've seen it all year, and will repeat myself on this post. IF BG plays all three periods, they can play with anybody....BUT if they take a collective nap, they can lose to ANYbody. I make NO bold predictions, other that to say I expect this to be an exciting game to watch...and am QUITE sad that I won't be able to be there in person

The Mavericks' power-play numbers are frightening, and the only way to negate that is to stay out of the box. Mister Obvious has spoken.
                  Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                    I've seen it all year, and will repeat myself on this post. IF BG plays all three periods, they can play with anybody....BUT if they take a collective nap, they can lose to ANYbody. I make NO bold predictions, other that to say I expect this to be an exciting game to watch...and am QUITE sad that I won't be able to be there in person

The Mavericks' power-play numbers are frightening, and the only way to negate that is to stay out of the box. Mister Obvious has spoken.
                    Oh, so just like virtually every other hockey team, if the team plays a full game, they can play with anybody?

If both teams get great effort and consistently play well, the Mavericks will likely win a close game. Often times in big games, special teams makes the difference. Hopefully with the third best power play and third best penalty kill in the country, the Mavericks can use that to their advantage.
                    AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      Hopefully with the third best power play and third best penalty kill in the country, the Mavericks can use that to their advantage.
                      last time I checked, Mankato's PK was 6th. and BG's was 13th.
                      but yeah, the expectations here are on Mankato.
                      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                        Nicely played

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                          last time I checked, Mankato's PK was 6th. and BG's was 13th.
                          I forgot the pitiful performance the PK had on Saturday moved it down to 6th. Thanks.
                          AF 99

Comment

This game could be decided by a "garbage" goal. No goals are garbage in hockey. Don't quote me on this, but I can see the game winner being a slapshot from the point, hitting the glass behind the net and the pucks bounced back and hits the goalie in the back and goes in...wouldn't be the first time I have seen it.

It is going to be a good, fun game. Hopefully I will be able to watch it live.

Comment

BG beat us recently better than Mankato.

All year I thought Mankato would win the WCHA, but now I am not so sure.

I think GR will bring some surprises as the predicted Ferris vs MSU is also as likely not to happen.

Hope the fans come out and watch some great hockey.

I really like Coach Bergeron, and think he will have his team ready for Mankato.

Comment

Working...
                              X